corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » not paying 2 speeding ticket help.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author not paying 2 speeding ticket help.....
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
21st Nov 11 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
A lot is misconceptions about anti-depressants here.

In general someone using their prescribed anti depressants wouldn't be impaired in the slightest, and it should not be an excuse for poor driving.

AD's are not used to 'relax' in most people using them.

Sounds like she needs a break, if she cant concentrate on driving she should stop and seek help.

[Edited on 21-11-2011 by micra_pete]

Oh rubbish.. This thread has talk of her using her condition as an excuse well if her condition is causing her to 'forget' to pay her fine or what ever the argument is then its clearly going to be causing her issues with her driving!

Its all well and good pandering around her until she has a crash and injurs someone.

If I speed, I get a ticket and I pay the fine.. What makes her so special? IF her condition is causing her to speed then dont drive.

Maybe next time I get points I'll tell the courts I needed a really big shit?

[Edited on 21-11-2011 by DaveyLC]
Lynny

21st Nov 11 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
So taking a sedative and then driving is safe yeah? The idea of an AD dug is to relax you, is that really a good thing when you are incontrol of 1 tonne of steel?

Irrelevant of the point of this post, im not commenting on that, anti depressants are perfectly safe to drive on, and aren't necessarily used as a sedative. I was on them for best part of a year (very high doses) and was fine to be a fully operational front line police officer.
DaveyLC

21st Nov 11 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not just the sedative effect its the fact they can make you 'not care'.. which is never good when you are in control of a machine!

Regardless its NO excuse.. And I really do hope if she does use her 'condition' as an excuse that they strip her of her license while she is being 'treated'.

Lynny

21st Nov 11 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never experienced that when I was on them. Just calmed 'mood swings' etc. Less extreme highs and lows, just keep you at a level
Kerry

21st Nov 11 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in that case why has she been caught speeding 3 times
DaveyLC

21st Nov 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you think its fair for her to use her condition as an excuse? and you feel its ok for her to flout the law?

Hell while we're splashing out for the pills and the doctors we might as well go the whole hog with our tax money and swallow the court costs and send her on a nice holiday..
John

21st Nov 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
quote:
So taking a sedative and then driving is safe yeah? The idea of an AD dug is to relax you, is that really a good thing when you are incontrol of 1 tonne of steel?

Irrelevant of the point of this post, im not commenting on that, anti depressants are perfectly safe to drive on, and aren't necessarily used as a sedative. I was on them for best part of a year (very high doses) and was fine to be a fully operational front line police officer.

Forgetting about the rest of the thread, that's completely nuts.

Surely a big part of a being a police officer is keeping a calm head under all circumstances.

Being heavily reliant on anti-depressants suggests that your brain doesn't quite manage to do that
LeeM

21st Nov 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its not just the sedative effect its the fact they can make you 'not care'.. which is never good when you are in control of a machine!

Regardless its NO excuse.. And I really do hope if she does use her 'condition' as an excuse that they strip her of her license while she is being 'treated'.

anti depressants act to slow the absorption of serotonin in your brain. they have no sedative effects or change your inhibitions at all.
LeeM

21st Nov 11 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by the way, im not saying she shouldnt get points etc. just pointing out that anti depressants dont turn you into some kind of spaced out lunatic.
doubt the aim of this thread was to try and find out if she can get away scot free, merely whether she can get away with paying the fines and getting the points or if she should expect further penalty for not paying on time
Kerry

21st Nov 11 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why should anyone get away with anything
Rob_Quads

21st Nov 11 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
She earns good money as she sells new homes with big bonuses.

So why didn't she just pay up when she got the letter?
Scotty_B

21st Nov 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the crime, then pay. Somple as really.
M2RTY

21st Nov 11 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:
She earns good money as she sells new homes with big bonuses.

So why didn't she just pay up when she got the letter?

She forgot, plain and simple. House, custody of child, mortgage because of the divorce etc came first and she thought she had posted them off

Situation isnt an excuse for speeding, but in a court they take into concideration personal circumstances why she forgot to pay up.

Ps- im not on her side at all, just curious on others experiences

[Edited on 21-11-2011 by M2RTY]

[Edited on 21-11-2011 by M2RTY]
M2RTY

21st Nov 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
friend of mine, 38 year old lady....

got caught speeding, 35 in a 30 (residential), took option foir speed awareness course

month later, got caught twice again, 37 in a 30, 40 in a 30. Apparently only got 3 points for each of these, but she paid late by 3 weeks. Now has a court summons for the nonpayment, as they sent the cheques back

opinions on outcome? shes currently going through a divorce and on anti-depresssants as she says theres a lot on her mind, been driving 20 years with clean licence before now

Pretty much guaranteed it'll be £60 fine, £40 CPS Costs, £15 Victim Surcharge and 6 points.

6 points as in the 3 + 3 from the 2 offences, or 6 more?

6 points
stan_the_man

21st Nov 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got done with speeding with a speed gun. Got a ticket there and then.

Afterwards i binned it.

Ignored the reminder.

Ignored the 2nd reminder.

Ignored the summons.

Charges were dropped.

I love Scotland.
baza31

21st Nov 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some Cunts on here, davey do you fully stick to speed limit never going above? Do you never have alot on your plate and if you do, do you stop driving? Everyone goes over 10mph is easily done . Saying you hope she gets fucked in court makes you sound like a cunt . Are you mr perfect
Shell
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Baza whilst I agree with what you're saying, its not a one off, 3 times in 4 weeks suggests her concentration just isn't there and for the time bring, for her own sake, shouldn't be on the road.
DaveyLC

22nd Nov 11 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Some Cunts on here, davey do you fully stick to speed limit never going above? Do you never have alot on your plate and if you do, do you stop driving? Everyone goes over 10mph is easily done . Saying you hope she gets fucked in court makes you sound like a cunt . Are you mr perfect

Of course I dont alway stick to the speed limit but if I take the risk and get caught I will make my case with the NIP, if I still get prosecuted I'll make sure I pay the fine and if was 'too busy' to pay the fine I'll be getting my suit dry cleaned and expecting a massive fine not trying to find excuses.

Otherwise where do you draw the line when being "sympathetic" over crimes? "Oh its not her fault she ran over the child she had something on her mind, Lets let her off this once.."
Nath

22nd Nov 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
She just needs to go in there, appologise, hand over the money and take the punishment, no excuses. Sure she'll get minimum for that

This. 3 times is a bit dumb.
Xs

22nd Nov 11 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offer her a shoulder to cry on and then smash her back doors in.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » not paying 2 speeding ticket help..... 22 database queries in 0.0112250 seconds