corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Top Gear

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Top Gear
Jamie Walby

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 11 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am looking forward to reading how everyone watched it and thought it was shit.

I shall then look forward to reading how the same people then watched it the following week and thought it was shit again.

Repeat.
3CorsaMeal

23rd Jun 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only watch it now so I can understand the internet arguments afterwards
sharpy28

23rd Jun 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love Top Gear couldn't care less if its all scripted its funny!
3CorsaMeal

23rd Jun 11 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the people who don't like it, can't admit that if it was full of the current affordable cars on the market and properly reviewing them, it would be really really boring.

road testing a ford galaxy or showing the different interior options on a reanult laguna.

no thanks
Nath

23rd Jun 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly. Who gives a fuck about that. Go to your local Renault dealer if you're that bothered.
chrisritch

23rd Jun 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nowhere else on tv can you witness a man blend beef and bricks in a V8 food processor. for that reason
N3CRO

23rd Jun 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I am looking forward to reading how everyone watched it and thought it was shit.

Me too
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might be aloud to watch it, since dance on shite isn't on.

I pay for the TV licence, and the telly, how does that work.
Gary
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk

You need to man the fuck up tbh
tom130691
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk

You need to man the fuck up tbh

mother issues not misses ??
Dr Pepper

24th Jun 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i think the people who don't like it, can't admit that if it was full of the current affordable cars on the market and properly reviewing them, it would be really really boring.

road testing a ford galaxy or showing the different interior options on a reanult laguna.

no thanks

Its not the cars thats the issue - its that a once really great motoring programme has descended into a mediocre sketch show - and that Richard Hammond needs putting down.

It would still be good - if they got rid of most of the 'comedy' ... clarkson and may are funny people - they dont needed a load of scripted crap to be watchable. Hammond is beyond help - he needs to be sacked, and put on local radio where he belongs
Gary
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite like Hamster myself.

End of the day 5thGear is the opposite of Top Gear. They reveiw boring cars etc.

No fucker wates it though.

TopGear is an entertainment program based around cars. Not a car reveiw program.

Baskey

24th Jun 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a licence fee payer I would like a car review program from the BBC.

And it dosnt have to be shit cars, just proper un-biased reviews
Gary
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey

Noone gives a fuck about the new Ford Focus Ghia etc. I can see one of those down the road at the dealer. Even take it for a test drive if i like.

I wanna see a huge BHP supercar going sideways.

Dont see shit like that on the A58
Dr Pepper

24th Jun 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Quite like Hamster myself.

End of the day 5thGear is the opposite of Top Gear. They reveiw boring cars etc.

No fucker wates it though.

TopGear is an entertainment program based around cars. Not a car reveiw program.

Has anyone said 5th gear is good? ... its shite

I havnt said I dont want it to be entertaining .... I just dont want to see half an our of bad comedy sketches in the only motoring programme that was worth watching on tv.

Top gear was a conventional review show when it started out - I really liked the 2002 revamp, the track was a really good addition .... now its just gone stupid, they have driven away their core audience(who the show is supposed to be for) because they can make more money on an international scale if they aim it at people who dont even have an interest in cars...that is the only reason Hammond is there - to make money for the bbc becuase he is middle aged womens crumpet.

Dr Pepper

24th Jun 11 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Noone gives a fuck about the new Ford Focus Ghia etc. I can see one of those down the road at the dealer. Even take it for a test drive if i like.

Same dumb arguament every time ..... did he say he wanted to see a Ghia review?

No - no one has said that.

I want to see supercars reviewed - I just want it done properly, by clarkson - without the need for a half hour comedy sketch revolving around a silly challange where you dont actually see much of the car at all - all you see is richards hammonds piss poor attempt at comedy. I dont want to see the three of them pick a car each - 'for comedy'. Just get on with it and review the car - they have an amazing budget, the shooting is epic - just aim the show at petrol heads - not at petrol heads mums and girlfriends who only watch it for the three idiots larking about

We all like the same thing in top gear - I just want more of the good stuff - and less of the moron crap

[Edited on 24-06-2011 by Dr Pepper]
mwg

24th Jun 11 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont watch things that I dont like.
Jamie-C

24th Jun 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
quote:

I want to see supercars reviewed - I just want it done properly, by clarkson - without the need for a half hour comedy sketch revolving around a silly challange where you dont actually see much of the car at all - all you see is richards hammonds piss poor attempt at comedy. I dont want to see the three of them pick a car each - 'for comedy'. Just get on with it and review the car - they have an amazing budget, the shooting is epic - just aim the show at petrol heads - not at petrol heads mums and girlfriends who only watch it for the three idiots larking about

We all like the same thing in top gear - I just want more of the good stuff - and less of the moron crap

Well everything that you don't want to see is in Top Gear, so why do you watch it?

You can all say you want to see cars reviewed properly, but what has that got to do with Top Gear? That isn't what top gear is about.

When some one posts a thread up about a new Family Guy series do you go in there crying that you want to see cars reviewed? No, because that isn't what the show is about, like wise for top gear.
Nath

24th Jun 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Dr Pepper

24th Jun 11 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Ive watched top gear since the late 80's - I like the show. I like Clarkson and may - and have liked many other presenters though the year. I really like the 2002 revamp as well - was great for a couple of seasons.

Then the bbc realised it was making them shit loads of money on the bbc world service - especially in america. So hammond came in and the show has slowly been dumbed down.... to the point where the comedy has now overtaken the actually motoring content of the show. Even the supercar reviews have gone down hill imo.... you see less and less of the actually experiance of driving the car.. and more and more of the 'personalities' doing the driving.

Their are still good episodes - I still want to watch it and want to like it --- but more often than not now I find its got so stupid that I struggle to sit through a whole episode - prefer to watch it on i player so I can just skip through shit like - the celebrity interview, news, the cool wall ect ect.

Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
quote:

Well everything that you don't want to see is in Top Gear, so why do you watch it?

You can all say you want to see cars reviewed properly, but what has that got to do with Top Gear? That isn't what top gear is about.

When some one posts a thread up about a new Family Guy series do you go in there crying that you want to see cars reviewed? No, because that isn't what the show is about, like wise for top gear.
I liked the Family Guy where Peter bought a tank.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Ian W

24th Jun 11 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might watch it, found the last serious just sent me asleep though, pretty boring imo
mwg

24th Jun 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

We are crazy
3CorsaMeal

24th Jun 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 pages, and it hasn't even been on tv yet
taylorboosh

24th Jun 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its great, i wouldnt change a thing

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Top Gear 23 database queries in 0.0175850 seconds