corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » red saxo vts, how much is it worth??

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author red saxo vts, how much is it worth??
dan-sport

User status: Offline
9th Sep 11 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe
quote:
Originally posted by DAZ1985
Engines are bullet proof even with 100k and even I'm the worse case senario a jp4 is an easy coversion to do. But honestly theirs loads of of them about and as clean as it looks in the pictures, recorded cat C will put alot of people off even though majority of them have had a bump or two at some point, recorded damage won't help sell it.

I've broke many a French car and providing everything sells you will be the + side of a grand quiet easily

grand in breaking it you sure? engines only fetch about 100 to 150

Where have you been looking? They go from around £200 up to around £400 with things like box, loom an ecu
ash-si

10th Sep 11 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It had a re-con rear beam on it in feb. With a 2 year warranty. Have the receipt 2 prove this.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

10th Sep 11 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got £700 for my W plate, had been welded in various places, recon axle & new clutch.
DAZ1985

10th Sep 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm quiet sure of that, it all adds up when you break it down. Break it to a bare shell even full car looms sell from time to time. Bare shell, no wings, doors, boot and bonnet weigh 500kg, so £100 in scrap, then all the other bits
Carl

10th Sep 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a car like that I doubt people would even check if it was a cat c or be arsed, not like its going to be around for another 5 year plus.I'd put it for sale for 850-900 and see if you have any interest.
LeeM

10th Sep 11 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlock the ecu when you remove it and the engine will go for £250+ with loom and ecu. unlocked ecus alone go for about 80
dan-sport

10th Sep 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said in u2u mate just get in touch once you have a price in mind
Haza2dap

10th Sep 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a gsi!!
ash-si

10th Sep 11 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i want mate, a gsi or 172.
wwwNOOBcom

10th Sep 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 52 plate one a few years ago, 30k, 1 owner, full shitroen service history, thing was minted out its tits and couldnt get more then 2k for the thing
ash-si

10th Sep 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prices seem to be around 500 for a shitter and about 1500 for a mint one. depends what your after really
john_c20xe

11th Sep 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan-sport
quote:
quote:
Engines are bullet proof even with 100k and even I'm the worse case senario a jp4 is an easy coversion to do. But honestly theirs loads of of them about and as clean as it looks in the pictures, recorded cat C will put alot of people off even though majority of them have had a bump or two at some point, recorded damage won't help sell it.

I've broke many a French car and providing everything sells you will be the + side of a grand quiet easily

Where have you been looking? They go from around £200 up to around £400 with things like box, loom an ecu

well i have a 106 gti myself so im a member of the 106owners club so yeah i know how much they go for on there!
theres one on there thats done very low milage for 300 with gearbox ect. but for one thats done 100k miles it wont be worth much at all just keep the thing use it as a toy mines done nearly 148k now no point in selling it
ash-si

11th Sep 11 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do want a new car but skint, so its either sell this or break it. bit undecided. but i'll let it go for a resonable price.
AndyCorsaSport

11th Sep 11 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dan-sport
quote:
quote:

well i have a 106 gti myself so im a member of the 106owners club so yeah i know how much they go for on there!
theres one on there thats done very low milage for 300 with gearbox ect. but for one thats done 100k miles it wont be worth much at all just keep the thing use it as a toy mines done nearly 148k now no point in selling it

This is true, engines dont do too much. JP4 (C2 VTS) engine in mine, with 35k was only £250.
DAZ1985

11th Sep 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Break the rest of the car down and you'll get more than you think. Engine is one part of the whole car
ash-si

11th Sep 11 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok guys thanks anyway for the insight, much appreciated.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » red saxo vts, how much is it worth?? 22 database queries in 0.0128059 seconds