corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Dodgy dealings (FFP)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dodgy dealings (FFP)
mwg

User status: Offline
8th Jul 11 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They still rent it. Not sure how that works, maybe the council get a cut of the money from the naming rights as well as their normal rent?
Terry12

8th Jul 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not heard that, pretty pointless though to buy it as it'd cost more than the sponsorship deal will make. So they'd be no better off on the FFP rules. I heard they pay something like £2-3M rent per year.
Terry12

8th Jul 11 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say the council definitely get a cut the fucking money grabbing cunts. Shouldn't be allowed to sell the rights if they don't own it.
Nath

8th Jul 11 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the Shiekh bought it himself so not as part of the club. Thats what some City fan was saying when I went there in May anyway.
Terry12

8th Jul 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I thought the Shiekh bought it himself so not as part of the club. Thats what some City fan was saying when I went there in May anyway.

Typical Citeh fan chatting shit as usual.
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/business/commercial_property/s/1426167_welcome-to-the-etihad-stadium---manchester-city-set-for-biggest-signing-yet

Still property of Manchester city council. No matter what they call the stadiuM
It will always be known to united fans as the council house or wastelands.

[Edited on 08-07-2011 by Terry12]

[Edited on 08-07-2011 by Terry12]
Nath

8th Jul 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck knows. He was speaking Northern so wasn't really sure what he was going on about anyway.
Terry12

8th Jul 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must of been his Stockport accent you couldn't understand then.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 11 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking hell emirates stadium now this, fucking muslim country
Rick Draper

8th Jul 11 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
How can they sell the right to rename the stadium when they don't even own it???

We struck a deal with MCC.
Terry12

9th Jul 11 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
How can they sell the right to rename the stadium when they don't even own it???

We struck a deal with MCC.

What does Liverpool have to do with this?
Cavey

9th Jul 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're reporting today that it's a £400m deal

I don't think anyone will give a shit if it means Utd if they're getting that amount for it!
Terry12

9th Jul 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

I don't think anyone will give a shit if it means Utd if they're getting that amount for it!

From what the City fans are saying up here the actual stadium deal is worth £150M per season for 10 years. The £400M that Cook the cock is quoting is potential earnings taking into account an improved shirt sponsorship with etihad and them winning the league and champions league.

So if they do win both £40M per season is nothing when they lost £120M last season alone.
What else can they sell? They never had dignity or class so can't hock those lol.
Rick Draper

9th Jul 11 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

From what the City fans are saying up here the actual stadium deal is worth £150M per season for 10 years. The £400M that Cook the cock is quoting is potential earnings taking into account an improved shirt sponsorship with etihad and them winning the league and champions league.

So if they do win both £40M per season is nothing when they lost £120M last season alone.
What else can they sell? They never had dignity or class so can't hock those lol.

Its based on the surrounding area of the stadium as well.
Terry12

9th Jul 11 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Etihad campus you mean? They've already done a lot of work on the land around the stadium. Does development of land cost nothing then? I'm sure it's costing them millions to buy and build on the land.

As usual Garry Cook is over estimating and expecting Citeh to win. Like I said he has included the winning of the league and champions league in those estimated figures. Ask Mr Abromovich if chucking money around guarantees champions league success.
Rick Draper

9th Jul 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

As part of the agreement, Etihad could also put their name to a state-of-the-art new training facility that the club hope to develop on an 80-acre site across from the stadium, plans for which will be put before the public in the next few weeks.

I did have the redevelopment proposals on my pc but they are on my external hard drive.

Here is a quote from the men

quote:

The goals: What is on the way:

Sixth Form Institute - A college for high-school leavers in the area. City’s Academy players would also be pupils. The club will provide top education for 14-19 year olds as part of their plans to develop young players and ‘home grown’ talent. The council will seek government funding.
Sports Science and Sports Medicine facility - A cutting-edge research and treatment facility, with experts from Manchester University and NHS providing support for elite, performance and community athletes. Could link with Blues' plans for world-beating training facilities.
House of Sport - HQ for sports national governing bodies. This is likely to be private-sector funded and could bring job opportunities.
Community pool - A planned leisure hub for Grey Mare Lane, Beswick, would include a swimming pool for residents. Could also be a base for the British water polo team.
Multi-sports facilities - A string of developments including a rugby union club, a high-quality rugby league pitch, and national-standard facilities for lacrosse, badminton and netball, basketball, taekwondo and mountain biking.
Belle Vue sports village - Redevelopment of the site into a multi-sports village and National Speedway Centre. The proposals are being developed with Belle Vue Aces.

Terry12

9th Jul 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it the Council will pay for all this and Citeh reap the rewards like the stadium then
Ben G

9th Jul 11 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Etihad campus you mean? They've already done a lot of work on the land around the stadium. Does development of land cost nothing then? I'm sure it's costing them millions to buy and build on the land.

As usual Garry Cook is over estimating and expecting Citeh to win. Like I said he has included the winning of the league and champions league in those estimated figures. Ask Mr Abromovich if chucking money around guarantees champions league success.

guarantees a premier league win if you ask him though. twice.
Ben G

9th Jul 11 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and man united fans are ones to talk when your club throw money here there and everywhere every summer, but thats ok because it's manchester united.
Terry12

9th Jul 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
and man united fans are ones to talk when your club throw money here there and everywhere every summer, but thats ok because it's manchester united.

Yawn

Terry12

9th Jul 11 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

guarantees a premier league win if you ask him though. twice.

Fuck me, Arsenal have had that on a shoestring. Ask him if he's happy with the haul his millions have bought.
Ben G

9th Jul 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably happy seeing as it's most likely corrupt and dodgy money

love the yawn comment also
Terry12

9th Jul 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
probably happy seeing as it's most likely corrupt and dodgy money

love the yawn comment also

Likely? I'd say definitely corrupt.
Being a United fan you learn to live with being hated, No point arguing is there
mwg

9th Jul 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

when are you numpties going to understand that Man United are spending money they have earnt I dont know how many times this had to be explained recently but people still dont seem to get it
Terry12

9th Jul 11 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

when are you numpties going to understand that Man United are spending money they have earnt I dont know how many times this had to be explained recently but people still dont seem to get it

Don't bite fella, I get this EVERY day from Citeh fans shouting the odds about the money we spent on Veron, Ferdinand, RVN etc etc.

Apart from the Glazer debts United run well making big profit even if we spend £30-40M per season on players.
mwg

9th Jul 11 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it was Ben G we explained this to last time. Must be on the wind up.

Haterz gonna hate.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Dodgy dealings (FFP) 23 database queries in 0.0693631 seconds