corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sisters just had an accident in my car.. help?! (now pic of the clio)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sisters just had an accident in my car.. help?! (now pic of the clio)
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
9th Dec 11 at 00:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not necessarily, if the policy continues the premium should stand.

Only if they write it off is the policy terminated but most insurers I've ever dealt with in that type of situation will take that in to account when they're going back on cover.
Jay

User status: Offline
9th Dec 11 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
How bad is the back of the Fiesta?

Its just a rear bumper, no damage to the front of the fiesta, number plates not even cracked, the 106 didnt move when he went into it
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 11 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully the insurers will see sense and throw it out.
Jay

9th Dec 11 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Not necessarily, if the policy continues the premium should stand.

Only if they write it off is the policy terminated but most insurers I've ever dealt with in that type of situation will take that in to account when they're going back on cover.

Oh thats a bit of good news, only thought this as its just happened to my mums mate but her car was wrote off.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 11 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See how much they discounted it when she bought a new policy, depends on the insurer but it should be sensible.
Jay

9th Dec 11 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one, will keep you in the loop of whats going on... fingers crossed!
daymoon
Premium Member

9th Dec 11 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fix the clio and say there was no accident (:
Eddx14xe

9th Dec 11 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there is no damage to the 106, you and the fiesta driver could just say she wasnt there. If there is no damage to the front of his car, then she cant say he went into the back of her.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 11 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Largely depends what the Police say. I've had to pay up in the past when some cock in a Picasso worth about a pound got in my way and Police ganged up on the nasty man in the muddy Land Rover.

[Edited on 09-12-2011 by Ian]
Jay

9th Dec 11 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah statements have been given to the police from all 3 cars, 106 driver Is the one who rang the police, even the fiesta driver said there was no need to involve the police.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 11 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dollar signs.
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Dec 11 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also from pics looks like that bonnet would repair fine, bumper and grill would be ok and can get a light dirt cheap. Off eBay or a non genuine.
Jay

9th Dec 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Also from pics looks like that bonnet would repair fine, bumper and grill would be ok and can get a light dirt cheap. Off eBay or a non genuine.

Yeah I bought two headlights for my 172 when the xenons kept breaking for £30 from a local scrappy, just had a proper look the bumper seems ok, the grills fine, the bonnets got a bad crease in it gonna just bend it back and leave it damaged for now until I find one in the same colour and get a new crash bar thingy cause its bent
sc0ott

9th Dec 11 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
The person your sister hit will claim off your sister and the car infront of the one infront will claim off the car your sister hit

Really? I had a similar accident but i was the car in the middle. Car hit me whilst stationary and i hit the car in front.

Both claimed off the first guys insurance, and i got my ncb at the end of my policy
taylorboosh

9th Dec 11 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the fiesta lad should deny hitting the 106
Anty
Premium Member

10th Dec 11 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
Women Drivers

well have you seen the go compare advert..

Stone age , women driving

[Edited on 10-12-2011 by Anty]
Ben G

11th Dec 11 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you know the 106 has no damage? did you check the boot floor or rear panel behind the bumper?

main reason i ask is because bumpers flex, metal creases.
CorsaSi

11th Dec 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if this has already been answered but official answer...

your sisters at fault

car she hit will claim off her/you

car that was hit following will also claim of her/you pending on how many "bumps" the car in front felt.

multiple car accidents where people get shunted are a pain in the arse.

sorry to hear though
Twitch

11th Dec 11 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds to me like the 106 driver probably did it so that she could claim if she is the one that caused it. Not the first time lets face it
Jay

13th Dec 11 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stated that the 106 had no damage because she was barely touched, the fiesta driver said he doesnt even think he hit her, just kissed the back end of the car, theres not a mark on the front of the Fiesta, number plate isnt even broke, 106 driver recently contacted and said that a garage has inspected her car and there is no damage but shes off work, due to a pain in her neck and spine and is going to be going through the insurance for loss of earnings... Sister took the brunt and went to work the same day and the next. Joke.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if she is on stat sick pay i think its just the first 3 days unpaid, which is all the insurance will pay for

can you not write a nice email or make a telephone call and just say, at the end of the day its up to her and you can fully see why she wants to go through the insurance, but explain that it will be a massive financial impact on yourselves, and that if she was kind enough would she let you reimburse her lost unpaid sick days yourselves
JM_16v

13th Dec 11 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

makes me sick the people just see ££££

i had 4 months of physio when someone hit the back of my mini. had no days off work and any time i had to leave early i made up.
adiohead

13th Dec 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She's after the £1k-£2k whiplash claim.
3CorsaMeal

13th Dec 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcuking
Jonny.K

13th Dec 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted :O get in contact with the fiesta owner n ask if hed like the honors of slappin the 106 or if its up for grabs for you

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sisters just had an accident in my car.. help?! (now pic of the clio) 22 database queries in 0.3970790 seconds