corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ye olde 1.8T 20v

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ye olde 1.8T 20v
LeeM

User status: Offline
23rd May 11 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was referring to golfs, ive got no experience of audis to comment on, but in those pics the handles and door cards look to be of a much better quality than the vw's
Fro

23rd May 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 speed boxes can suffer pin shear, I had one go that had only done 40k, lost 1st and 2nd.
antnee

23rd May 11 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bolt down coil packs are better than the pushdown ones. VAG group have had a massive recall to change coil packs recently too.
adiohead

23rd May 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you sure?

The latest part no for the ignition coil is:
06B905115R

and they're push down

I have some bolt down ones sitting here because I got told they were better. Turned out they were not right for the BAM engine and the push down ones have been fine since updating.
andys sxi
Premium Member

23rd May 11 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the one i got last week was a push down one

April 08 feature car
stan_the_man

23rd May 11 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have any pics of my A3's interior but my flat mate has a 2001 Golf and my 1998 Audi's interior is in better nick. The dash and all plastics seem to be made of nicer stuff.

Obligatory pics of my A3 when i has the 19's on

Dave

23rd May 11 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bolt down coils were not replaced as part of the recall, push down ones were replaced with a revised push down, only time will tell if they are any more reliable.
antnee

23rd May 11 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
Bolt down coils were not replaced as part of the recall, push down ones were replaced with a revised push down, only time will tell if they are any more reliable.

Thats what I meant! I was just saying bolt downs seem to be better though
antnee

23rd May 11 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kz

23rd May 11 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two more cheapys I found routing around today was a Prelude VTI & Vectra Super Tourer!?

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2848988.htm

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2845776.htm
fazza

23rd May 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rust on that vectra

can get a nice vectra sri for that sort of money easily. has all the toys and abit newer. usually better nick aswel

Dave

23rd May 11 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave

Thats what I meant! I was just saying bolt downs seem to be better though

Seems to be the general consensus, I guess that's why they weren't part of the recall. The bolt down type were made by Hitachi, push downs could be any of a number of makes.

Interesting that so many people have noticed the Audi interior holding up batter than the VW, maybe you aren't just paying more for the badge after all.
tom-gardiner

24th May 11 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 1.8t golf mk4, a3's ect are all the same, but get a 2001 or newer one these run a ko3s turbo apposed to the older ko3 turbo which was fitted on cars with engine code AGU, ko3 remap=180-190bhp ko3s remap to 200-210bhpish. all dependent on engine.

best option is get a older AGU car, then fit ko3s, the AGU engine is much stronger, AGU, ko3s, 3"downpipe, de-cat, cat-back, forge tip and forge oo7p will look at 220bhp
Corsa_Sport21

24th May 11 at 05:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a prelude like that.Was a 2.2 Vti auto/tiptronic though.Fantastic all round car,pretty under-stated and imo.they look stunning.Nice and sleek and not a common car.

Always said i would have another but would have to be a manual and either a Motegi or a Type S.
Brett
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom-gardiner
the 1.8t golf mk4, a3's ect are all the same, but get a 2001 or newer one these run a ko3s turbo apposed to the older ko3 turbo which was fitted on cars with engine code AGU, ko3 remap=180-190bhp ko3s remap to 200-210bhpish. all dependent on engine.

best option is get a older AGU car, then fit ko3s, the AGU engine is much stronger, AGU, ko3s, 3"downpipe, de-cat, cat-back, forge tip and forge oo7p will look at 220bhp

Didn't realise all 2001+ had K03s, thought it was just on special ones like Quattro etc.
RichR
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 2001 1.8T sport (non-Quattro), not sure if it had a K03 but the remap showed 207hp which would fit in with the above but that could also have been dodgy rollers

Editted for clarity, made no sense to me at all when I re-read it

[Edited on 24-05-2011 by LiVe LeE]
3CorsaMeal

24th May 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the money i would get a golf vr6, not trying to being funny, but i think it would be a better purchase on that budget
Fro

24th May 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Originally posted by tom-gardiner

Didn't realise all 2001+ had K03s, thought it was just on special ones like Quattro etc.

Can usually tell by engine codes.
Fro

24th May 11 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
for the money i would get a golf vr6, not trying to being funny, but i think it would be a better purchase on that budget

agree with this bredda.

I got a VR6 not too long ago and it felt much better built than my mk4 anni did. Alot more fun to drive aswell.
Brett
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've just looked on Parkers and it says all non-quattro 8L A3's are 150bhp, so K03. Obviously S3's are K04. Golfs seem to be different, where the anni has a K03s but other normal 1.8T's seem to as well.
adiohead

24th May 11 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anyone wants bolt down 1.8t ignition coils then let me know or they're going in the bin
Brett
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine are bolt down
RichR
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well I've just looked on Parkers and it says all non-quattro 8L A3's are 150bhp, so K03. Obviously S3's are K04. Golfs seem to be different, where the anni has a K03s but other normal 1.8T's seem to as well.

Mine had a pretty intensive rebuild when it was 3months old after Dad hit a badger at 80ish on the motorway ripping the manifold clean off the block, did all kinds of damage. It may even have been re-engined such was the damage. He had it remapped by Awesome GTi in Manchester when it was 12/18months old and the read outs show 207hp but that said, it struggled in a straight line to stay anywhere near my friend's 225 S3 from a rolling start so I was always dubious
Fro

24th May 11 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

They got it after the anni was released, were found on the AUM engines.
adiohead

24th May 11 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
He had it remapped by Awesome GTi in Manchester when it was 12/18months old and the read outs show 207hp but that said, it struggled in a straight line to stay anywhere near my friend's 225 S3 from a rolling start so I was always dubious

hmmm, it should of kept up. Maybe it was having MAF issues, N75 issues or a boost leak.

Although, I've also heard that Awesome GTi's RR is very generous.

[Edited on 24-05-2011 by adiohead]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ye olde 1.8T 20v 23 database queries in 0.0186779 seconds