corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Who Thinks Prem Footballers are Wimps Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who Thinks Prem Footballers are Wimps Thread
Nath

User status: Offline
18th Jun 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RM recouped the Beckham transfer fee in shirt sales alone after days of him being there.
Nath

18th Jun 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let
i think rooney is over rated and shit

look at him in the world cup, mouthing off being a typical scumbag footballer

people go on about rooney being world class and one of the best strikers ever to live but from what i have seen on the international field is he is shit, cant score and outclassed

dont care about him playing for man u as you are comparing the likes of man u to bham city of course man u will be better as they have more money

Turn it in. Are you an egg chaser?
Russ

18th Jun 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have more money than brazil, i dont see your logic
JonnyJ

18th Jun 11 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yes, I agree it's great business. I just think it relies on people paying too much, which obviously they're happy to do.

I will draw your attention to the fact people paid £40 last weekend so they could sit in a field and walk around an airstrip to look at Vauxhalls.

Im not saying football isnt a rip off, its an absolute disgrace what we charge over here, the average conference game ticket price is around £15 now. Thats £15 for the FIFTH level of English football, its not even a fully professional league.

As for the argument that footballers arent worth the wages, its correct, nobody is worth that kind of money but i do find it interesting as to why footballers get victimised so much when they are miles behind in terms of other sports. Why not have a go at Baseball players? or American Football players? or Golfers? or Actors? The top earners in those earn more than any footballer in the world. People go on about top players on over £100k a week, Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees earns nearly £530k a week.

If the world was perfect then all the top earners in the world would be people who saved lives and furthered the human race but we dont. We live in a world of people who want to be entertained so thats where the money goes. Maybe its not football fans who are stupid but people in general.
Russ

18th Jun 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some people pay £12.50 a year to see some tits
JonnyJ

18th Jun 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
some people pay £12.50 a year to see some tits

Well we would if some cunt would do the right thing and post them.
Russ

18th Jun 11 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MoesTavern

18th Jun 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yes, I agree it's great business. I just think it relies on people paying too much, which obviously they're happy to do.

I will draw your attention to the fact people paid £40 last weekend so they could sit in a field and walk around an airstrip to look at Vauxhalls.

Im not saying football isnt a rip off, its an absolute disgrace what we charge over here, the average conference game ticket price is around £15 now. Thats £15 for the FIFTH level of English football, its not even a fully professional league.

As for the argument that footballers arent worth the wages, its correct, nobody is worth that kind of money but i do find it interesting as to why footballers get victimised so much when they are miles behind in terms of other sports. Why not have a go at Baseball players? or American Football players? or Golfers? or Actors? The top earners in those earn more than any footballer in the world. People go on about top players on over £100k a week, Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees earns nearly £530k a week.

If the world was perfect then all the top earners in the world would be people who saved lives and furthered the human race but we dont. We live in a world of people who want to be entertained so thats where the money goes. Maybe its not football fans who are stupid but people in general.

Indeed, people are singling out footballers like it's a new thing. American atheletes have been earning these kind of salaries since the 80's tbh.
Cavey

18th Jun 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was expecting a Dr Pepper essay on the subject by now, but Jonny did it for us instead
ljames555

18th Jun 11 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe wages above 100k a week gets bit excessive but when you say roughly 50-100 players that are english and who can play at that level then I agree it deserves a nice earner.

Small minority can do that job so there in a position to demand.
Rob_Quads

19th Jun 11 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I know it's a viable business - it's taking place so obviously it works.

Not all clubs are run as businesses, you only need to look at ManC to see this (107% Revenue on wages alone) Even Chelsea still - they have made no where near the money in total they have had invested from Mr Abramovich.

Overpaid - hmm. There are a lot of people that are overpaid.. CEOs that don't actually do anything. MPs that are 'directors' of companies, work a few days a year yet takes home loads of ££ from them. I don't see footballers as any worse than many of them

[Edited on 19-06-2011 by Rob_Quads]
Matt H

19th Jun 11 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wages aside It frustrates me how they roll around pretending to be hurt from the slightest contact. Pathetic.
Ryan

19th Jun 11 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What pisses me of is the cunting premier league and all the dodgy owners making lower leage football worse and worse each season.

They pay higher wages each season and it filters its way down the pyramid. Needs to be a wage cap enforced by UEFA or something, so people cant bitch about the fat scummy scousers going and playing in spain etc etc.
Cavey

19th Jun 11 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are wage caps already in at league 2, the other leagues implementing them this season iirc, and the premiership has limits coming in in a year and a bit, regarsding wages to turnover percentage, so that SHOULD help the wages.

As has been said, they get paid a lot, but it's for a good reason, they generally bring in far more money for their company
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jun 11 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The government could sort it with proper tax on people who have ridiculous lives.
Cavey

19th Jun 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as a football fan I'm against that, the league already misses out on players because they are taxed so much more than the continent.

In fairness a lot of players have charities or donate a lot of money, england players always donate their fee to charity as well.
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jun 11 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The other countries are missing a trick as well.
Russ

19th Jun 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A load of players loophole there way through the tax system anyway
Hammer

19th Jun 11 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are some footballers that are wimps yes, there are some of every other type of sportspeople that are wimps as well.

Far as the wages argument is concerned, would you turn down 100 grand a week to kick a ball through some moral argument? Would you fuck.

The market is there, the money is there and it's the biggest sport in the world for a reason because billions of people enjoy it. They are overpaid for what they do but then so are racing drivers but that's ok if you're into cars.
Tommy L

19th Jun 11 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jonny makes a great point about other sports professionals earnings. I know golf is slightly different as they don't get a wage, they get their earnings through winnings. In 2011 Luke Donald has earnt $3.5m in 2011 which works out at only 36 days work and that's not even taking into account his european earnings and endorsements etc.

As regard to players being wimps, yes in a lot of cases and it has gradually gotten worse but maybe we just notice it more. The play acting needs to stop though, it's disgusting.

[Edited on 19-06-2011 by Tommy L]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Who Thinks Prem Footballers are Wimps Thread 23 database queries in 0.0113711 seconds