corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Odd (but legal) social interests

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Odd (but legal) social interests
Behr

User status: Offline
9th Jun 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like reading about conspiracy theories and serial killer
Jambo

9th Jun 11 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoy most things to do with the 1940's. Love the clothes fashion music etc. All ties in with the war etc
mattk

9th Jun 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drinking beer, music, cars and looking after chickens are my main hobbies, unfortunatly plumbing takes up the rest of my time
Dr Pepper

9th Jun 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lawn Bowls ... im decent ..... Current county singles champion, play for one of the better clubs in the country, qualifed for the national singles championships last year - and won a fair few trophies over the years ...ambition is to play for England in the commenwealth games(got a long way to go for that though)

Played for about 17 years now - didnt tell mates for the first 10 years lol...untill we grew up, and I started winning things and had my photo in the local paper alot -kind of hard to hide it then. To be honest - when people actually realised I was good - and was competing at national level no one really took the piss ... unless you are into the sport most of your preconseptions are wrong - its not an old mans game any more - most of the top people we play against are under 35 years old - its competitive as fuck at the top as you have the chance of playing on tv or playing in the commenwealths - hopefully it should get olympic status at some point as well.

Great sport to be honest - most of my team mates are aged between 15-40, get to travel the country playing competitively, really good team side to the sport and lots of social days out on the piss - I love it..... bit heavy going this time of year though - playing pretty much every day of the week through june and july - fcking nightmare fitting work, and the rest of my life around it.

[Edited on 09-06-2011 by Dr Pepper]
micra_pete
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

family history. reading old census, war docs, maps and stuff. Love it.
adiohead

9th Jun 11 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Lawn Bowls ... im decent ..... Current county singles champion, play for one of the better clubs in the country, qualifed for the national singles championships last year - and won a fair few trophies over the years ...ambition is to play for England in the commenwealth games(got a long way to go for that though)

Played for about 17 years now - didnt tell mates for the first 10 years lol...untill we grew up, and I started winning things and had my photo in the local paper alot -kind of hard to hide it then. To be honest - when people actually realised I was good - and was competing at national level no one really took the piss ... unless you are into the sport most of your preconseptions are wrong - its not an old mans game any more - most of the top people we play against are under 35 years old - its competitive as fuck at the top as you have the chance of playing on tv or playing in the commenwealths - hopefully it should get olypic status at some point as well.

Great sport to be honest - most of my team mates are aged between 15-40, get to travel the country playing competitively - I love it..... bit heavy going this time of year though - playing pretty much every day of the week through june and july - fcking nightmare fitting work, and the rest of my life around it.

Do you know Andrew Knapper?
Dr Pepper

9th Jun 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:

Played for about 17 years now - didnt tell mates for the first 10 years lol...untill we grew up, and I started winning things and had my photo in the local paper alot -kind of hard to hide it then. To be honest - when people actually realised I was good - and was competing at national level no one really took the piss ... unless you are into the sport most of your preconseptions are wrong - its not an old mans game any more - most of the top people we play against are under 35 years old - its competitive as fuck at the top as you have the chance of playing on tv or playing in the commenwealths - hopefully it should get olypic status at some point as well.

Great sport to be honest - most of my team mates are aged between 15-40, get to travel the country playing competitively - I love it..... bit heavy going this time of year though - playing pretty much every day of the week through june and july - fcking nightmare fitting work, and the rest of my life around it.

Do you know Andrew Knapper?

I know him very well mate - plays for berkshire .... I played under 25 against him for years, and now I play for Oxon - we have played berkshire in the middleton cup(basically the top team competition) for the last few years... so I get to play against him quite a bit

Nice guy is andy - and very good at the sport - hes right on the edge of playing for england - hes had a few trials now - think he played for england juniors as well - how do you know him?

Ingham
Banned

9th Jun 11 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Planes and excessive masturbation.
adiohead

9th Jun 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
how do you know him?

I went to school with him!

