corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who's run their car down both Crail and Santa Pod?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who's run their car down both Crail and Santa Pod?
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
30th Sep 11 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Next time i watch 1/4 mile racing im going to stare at the drivers hands. If i see a tattoo they definately work at mcds.

i actually lolled mate
AK

30th Sep 11 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok......

Folk dont seem to read things fully

Santa Pod is a purpose laid smooth track......
Crail is a concrete runway......

Take Joe Average in his average 1.4 Corsa on average Toyo Proxes.

I'm saying he will run quicker at Crail ......than IF he was running at Santa Pod on a day when the track was not 'glued' .... i.e a RWYB day over a proper competition day. Dumming it down further..... Joe Average will find it EASIER to do a better time at Crail.

When it is glued its very grippy if you have warm/decent tyres and power to exploit the grip - i.e you dont just bog down and bunny hop off the line.

Crail can still be grippy if you have any clue how to launch a car (if the track hasnt had oil or coolant dropped all over it - but the same goes for ANY track)

I've done a 1.6 60ft at crail in a car with rock hard suspension - i.e NOT setup for launching well on a 1/4mile

[Edited on 30-09-2011 by AK]
Eddx14xe

30th Sep 11 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf does all this 60ft stuff mean on a drag race. Always read it but never had a clue what it meant/was.
gazza808

30th Sep 11 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The track is glued on rwyb days? I've never been to one at pod where it hasn't yet.
It's not on show days cause most of the cars that run aren't clean and drop debris on the track, so they don't bother with track prep as much.

An 60ft time, is what it says, how long it takes to get to the 60ft mark, and you can compare your launches by comparing the times.
AK

30th Sep 11 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok... change RWYB to show day then.... my point is still an unglued santa pod will be harder to get a better 1/4mile when compared to crail - WHEN using a run of the mill car and setup.
gazza808

30th Sep 11 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I agree.
Run ways seem to have an abrasive sort of surface, well the one I play on does.
But santa pod is still quite sticky, its when water gets involved all hell breaks loose, even abit of condensation and you could spin the whole strip.

[Edited on 30-09-2011 by gazza808]
Jimbothebarbarian

30th Sep 11 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to remember that to get a Chipweb approved time you can ONLY get one at the pod.

True story.
antnee

30th Sep 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my experience, Shakey is quicker than Pod
alan-g-w

1st Oct 11 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
ok......

Folk dont seem to read things fully

Santa Pod is a purpose laid smooth track......
Crail is a concrete runway......

Take Joe Average in his average 1.4 Corsa on average Toyo Proxes.

I'm saying he will run quicker at Crail ......than IF he was running at Santa Pod on a day when the track was not 'glued' .... i.e a RWYB day over a proper competition day. Dumming it down further..... Joe Average will find it EASIER to do a better time at Crail.

When it is glued its very grippy if you have warm/decent tyres and power to exploit the grip - i.e you dont just bog down and bunny hop off the line.

Crail can still be grippy if you have any clue how to launch a car (if the track hasnt had oil or coolant dropped all over it - but the same goes for ANY track)

I've done a 1.6 60ft at crail in a car with rock hard suspension - i.e NOT setup for launching well on a 1/4mile

[Edited on 30-09-2011 by AK]

just remembered to check this

There's no need for you to come in with the patronising, roll-eyes cunt of an attitude that you use in every other thread. You claimed something that I found hard to believe, I stopped talking about it in the other thread so made this one out of sheer interest and to try to find out some real world figures. I still find it hard to believe that if I took the XE to Santa Pod with my rainsport 2s I wouldn't get a better time than at Crail and I'm trying to find out what other people think.

It looks like you've just lost your head up your own arse going by that reply there. The thread was going pretty well and I thought I'd have got some fugures. If you thought it was a dig at you, don't flatter yourself.
AK

1st Oct 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rigghttt....

I thought my reply was a concise break down of my reasoning... the reason you made this thread.

my mistake.

[Edited on 01-10-2011 by AK]
taylorboosh

1st Oct 11 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your a tool as said via u2u
AK

2nd Oct 11 at 04:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who's run their car down both Crail and Santa Pod? 22 database queries in 0.0123739 seconds