corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money budgeting

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Money budgeting
Jed D

User status: Offline
11th Oct 11 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pay day.... SKINT!

our lass is the finance department, id just blow it on shite, shes got her head screwed on unlike me
flybikeslee

11th Oct 11 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

become jewish
Sam
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
become jewish

Jamie Walby

11th Oct 11 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Direct debit to savings accounts.

I need to stop going out drinking! I plan to cut back to one night out a month....... :S
Eddx14xe

11th Oct 11 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually just spend until i have nothing left. This month though ive stuck £500 into an online savings account and im hoping to do this every month so next year a have a hefty deposit for the nissan navara i want. Dont know how long it will last though but i have realised how much money i spend on food and shite after saving that amount this month.
flybikeslee

11th Oct 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got enough savings now for a house depo
Dean_W

11th Oct 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have all my direct debits going out the day after i get paid. Thats rent, council tax, all that crap.

The rest i split into weeks and then keep track on a calender. Not the most high tech but it works for me.
John

11th Oct 11 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just buy stuff and make sure the one the mortgage comes out of has enough in it.
Gareth

11th Oct 11 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should be loaded living at home wait till you've got a mortgage and bills to pay!
Baskey

11th Oct 11 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I give the joint account a set amount each month, my misses then sorts out the mortgage/bills etc with it, then I spend what's left in my account
RichR
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put a lump sum in my house account as soon as I get paid every month to cover mortgage, bills and to act as a savings account for renovations work. Once it goes in the house account, it is for the house, not me so to speak and I never withdraw/spend that money on anything but the house.

The money left in my account goes towards running my car which with fuel etc is about £450 a month, food, drink, going out, holidays etc. Since splitting up with the ex, things have been very tight but I'm managing okay for now
Nath

11th Oct 11 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I plan to cut back to one night out a month....... :S

lol
Tom

11th Oct 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am best off if I move money between accounts. It makes me look at what I have in my proper current acount and try to live within that, but then inevitably come the end of the month I end up transferring money (if I didn't do that I'd be skint within 2 weeks, nailed on).

Leave your bank cards at home if you go out drinking, that's my major downfall!
Nath

11th Oct 11 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

hate that. You go to check your pockets and feel paper 'yes a note!', but then its 'oh shit, a card receipt!'.
Ian W

11th Oct 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
I keep a spreadsheet of my regular outgoings, put in what ive been paid for the month and it works out what I've got left to play with.

Same, best thing I have done!
Tom

11th Oct 11 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
I keep a spreadsheet of my regular outgoings, put in what ive been paid for the month and it works out what I've got left to play with.

Same, best thing I have done!

Same here, it's also handy if you've got more than one account so you can move money around if you have a bill that pops up early or something, I haven't had a bank charge since I did this.
Tom

11th Oct 11 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

hate that. You go to check your pockets and feel paper 'yes a note!', but then its 'oh shit, a card receipt!'.

That's the worst. If i'm out with the missus she's quite good but if i'm not I never take a card with me
Eck
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

You just know it's been a bad one when you go to pick up your jeans in search of your wallet, and they are weighed down with a pocket full of shrapnel
Lawrah
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree'd that internet banking is great for money managing. Im slightly obsessed with it now, and Lloyds do this thing that shows you where yours spunking most of your money, also easy for setting up saving accounts and moving money into it when you feel like it.
Graham88

11th Oct 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as Santander very easy to see Current/Bills/Savings Account & Credit Card, move money between them easily & also view Direct Debits or Standing Orders. Internet banking ftw
mattk

11th Oct 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never really budgeted, Ive just put £13,000 down on a house though. wounded

I lead a simple life, if I can get whammo`d on a weekend Im happy. I dont really have fancy things
antnee

11th Oct 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im shit with money, blew 1k last week and don't have a great deal to show for it.
Danny P

11th Oct 11 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Some people get out a lump sum on payday and use that cash as their 'spending money'. I on the other hand just spend and hope I dont run out

This is what I did when saving to buy a house.

Went to cash point and payday and drew out £x and just used that to live off. Paid for everything in cash and wrote down what i'd spent my money on each month. I found actually being able to see what I was spending helped me cut down on stuff rather than sticking it on the debit card. I'd spent so much more in shops etc on shite I didn't really need just becuase I couldn't see it being spent.

Was hard at first and I often ran out before the end of the month but I was strict with myself and didn't dip into the money in the bank as I knew once i'd moved out that money wouldn't be there to get. Worked wonders as I managed to save a fair few £k up in no time at all.

I still do the same now i've moved out, and sometimes get to the end of the month still having cash left over. I save this in a sperate place and then treat myself to something every few month to something I want which I wouldn't usually get. Sometimes its only a take away but its nice as its almost something for nothing.

Once you get into a routine of not blowing all your cash an being more sensible you'll wonder what you ever used to waste it all on!
Norcy91

11th Oct 11 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
Originally posted by Gareth
You should be loaded living at home wait till you've got a mortgage and bills to pay!

This, hate the people at work that moan they are skint when they are on the same amount/more but live at their parents

I'm not loaded when i'm a first year apprentice! I wish i'd have started this when i was 16 really, not 20.

But yeah i get what you mean, i'd have no chance of being able to afford to pay a mortgage or bills with my current wage.
craig8
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i leave enough in my account that i know i can live on comfortably once all my bills are paid and the rest goes in a savings account

E36 328

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money budgeting 23 database queries in 0.0161388 seconds