corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Waking up in a morning

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Waking up in a morning
AlexSXI

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wake up at 5.45am, Get in van at about 5.57am, arrive at site at 6.50am, tea + biscuits at 6.55am. Work at 7am.
AlunJ

3rd Aug 11 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to find it easy to get up in the morning, I don't any more Used to make a point of getting out of bed the second the alarm went off, turn the water on, breakfast, shower, get dressed, straight to work - doesn't happen anymore
Jed D

3rd Aug 11 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
what do you do to wake you up in the morning? I have a 37 mile drive to work and its getting downright dangerous, cant even remember half of it this morning

I m normally up dressed and out as quick as possible so I thought it was that, but this morning I had my van to load up so I was up 15 mins early and was moving about but still no joy

going to get up early again tomorrow and try having breakfast and a pint of coffee to see if that works

how do you personaly handle mornings?

KIDS

"daddy!! i neeeed a weeeeeeeee" "DADDY!!"

Fro

3rd Aug 11 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up at 4:30 huge glass of water and some toast, pack gym bag iron work clothes then shower and leave house about 5:10 and pass out on the train about 5:30 for an extra hour

Dont actually wake up properly until the gym/sauna about half 6.
MJFF88

3rd Aug 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I handle the mornings amazingly, based on these. When I'm in work for 8, get up at 6:30, eat, shower. Bounce out of bed really. Hadn't struck me until this point that I'm a morning person
Bonney

3rd Aug 11 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6am - Wake up
6:30am - Actually get out of bed, Then twat shin on end of bed and limp to the bathroom swearing all the way, Have a wash then go and get changed. Then head down to get bits and peices ready, Set out for work at about 10 to 7 turning up at work about 7 minutes to 7 (Takes all of 3 minutes to get to work!)

Usually have something when I get to work, Either a flapjack, peice of fruit or a cake bar, Then stay moody as hell for the rest of the day until I get home!
Mike GSi

3rd Aug 11 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alarm one 6:50 Alarm two 70. Stay in bed for 5-10 mins thinking FML then manage to surface. Brush teeth, spray pits, morning wee, get dressed, pack bag leave house at 7:20 to get to work for 7:30.

An early night makes it harder to get up for me which is odd, and i can't eat for a couple of hours after waking up.
Ian W

3rd Aug 11 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought I was bad but I seem ok compared to some people here...

Alarm goes off at 7.00
Up about 7.10
Showered, dressed etc by 7.30 ish.
Something to eat then out the house about 8.

Stuart H

3rd Aug 11 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alarm goes at 5.10am
Up at 5.15am
Brush teeth , clothes on , out the door for 5.20am
At work for 5.25am
VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never used to remember my mornings. Getting up or driving to work. Glad it's not just me!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
mwg

3rd Aug 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6:50 alarm
snooze
7: 00 alarm
snooze
7:10 alarm
lie in bed watching tv for 10 mins
go down to bathroom and have a shit and shower
get dressed
make my lunch
eat breakfast whilst looking at twitter, facebook and SSN apps
out the door by 8 at the latest to get to work for 8:30.

Once I've been in the shower I'm awake. I can't operate properly without having a shower in a morning, I feel disgusting if I don't have a shower even if I've been in the shower the night before.

[Edited on 03-08-2011 by mwg]
A2H GO

3rd Aug 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alarm at 8, out the house for 8:30, work for 9. Sorted.
mwg

3rd Aug 11 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
up at 4:30

excuse me what on earth are you getting up at that time for!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 alarms from 5.20-5.35 (as i tend to turn them off instead of snooze) roll out of bed 5.50ish but can get ready quick as i get my shit ready the night before

out the door 6.20 10min drive to work for 6.30am
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I've got an early start for a drive somewhere I'm up at my first alarm, in the shower, dressed, brew and out. Usually awake by the time I'm done in the shower but then recently an hour or 2 into the drive I start getting tired again, it just comes on suddenly and my eyes start rolling to the point I've got to pull up at the soonest possible point and either try and have a quick kip or get some relentless or something. This morning I was actually at Strensham services trying to have a kip at 8 am after leaving the house at about 5:15. I don't know why it's suddenly started happening but it's becoming a right pain.

On a normal morning I'm useless, have my radio coming on at 8, get out of bed turn it down a bit then get back in bed till someone shouts that the bathroom's empty, usually fall back asleep till they shout again, louder then up, showered, dressed etc. but in that scenario I'm awake after my shower and remain like that all day, just the early starts seem to be playing with my head.
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You all do too much in the morning.

8:55 up
8:56 bathroom & dressed
90 at work.

Well normally after 9 but meh
RS6

3rd Aug 11 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My trouble is i don't go to bed early enough night before end up going to bed round 12am already panicking to late! should of been asleep ages ago!

Get up for 7:20ish feeling a mess, find my self sleeping in till 7:45ish still feeling rough all 3 alarm clocks going mental, then its a mass panic to get ready and leave the house barely any time to eat anything quick shower throw some clothes on lock up etc either end up driving 100mph or cycle about the same to work as don't work far away but still a mad race, get to work feeling broken either dripping in sweat or just Zzzz need a good 15mins to clam down and compose myself start work at 8:30am

end up drinking gallons of water whilst at work to stay away or on the lucozade all day lol sounds bad i know

[Edited on 03-08-2011 by RS6]
Carl

3rd Aug 11 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gentle alarm app was quite decent, plays a pre alarm which is meant to get you out of deep sleep but not wake you up, then when alarm goes off you are awoke from light sleep and don't feel as Shit. The pre alarm was waking girlfriend up so had to stop using it.
Generation

3rd Aug 11 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up at 7. Have breakfast, make lunch for day leave 7.25 Walk to bus stop, day dream on bus. Get of bus, get on train. Day dream, swap to a different train get to work about 8.40am. Sit there for a while trying to contemplate why I do this to my life. Start work, and get on with it
VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Fro
up at 4:30

excuse me what on earth are you getting up at that time for!

Create the morning thread of course!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
T21SVJ

3rd Aug 11 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get up at 7.30 usualy lie in till about 7.40
have a shave and shower
have breakfast at 8 and make some dinner and sit and relax with a brew while watching t.v

set of around 8.25 to get to work for 8.45/8.50

mornings dont really affect me unless ive had less than 8 hours sleep lol
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always used to keep snoozing my alarm then falling back asleep after deciding that was the last snooze and turning alarm off then still falling asleep, then wake up with barely any tiime and be rushing. I now put my alarm at the other side of room so i HAVE to get out of bed to answer it, so i can set the alarm later now so more time actually asleep
Graham88

3rd Aug 11 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I set my alarm for 1pm, wake up slowly, check morning paper (facebook), sometimes get a couple of phone calls from people who know I'll then be awake at that time, then drag myself outta bed, sometimes shower straight away or just sit on computer/xbox, depends if I have stuff to do or not

I love night work! All these posts are the reason I couldn't work days
Hammer

3rd Aug 11 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe folk can even be fucked boiling a kettle at stupid o clock. Even the thought of the noise of it is pissing me off just now
Jamie-C

4th Aug 11 at 03:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get up in the morning

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Waking up in a morning 23 database queries in 0.0164981 seconds