corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why do they..

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why do they..
Tom G

User status: Offline
28th Aug 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
also a pint served in a glass is not going to really taste any different then served in a plastic cup, its in the glass/cup for less then what 10/15 mins

It will go flat a lot quicker In a plastic cup due to no dots at the bottom like the pint ones, plus it will go warmer quicker, also costs more.
Kerry

28th Aug 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well hes being charged with ABH and is in court on 12th sept

BarnshaW

28th Aug 11 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
quote:
also a pint served in a glass is not going to really taste any different then served in a plastic cup, its in the glass/cup for less then what 10/15 mins

It will go flat a lot quicker In a plastic cup due to no dots at the bottom like the pint ones, plus it will go warmer quicker, also costs more.

ok so back to my point it will not taste any different, also i dont think plastic cups will cost more then glass? think how many glasses get smashed and have to be replaced?
Tom G

28th Aug 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
quote:

ok so back to my point it will not taste any different, also i dont think plastic cups will cost more then glass? think how many glasses get smashed and have to be replaced?

I thought we we're talking about disposables. I think its the customer who minds more than the pub itself. I have customers who will only have carling In certain glasses or Stella in a fosters glass. Picky fuckers.
SetH

28th Aug 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its one of the most evil things you can do to another human being I think. Sentences should be really tough. Punching someone is one thing but hitting someone with a glass in the face shows that there is something seriously wrong with that human being as that is an intent to cause severe wounding.

Its proper evil, you are either going to badly scar someones face for life or quite easily kill them. Should be treated the same as a knife attack IMHO.
Lynny

28th Aug 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tends to be the local police who provide the polycarbonates rather than the licensed premise itself. This decision is made on rate of attacks like this. Hope your brother is feeling better soon Kerry, hope the twat that did it gets a proper punishment
C2RL R

28th Aug 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it only ABH? pisses me off. I got assaulted about 8 years ago of a lad who hit me round the head with a lump of concrete. Knocked me out and I had to have staples in my head to close up a 2 inch split. The police said they were goin for GBH but after it went to CPS they said it was ABH. he got away with a £500 fine and a few hours community service. Fucker should have been locked up.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Aug 11 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The violence is the issue, not what the drink is served in.

The guy shouldn't be violent and hopefully he'll go to jail for it, and hopefully the victim isn't scarred.

Don't blame anyone else, the guy throwing the glass about is who to blame.
Hammer

28th Aug 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with above. Although I have seen someone get glassed before and it is not pretty in the slightest but the guy would have used whatever came to hand if he was that aggressive.
Russ

28th Aug 11 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree, and prevention is better than cure, but you are always going to get nasty bastards who do this shit unfortunately
harrisp

29th Aug 11 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of pubs near me have started serving drinks in plastic glasses yet are still selling them in glass bottles, a mate of mine got bottled quite badly the other month while stood next to me and that isn't the nicest thing
MatthewR

29th Aug 11 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There seemed to be a massive wave of 'bottling/glassing in Watford not so long ago, I believe its the coulture of the youth today. Kids who think there are hard and cant actually fight throw bottles or glasses IMO
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only ever been given a plastic cup once in one bar in town, and the barmaid almost fell out with me because I was so surprised. Was a Lloyds bar which is probably the most scal place in town.

Otherwise it's completely unheard of.
Jake

29th Aug 11 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the hell are on you about tomg/nicbarnes? those dots on the bottom of pint glasses are only recent.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is different to drink from plastic. Although whenever you get one at a festival or outdoor event, it's probably also watered down.

[Edited on 29-08-2011 by Ian]
Gary
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
what the hell are on you about tomg/nicbarnes? those dots on the bottom of pint glasses are only recent.

Those 'dots' are called a headkeeper, it's an etching on the glass that traps air then releases it to keep your pint lively.

Not a new thing at all, been around years.

We don't use plastic glasses for a couple of reasons. They are expensive and people don't like them. Although things have changed now, you can buy polycarbonate glasses which have headkeepers in and are very strong, they will take the weight of a person standing on them etc.

It's all down to price though, silly money.
Gary
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
It is different to drink from plastic. Although whenever you get one at a festival or outdoor event, it's probably also watered down.

Beer dosent get watered down anymore due to it coming in a sealed container. It is possible but you have to release the co2 out of the keg which can ruin said keg.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 11 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll blame the cup then because I always think it tastes watery and plain.

Gary
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's in a plastic cup (the flimsy ones) it'll taste worse cos it's flat.
Jake

29th Aug 11 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:

in terms of beer getting served in pints it is a recent thing. not once have i heard someone shout out loud "fucking hell what a difference this makes to my pint"
Jed D

29th Aug 11 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to work a bar in a theatre. always served plastic unless you we're drinking at the bar or in the bar room (witch was quite small)
Gary
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:

in terms of beer getting served in pints it is a recent thing. not once have i heard someone shout out loud "fucking hell what a difference this makes to my pint"

It's still not a recent thing. Ale was served in pints before larger. Ale dnt need a headkeeper as it's not 'fizzy' like lager.

Headkeepers are as recent as larger been served on draught.

And yes, it makes a massive difference.
Jake

29th Aug 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only difference it makes is to people that just about scrape together enough money to buy a pint in the first place and make it last a shift.
Gary
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It matters to everyone who actually likes beer and dosent just drink to get pissed as fast as possible.
MarkSport

29th Aug 11 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Round by me they serve in plastic cups depending on the crowd. If its busy, they give out plastic.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why do they.. 22 database queries in 0.0177779 seconds