corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » question about your car hobby

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author question about your car hobby
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 11 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have a customer keep asking me when I'm getting m exhaust fixed. I knew she wouldn't understand why I'd paid to make it sound like that so I just told her I couldn't afford a new one
vx-scottw
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont get called owt apart from your going to wash it away lol
only thing that my dad think is good if the price of things ar drop dead cheap
JamesMc

3rd Dec 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dad hates it but if i buy anything he insists on helping, mum just hates how low my car is and complains if i even drive over a small rock in the road, sister loves it says it reminds her of a go kart

...but they all sit there and constantly nag me to buy something better and faster the most recent car is Mk.2 Golf gti this is mainly my dad though tbh.

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by JamesMc]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone used to say mine was like a tank, yeah it was loud and I opted out of the EPS, but it had nice, comfier than most, Bilstein suspension and my bucket seats where comfy. Only last week (over a year since the car died) I was getting told how it was the worst vehicle a mate had ever driven, the list of which included some shonkey old vans Still, I loved it
CORSA NUT

3rd Dec 11 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mum tells me to slow down and be careful everytime im even near a car....

Dad just says a car is to use from A to B and should be cheap etc etc....

Wife just rolls her eyes at me constantly I don't blame her though I'm always either looking at/talking about cars in one way or another

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by CORSA NUT]
Kieran
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get that A - B lark all the bloody time lol
micra_pete
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

family (parents / siblings) love it, wife loves in, son loves it, people i work with love it (all car mad).

Costs me too much to keep up................
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 01:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mum doesn't care as long as I'm having fun

Dad doesn't see the point but is happy to help out

Step dads a car nut and understands why but wishes I'd done it to a car that wasn't "just a corsa"

Girlfriend doesn't care as it's my money

Some mate's love it, some don't and rest of the family just think I'm mad

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Daveskater
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get stick at work for having a Corsa, one of the guys says it's a "bad man Corsa" Whenever we go out anywhere and see a Corsa it's always "look Dave! A Corsa!"

I wanted to engine convert my B but mum and dad went mental at that won't work, unsafe blah blah. They don't mind it being noisey and lowered though. Well, they would rather it wasn't quite so loud but know my pay is rubbish and I've been trying to save for ages to get a new exhaust so put up with it how it is now.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Steve
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus likes it and helps me do stuff eg rip the carpets out, held a lower arm once while I hammered out a bush. My mum calls it a tin can, my dad only comments to say washing it again
nick_sri

4th Dec 11 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i used live with rents they wernt to fussed as long as bits of engines etc wernt everywhere.

took mum out day i got my let telling her it was a 1.4 and she shit herself haha
Ellis

4th Dec 11 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just get shite MPG patter from parents and work colleagues.
Matt L

4th Dec 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parents moan if i say im spending anything on the car, used to hate my corsa and hated it even more once i got buckets/stripped the rear only had it a few months like that and started putting it back to standard to sell.

ibiza - they didnt approve of the spacers mainly as when giving them lifts to places the rear archs used to rub the tyres (spacers were far too wide tbh).

hated the fact i spent so much on a weekend car only to sell it 6 months later...

currently getting annoyed as i want to spend money on the leon
Tomnova16
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They encourage it.
But it is my job

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Graeme
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum is all good with it, after all she has a lot of stuff on her drive and her garage.

Missus doesn't mind aslong as it doesn't affect the house saving first.
JordyCarter

4th Dec 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Girlfriend doesnt mind it, hates how i love the car more than her though (In her own words lols)

Parents arnt to sure about it, dad helps me when he can but hates a car being low and says im wasting money. Mam isnt as bad she buys me some bits for it

Rest of family and everyone else dont seem to like it either tbh no idea why lol i think it might be due to certain people struggling with bills and whatnot and im throwing 300 - 400 quid away in 1 day on bits lol
mattk

4th Dec 11 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont spend alot on mine, so they arnt arsed about that, my enjoyment of cars comes from the driving, I will go out most saturdays or sundays in summer and not come home till Ive done 300 miles. mum and dad dont really like that because its half dangerous, girlfriend loves it because on the occasions I take her with me she gets to have a nice dinner in a country pub and gets to look at some nice scenery
kz

4th Dec 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mum facepalm'd yesterday when I told her I shall once again, be lowering my new car. She doesn't understand why I'd want to make my car 'worse'
Graham88

4th Dec 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mum & Dad don't really care, they have no idea about cars apart from the fact that's it's the same colour as my old one. I put a new set of wheels that were white instead of black and it took them about a month to notice

Girlfriend is into cars she has a Cooper S so doesn't care either, she just wants me to spend some money modding hers too

People at work are the worse, always getting digs cause of uploading pics to Facebook etc, I've given up on them
philip2

4th Dec 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have own place and a big workshop so rents cant say anything.....even though i think the fact ive got new pistons, rods and crank for evo now in my kitchen cupboards my mum has seen arse...after saying i wouldnt mess with the evo haha
Steve
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People at work are just fucking weirdos tbh
Jamie-C

4th Dec 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad doesn't mind, he helps me doing a lot of things on it and tells me what I should do next. And my mum thinks its cool
harrisp

4th Dec 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mum has no interest, just comments on the colour of new cars I've been looking at.

Dad shows a bit of interest more so when I had a 4x4 and went offroading as thats more his thing than modified cars.

Missus likes all my cars and enjoys just being a passenger if we go out (similar sort of thing to mattk) but also enjoys driving her own car/posing with the roof down

[Edited on 04-12-2011 by harrisp]
RCoughtrie

4th Dec 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mum gets it my hobby

Dad just doesnt get it at all on every car with every mod its always the same reply "You wont get your money back when you come to sell it so its pointless" or just a sarcastic remark for e.g when i changed the Comp MO's on C5RSA to white said "now everyone will think the circus is in town because it looks like a clown car" needless to say it annoys the fuck clean out me hence why i put his window wipers up everytime im down at their house and hate all ford mondeo's just becasue he owns one

Misses is cool, just hates car parts sitting every where lol

[Edited on 04-12-2011 by RCoughtrie]
Joey 1.6 sport

4th Dec 11 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad loves it too

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » question about your car hobby 23 database queries in 0.0169680 seconds