corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Renaultsport Megane 225. anybody own one?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Renaultsport Megane 225. anybody own one?
Nick-S

User status: Offline
6th Aug 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
lovely only thing that stopped me buying one was the driving position
Agreed with standard seats but have you driven one with recaros?

Had my R26 about 11 months now. No problems yet... As already said, brakes and tyres are expensive though.

All in all though its an awesome car. Quick, handles sweetly and amazing brakes. Power delivery is that of a big cc v6 unlike most turbo motors (no lag)

I use to be anti french but its realy changed my view of them. Build quality id no BMW/Audi, but its by no means bad at all. Also not that bad of fule unless you have lead boots. I avrrage 32 to the gallon without much motorway driveing. Ive seen 39 mpg on a long run to fairford and back
Jambo

6th Aug 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The French thing is all Internet. Megane's I drove may have been plasticky but by no means badly built.
Corsa_Sport21

6th Aug 11 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dava.
not a 225,
but i picked up my 175 rs a few week back and cant fault it so far, handling is great, got it booked in for remap so should be interesting once thats done, but for being a derv it surprised me. .

Those dervs must be pretty rare, don't think ive ever seen 1 before tbh.

Nick-S

6th Aug 11 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You be hard pressed to tell the diffrence without looking at the rev counter

[Edited on 06-08-2011 by Nick-S]
dava.

6th Aug 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by dava.
not a 225,
but i picked up my 175 rs a few week back and cant fault it so far, handling is great, got it booked in for remap so should be interesting once thats done, but for being a derv it surprised me. .

Those dervs must be pretty rare, don't think ive ever seen 1 before tbh.

i didn't know they done them in a derv spec until i saw that one for sale, at first i thought it was a normal Megane with all the sport stuff added but a bit of reading later and turns out out they come out the tin looking and spec'd the exact same as the 225 minus the engine,

took it to my mates garage to get it on the rollers and to spec up a re map for me,

standard spec graph -

getting it remapped at end of month if he aint overly busy, reckons it should see over 200 @fly and a good increase in lbs/ft added
cant complain at that being a derv, overall i'am happy with my purchase way i see it is you will hear horror stories about many cars but never really hear the good side to them
A2H GO

6th Aug 11 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd feel a bit concious all the time driving one, with people expecting it to be a sport then driving past sounding like a tractor.
Ash_EP3

7th Aug 11 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, these are an absolute bargain these days... just not a fan of the interior styling
derick-sport

7th Aug 11 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the one i posted up is on 58,000 one owner fsh and is 5,500k. Very fucking tempted and the insurance is only 900 a year FC and im 21 so its ticking all the boxes atm
richc

7th Aug 11 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by derick-sport
the one i posted up is on 58,000 one owner fsh and is 5,500k. Very fucking tempted and the insurance is only 900 a year FC and im 21 so its ticking all the boxes atm

How the fuck did you get that? My f1 was £1800 at 21 (a few months ago)
derick-sport

7th Aug 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have one years no claims thats it. Just a quote through confused.com. 21 living at home 10,000 miles a year my own policy mum and step mum named drivers. happy days
derick-sport

7th Aug 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

500 pound excess mind
Graham88

8th Aug 11 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are so cheap now, same as most hot hatches they're just not worth anything compared to a couple of years back, unfortunately for me as I bought my car before prices plummeted :-(

But I would definetly have one of these cars. I'd want an R26-R but I think you could buy a normal one and do all the Cage/Windows/Stripping out and still have plenty of change to the cost of an R26-R.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Renaultsport Megane 225. anybody own one? 22 database queries in 0.3135111 seconds