corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Another work one.... Time off Sick...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another work one.... Time off Sick...
Eddx14xe

User status: Offline
21st Dec 11 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only ever remember having 1 day off in the last 3/4 years of working.
BeetleGav

21st Dec 11 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 day off in 4years and i got a bollocking for it! wankers!
sxibeast

21st Dec 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in the public sector, and finally last week some guy got the sack for being off ill so much.

He would generally try and work 1 at most 2 days a week then take the rest off. He was caught shopping on days he was supposedly ill, and made a point of not controling his diabetes so days he did actually work, he would have to leave early as he wasnt feeling well. He was a waste of space, cash and a twat anyway so glad he is gone!
fazza

21st Dec 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
1 lot in october of 2 days due to man flu.

you took 2 days off for a cold
JaffaTB

21st Dec 11 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

31 days off this year, 22 fully paid didnt get paid for the others as i couldnt be arsed to ring in sick so just stayed in bed

we have that shitty bradford score at our place and are supposed to go in the office with the boss when you hit 50 points, my total for 6 months was 980 points
Ben G

21st Dec 11 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
1 lot in october of 2 days due to man flu.

you took 2 days off for a cold

if you think a cold includes having your head down a toilet throwing up your dinner, then yes

obviously couldn't go into work because of that.
Gareth

21st Dec 11 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 days in 6 years for me.
Ben J

21st Dec 11 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not been off this sick this year. But tbh if I was ill I'd just work from home!

[Edited on 21-12-2011 by Ben J]
Chris C

21st Dec 11 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had two weeks off at the beginning of the year for an operation that I had to have due to an injury at work that was fully paid for, then office duties for 5 months. Apart from that I've maybe had 2 days off in the last 2years.
James

21st Dec 11 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can easily work from home if I'm ill. But I think there was one occasion where I literally could barely get out of bed so I took a sick day. So one day. My boss is so laid back I can easily take the odd day where I work from home if I feel rough.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had 1 day off in 7 years at my last place. Had 1 afternoon off sick at Lemass

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Jules S
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I can easily work from home if I'm ill. But I think there was one occasion where I literally could barely get out of bed so I took a sick day. So one day. My boss is so laid back I can easily take the odd day where I work from home if I feel rough.

40+ days off sick here....plus hospital visits.

I'm now banned from working at home, if I wasn't it would be nearly zero sick leave.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know someone who in his job had a thing going with his workmates they had a sick rota going, and they would plan who would be of sick where

i have had two occasions in about ten years. few days each so about 7 days total
Fro

22nd Dec 11 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's frowned upon if we go to work with something contagious as it spreads like mad within the office/building.

1 person came in with some sickness shit and wiped out half the dept for the week.
AndyKent

22nd Dec 11 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Play it sensible at our place. If you're ill they don't want you there, if you're not everyone is a close enough group not to pull a sickie.

Think I've had 7 days in 7 years (4 days in a row after an operation, 3 for cold/flu)

[Edited on 22-12-2011 by AndyKent]
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm the only person in work who hasn't had a day's sick leave this year but then I've not had one since I started here. I just bring in my germs and infect everyone else
Conway563

22nd Dec 11 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had 1 day off in April for a migraine. Can't see properly when I get them so didn't fancy driving and got told I couldn't work from home that day for some reason

1 day at the start of this month for food poisoning which for some reason has been recorded as a problem with my heart/circulation

[Edited on 22-12-2011 by Conway563]
Ste M

22nd Dec 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Past 8 years I've had literally 1 day off. Well, partial. Went into work with no sleep and literally worried myself sick because I though I had developed tinnitus lol. Scared the hell out of me.

Then there was when I caught chicken pox from some twat at work when I was 23. First time too. Week off, compulsary for obvious reasons.
Robbo

22nd Dec 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
31 days off this year, 22 fully paid didnt get paid for the others as i couldnt be arsed to ring in sick so just stayed in bed

we have that shitty bradford score at our place and are supposed to go in the office with the boss when you hit 50 points, my total for 6 months was 980 points
thats really not something to proud of you tool
Robbo

22nd Dec 11 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
I've not been off this sick this year. But tbh if I was ill I'd just work from home!
Unless I was literally stuck in bed, I would just do the same

I took a fair few sickies during my first 5 years of working, although had a few days with flu or 24hr bug thing but honestly cant ever remember a time since i joined vodafone 5 years ago :/ possibly because of having a laptop and thus doign the above even if i were ill
Robbo

22nd Dec 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
It's frowned upon if we go to work with something contagious as it spreads like mad within the office/building.

1 person came in with some sickness shit and wiped out half the dept for the week.
used to have that when i worked in a small firm, was lush lol

if we have somehting contagious here, we are suppsoed to wfh but when youre in london on the tube or bsues etc, its impossible not to be exposed so msot people dont bother lol
jr

22nd Dec 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

none in 2.5 years here
Robbo

22nd Dec 11 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be some upcoming jimbo when i come and break your legs for dissin the van man

Phillips_91

22nd Dec 11 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only had one day off in 1.5 years at current place, and even then i tried to come in, threw up getting in the car, drove to work, got there kept having to run to throw up, eventually the boss sent me home, even now i'm ill, can barely stand up and i'm still here, i hate having time off for being ill
JM_16v

22nd Dec 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had a few, one after a car accident and one after an operation on my eye so i couldnt drive.

Both days i jsut worked at home as i have a company laptop so i technically havent had any.

where i used to work there used to be a points system

(number of occurances x number of occurances) x total number of days

it was a business model that assumed it was more damaging for a company for people to take frequent sick days rather than one long period. used to be able to play with it knowing what you could get away with before even be asked.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Another work one.... Time off Sick... 23 database queries in 0.0155420 seconds