corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » You were right... I was wrong [CTR Cleaned and Snapped]

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author You were right... I was wrong [CTR Cleaned and Snapped]
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Oct 11 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Type S I got because I thought I was bored of racing around and just wanted a car with toys... turns out I was wrong

The CTR is a lot of fun, he let me throw it around a bit in the test drive and it just seems so eager to go all the time - this is a post facelift model with LSD too which apparently is a good thing

The ride is a little harsher than my Type S, but there's not much in it tbh!

On a 60 plate this was 13k, and my Type S was 11k a few months ago. Unfortunately I lost a shit load on the Type S in not much time, so I'll be paying for this mistake for a while.

I'm hoping the Type R holds some value a bit more, apparently Honda aren't doing a CTR of the new generation so newer FN2's may be at least a little bit sought after in a year or two when I'll move on.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Eck
Premium Member

31st Oct 11 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£13k brand new is a bargain tbh. Didn't knew the facelift's had an LSD too! That is certainly a good thing. What I love is that you can potter around without being in attack mode, then suddenly drop three or four gears and bring the noise Hate getting caught between gears though Catch me at 55 and you'll get a lead
Kyle T
Premium Member

31st Oct 11 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
£13k brand new is a bargain tbh. Didn't knew the facelift's had an LSD too! That is certainly a good thing. What I love is that you can potter around without being in attack mode, then suddenly drop three or four gears and bring the noise Hate getting caught between gears though Catch me at 55 and you'll get a lead

It's not brand new, 60 plate is a year old with 13k on the clock.

I know what you mean with being caught out of gear, it's amplified on my Type S as I've failed several times to pass someone doing 50mph because I've not gone down far enough

I had imagined the acceleration beyond 5K RPM before the test drive, but it STILL caught me out when I finally put my foot down - it's such an awesome noise too... it's going to be a very expensive addiction I think!

I did a 10mile test drive, most of it cruising at 60mph in traffic with a mile or so of Vtec fun - and got 32mpg over that 10miles, which is much better than I expected. Insurance was also hilarious, Tesco insure my Type S for £70 p/month and wanted £110 for the Type R. Cancelled that policy and went with Direct line for £56 p/month with a much lower excess... awesome

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Eck
Premium Member

31st Oct 11 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a fucking win It really is an expensive habbit unfortunately But an awesome one. This is the only thing that I'm a proper fanboy with
deano87

31st Oct 11 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
youl get bored of this over a marginally longer period of time too

lesson to be learnt no matter what you get you will get bored and want more

THIS. That piece of shit Punto I had was the worst mistake of my life.
Colin

31st Oct 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did they give you trade in on the S?
Kyle T
Premium Member

31st Oct 11 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin

Just under 10k

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
LeeM

31st Oct 11 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only really cost you sa grand then, look at it as the type r costing you 14k
Simon L

31st Oct 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
this is a post facelift model with LSD too which apparently is a good thing

The LSD isn't standard on the facelifts, it's still an option. Think it was a £1500 option.
Kyle T
Premium Member

31st Oct 11 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon L
quote:

The LSD isn't standard on the facelifts, it's still an option. Think it was a £1500 option.

Even better

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Colin

31st Oct 11 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Colin

Just under 10k

Not too bad really I was expecting a raping!!
corsa-sxi

31st Oct 11 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

13k is dead cheap, I bought an 08 plate exactly one year ago for £11.5k, you can pick them up in dealers for less than £10k now, PX id probably be looking at £8k!

LSD came standard on all 10 plates and above IIRC, they also came with ipod dock, HID dipped beams?

32mpg is about right for cruising at 60, but once u start getting into vtec too often, you will see that drop
Simon L

1st Nov 11 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Simon L
quote:

Even better

Did the advert say it had an LSD? or do you think it has one as you thought it came with one?
Simon L

1st Nov 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
LSD came standard on all 10 plates and above IIRC, they also came with ipod dock, HID dipped beams?

iPod dock and HID's yes, but the LSD was an option.
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dealer told me it's an LSD model, so I'm pretty confident that it's got it

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH id i wouldnt believe him, you need to do a burnout outside the dealership to make sure IMO
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When he mentioned that the car came with LSD, I did wonder why he kept talking to an invisible dragon on the back seat.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked her up tonight, and after 40mins of bumper to bumper traffic I finally got on the ring road and let her go a bit - muchos fun, and a very sweet sound

Can't wait to see it in the daylight

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent It's an addictive thing to hammer it in vtec So is taking it up and slightly into, then changing to the next gear
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still adjusting to my shift lights too, and haven't taken it all the way up to the limiter yet... I'm scared of it.

My old Civic had five green dots to show me how economically I was driving, and told me when to shift to use minimal fuel.

I've now got five orange dots and a big red R glaring at me until I give it the beans

29.7MPG so far, I bet I can see the teens before the weekend

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
corsa-sxi

3rd Nov 11 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you check the mats mate?
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Nov 11 at 00:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just take it to the limiter you girl
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Nov 11 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought myself one of those trendy claybar kits today and gave her a first wash...

Washed with some TripleWax shit I had in my cupboard.

Leathered down.

Clayed, (I'm knackered and felt like a right bellend - but it seemed to be working... obligatory dirty claybar photo)

Polished with some AutoGlym stuff I had in my cupboard

Waxed with the Meguires stuff I got with the clay.

A few more imperfections, chips and scratches than I would have liked - but nothing too dramatic. Need to invest in a touch up pen for some peeling near one of the exhuast tips.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
corsa-sxi

6th Nov 11 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paintwork is very bad on this version of CTR unfortunately
Ben G

6th Nov 11 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've never been keen on this shape ctr. it looks far too overdesigned.

but they definitely look best in red, and good job on the clean, looks mint!

also love the bonnet bulge, never noticed that on them before.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » You were right... I was wrong [CTR Cleaned and Snapped] 23 database queries in 0.0187321 seconds