Haven't seen him in years but knew he played bowls

[Edited on 09-06-2011 by adiohead]
Jambo

9th Jun 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking he'll Dr P knows Knapper?! Wtf is this small world shit
Dr Pepper

9th Jun 11 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Fucking he'll Dr P knows Knapper?! Wtf is this small world shit

You know him too? He plays for Desborough club in maidenhead so I guess your close

Bowls is like any other sport - top players in each club tend to know all the other top players out there. Andy is a class player ... been established as a really good player for longer than I have .... I didnt really get good till I was in my early twenties ... always had talent but never really had a good attitude as an under 25 player.

Funnily enough the photo that has been posted above...that was taken at the national championships at worthing and I was stood pretty much where the phot was taken from watching that exact game lol

Last year was my best year so far ..... our table at the presentation evening was comical

Jambo

9th Jun 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also went to school with him, Adio and me both went to the same school. Not that anyone believes he's real
Ben J

9th Jun 11 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
Camping and walking

Me too.
Russ

9th Jun 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Also went to school with him, Adio and me both went to the same school. Not that anyone believes he's real
i believe, seen his ring
Jambo

9th Jun 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh if walking counts I do that. Walked the entire of Virginia water/savil garden. 14 odd miles. Was epic.
DJMartin07

9th Jun 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like planes alot. Into the old war planes alot, like the B-17 most, was also in air cadets. Thinking of re-doing my GCSE's and getting better grades so I can get in the RAF, as all I can do atm is Driver. Also like Air Crash Investigation aswell, and trying to solve them before it is on the program.

Also like Japanese Manga/anime. Even go to the conventions to do with them. Got one in September, and another in October.
Ojc

9th Jun 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nuclear holocaust
Firearms
Nazi era secret projects
End or war era 45-47 and what the Nazi party were doing

Pillboxes, absolute fasination with them and I would say my biggest one. I see them and always wonder "what if£" they had to be used. Love to have seen them manned during the war at some point, my grandad saw one local manned only once when delivering milk to a farmers.

I actually want to buy one and build a full scale bunker out of it, surround it with barbed wire, dig out the floor and have a lower level and an escape tunnel.
ed

9th Jun 11 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aeroplanes, electronics and computer programming. My weekends are fun.
C2RL R

9th Jun 11 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fishing and collecting action figures are what my mates take the piss out of me for. I just talk about it more to give them ammo as I'm not ashamed of it!
DJMartin07

9th Jun 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another one I forgot to add is trucks. Used to be a member of Eddie Stobart fan club, and my Pa is a 18 wheeler driver in the States, does Georgia (where he lives) to Pennsylvania to New Jersey and back. Used to do Pennsylvania to LA. Think they're just cool. Got bullied at school for like trucks. :/ xD
Ben J

9th Jun 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DJMartin07
Another one I forgot to add is trucks. Used to be a member of Eddie Stobart fan club, and my Pa is a 18 wheeler driver in the States, does Georgia (where he lives) to Pennsylvania to New Jersey and back. Used to do Pennsylvania to LA. Think they're just cool. Got bullied at school for like trucks. :/ xD

Have you been watching the Eddie Stobart programs on each Friday on CH5.

[Edited on 09-06-2011 by Ben J]
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

planes and men
DJMartin07

9th Jun 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
Originally posted by DJMartin07

Have you been watching the Eddie Stobart programs on each Friday on CH5.

[Edited on 09-06-2011 by Ben J]

I saw most of them. Missed the odd one from being out with friends. But the ones I saw were interesting. Shows ya a good behind the scenes of the company. Went to their depot in Daventry when I was 12 for my birthday. Had a ride. Got loads of toys in there boxes still under my bed and in the loft.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great programme that
evo_69

9th Jun 11 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I collect pint glasses from the pub got loads now but none of two of the same...always get relatives and people I know when they go on holiday to pinch me one if I haven't got it lol

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Odd (but legal) social interests 22 database queries in 0.0137830 seconds