corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unemployment

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Unemployment
Sunz

User status: Offline
13th Oct 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think immigrants make up like 1% of the uk work force, so when its 8.1%, getting rid of them isn't going to solve the problem.
Tom G

13th Oct 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
I think immigrants make up like 1% of the uk work force, so when its 8.1%, getting rid of them isn't going to solve the problem.

Well it would reduce the unemployment down to 6% providing the jobs we're then took my the unemployed. I don't think it's the answer, but it's defiantly part of the problem
RichR
Premium Member

13th Oct 11 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
TBH when are people going to wake up and realise that if we shipped half these immigrants out then employment wouldnt be at a 17 year high

This. Are the goverment really that thick that they don't realise that'll sort this problem out or at the very least knock the unemployment list right down on its arse!?

majority of those are doing jobs that British people turn their noses up at and are doing a significantly better job. If you look in any paper in the UK there are dozens and dozens of jobs week in week out, British people expect too much and play the rights game. Seriously pisses me off when people moan there are no jobs about when there are, its just a case of rolling your sleeves up and not necessarily being so 'proud' about what you do.

Unions are as much to blame, bringing the country to its knees when these people need to realise that havign a job in the first place should be appreciated
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th Oct 11 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets not forget the benefits system has helped out.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Oct 11 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good point well made
N3CRO

13th Oct 11 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:
quote:
TBH when are people going to wake up and realise that if we shipped half these immigrants out then employment wouldnt be at a 17 year high

This. Are the goverment really that thick that they don't realise that'll sort this problem out or at the very least knock the unemployment list right down on its arse!?

majority of those are doing jobs that British people turn their noses up at and are doing a significantly better job. If you look in any paper in the UK there are dozens and dozens of jobs week in week out, British people expect too much and play the rights game. Seriously pisses me off when people moan there are no jobs about when there are, its just a case of rolling your sleeves up and not necessarily being so 'proud' about what you do.

Unions are as much to blame, bringing the country to its knees when these people need to realise that havign a job in the first place should be appreciated

I agree, there are some lazy ppls out there. Despite what some ppls think of me on here (ie John), I am not one of them. Yeah, sure I'm in and out of work but I can honestly say out of all the jobs I've had, I've only ever liked one of them, hated the rest with a passion. I'm not one of these ppls that won't go for a job just coz it sounds crap/too easy/too hard/whatever other shite excuses ppls come out with.
John

13th Oct 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your excuses have been terrible in the past tbh.

The fact you don't have a steady job after working in loads of places says there is a problem with you, somewhere would have kept you on if you were even competent at the job.

[Edited on 13-10-2011 by John]
N3CRO

13th Oct 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here we go...
John

13th Oct 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't saying anything about you tbh, since you've brought it up though I can't come to any other conclusion than you are completely useless, which affects everyone who is in work because you are a drain on the system.
mwg

13th Oct 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3CorsaMeal

13th Oct 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your not meant to enjoy work, thats why its called work.

just have to grin and bear it sometimes, i wouldn't quit a job to go and do nothing.

adiohead

13th Oct 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does John look like?
N3CRO

13th Oct 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was obvious that was aimed at me tbh

Also, if I'm that useless, why do I work for the same companies on a regular basis?
If I was useless, I wouldn't be asked back...

[Edited on 13-10-2011 by TheNobleOne]
John

13th Oct 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing was aimed at you until you mentioned my name

Saying there are jobs out there was stating a fact, if you relate that to yourself that's not my problem.
N3CRO

13th Oct 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
your not meant to enjoy work, thats why its called work.

just have to grin and bear it sometimes, i wouldn't quit a job to go and do nothing.

This tbh. If the last place I perm. worked at didn't go under, I would've been working there for 9 years now.
Shite job but good monies.
Ojc

13th Oct 11 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
There are still loads of jobs out there, people are just lazy.

The absolute truth.

Also find workin in the trades people are quoting ridiculous prices and not getting the work, be realistic and keep working.
s4k1b

13th Oct 11 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I agree, there are some lazy ppls out there. Despite what some ppls think of me on here (ie John), I am not one of them. Yeah, sure I'm in and out of work but I can honestly say out of all the jobs I've had, I've only ever liked one of them, hated the rest with a passion. I'm not one of these ppls that won't go for a job just coz it sounds crap/too easy/too hard/whatever other shite excuses ppls come out with.

lots of carribean, east asian people doing care work in nursing homes - that brits just wont do.

lots of polish/slovak folk doing cleaning jobs - that brits again wont do.

immigrants are doing it, and doing it well as they are satisfied with the fact that they have a job. they prob even do it for lesser wages than brits.

british folk thing they are too good for this, and just wont do it. hence why immigrants are being employed.

someone has to do it. people just need to grow up and get on with it. . we cant all sit in board meetings and get a fat wage packet for doing so. its life.
N3CRO

13th Oct 11 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by s4k1b
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

lots of carribean, east asian people doing care work in nursing homes - that brits just wont do.

lots of polish/slovak folk doing cleaning jobs - that brits again wont do.

immigrants are doing it, and doing it well as they are satisfied with the fact that they have a job. they prob even do it for lesser wages than brits.

british folk thing they are too good for this, and just wont do it. hence why immigrants are being employed.

someone has to do it. people just need to grow up and get on with it. . we cant all sit in board meetings and get a fat wage packet for doing so. its life.

Agreed.
Robbo

13th Oct 11 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only thing i disagree with wrt immigrant working is where they deliberately negate/flaunt minimum wage rules in order to undercut registered british businesses

wry immigrant numbers, remember that 95% of immigrants are from either the eu, the commonwealth or countries such as the US where they are 'plugging skill gaps' so to speak. also, it works both ways, i was able to work in ireland with no issues and will be able to do likewise in the US, Australia and France in future.
taylorboosh

13th Oct 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jobs are out there. I fucking hate when people without a job say "im not doing that for 6 quid an hour"

John i also agree people who cant hold down a job or are in and out of work must be shit workers
Ojc

13th Oct 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also graduates have unrealistic expectations of salaries, they won't start at the bottom they feel because they have done some half arsed degree they will instantly be entitled to earn 40k a year and have an Audi A3.

Fuck off lazy cunts, fucking student fucking pricks cunts
Butler

13th Oct 11 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with OJC. I blame the media partially, people have too high standards because of unrealistic aspirations. People used to be proud to be working class, now everyone fucking thinks they are gods gift to the world.
John

13th Oct 11 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think there's anything wrong with aspiring to be better.

You can't (normally) just get straight to where you want to be though.
sc0ott

13th Oct 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That annoys me. I know someone with 2 degrees and all said person ever talks about is their qualifications and what they can do in their graduate job role to get further qualifications, what professional institutes they can join.

Its like ffs shut up nobody cares. Doesnt make you do the job better.

Experience / willing to work hard > qualifications.
p

13th Oct 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Also graduates have unrealistic expectations of salaries, they won't start at the bottom they feel because they have done some half arsed degree they will instantly be entitled to earn 40k a year and have an Audi A3.

Fuck off lazy cunts, fucking student fucking pricks cunts

Not sure that's strictly true.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unemployment 22 database queries in 0.0142791 seconds