corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The electronic device ban on takeoff and landing.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The electronic device ban on takeoff and landing.
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Dec 11 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur gay
Beato

27th Dec 11 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not read the article, but the reason devices need to be off is so you don't have any distractions. And the window blinds need to be up so your eyes are adjusted to the light, hence why they dim the lights.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 11 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you can still read magazines
Rick Draper

27th Dec 11 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Beato
Not read the article, but the reason devices need to be off is so you don't have any distractions. And the window blinds need to be up so your eyes are adjusted to the light, hence why they dim the lights.

Window blinds don't need to be up for take off or landing. Also the FAA permit US airlines you to use phones etc as soon as the aircraft has landed. Its a CAA regulation that stops it with UK airlines.
Beato

27th Dec 11 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every flight I have been on the blinds need to be up. Once the aircraft has landed you are safe as it were.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 11 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about people that are dozing off on take off, they dont get woken up.

Trying to keep you alert is not the reason
Rick Draper

27th Dec 11 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Beato
Every flight I have been on the blinds need to be up. Once the aircraft has landed you are safe as it were.

Its not a regulation, the only regulation regarding window blinds is that any blind at a emergency exit/door must be open for takeoff and landing.
Beato

27th Dec 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont you know the under carriage won't deploy without all the blinds up!
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Dec 11 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think they should ban everything and make people sit in silence. Most annoying thing for me on flights is other people pissing about with electronic devices.
Beato

27th Dec 11 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I flew into Afghan the only light to be seen was the glow in the dark strips on the floor and they drop altitude fast, that's an experience.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 11 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc they also drop altitude quick at birmingham something to do with having to do a fast descent to reduce noise emissions for locals
Jambo

27th Dec 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it really matter? Its only a few minutes.

More importantly BUTLER

How?!
oceansoul

27th Dec 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I accidentally left my phone on in a plane this year. I'm still alive.
Butler

27th Dec 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Does it really matter? Its only a few minutes.

More importantly BUTLER

How?!

The crew were offering tours for a cost, all the money went to the maintenence fund so I didnt mind much. They had some stories too!

It was a matter of coincidence that we were in the cockpit when they went over!
Jambo

27th Dec 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it Sally B?
Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 11 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it was Sally Williams
Butler

27th Dec 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha yeah it was Sally B
Ste
Premium Member

27th Dec 11 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's to do with with interference of radio comms.

Ever had your mobile near the car radio and herd the blip-blipping noise. Well it affects the radios on an aircraft the same. there are antennae all over the airframe so 300 mobile phones will cause interference. I've heard it doing radio checks on aircraft while my phone has been in my pocket.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Dec 11 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xphxPPQXJKw
Ojc

28th Dec 11 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
No it was Sally Williams

richc

28th Dec 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Ever had your mobile near the car radio and herd the blip-blipping noise. Well it affects the radios on an aircraft the same. there are antennae all over the airframe so 300 mobile phones will cause interference. I've heard it doing radio checks on aircraft while my phone has been in my pocket.

I have a friend who does the same job as you (remember your posts in the past), and he said they dont interfear due to the high frequency of the plains and its a load of bollocks?
Tiger

28th Dec 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
iirc they also drop altitude quick at birmingham something to do with having to do a fast descent to reduce noise emissions for locals

I live a few miles from Birmingham airport, if the planes are landing from the east they don't descend quickly but they possibly would from the west as that flight path is over a more built up area.

I'm pretty much due east of the runway.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Dec 11 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure came back from spain once landed at birmingha,m felt like we were coming down vertical asked about it and thats when they told me that
Ste
Premium Member

28th Dec 11 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by Ste

I have a friend who does the same job as you (remember your posts in the past), and he said they dont interfear due to the high frequency of the plains and its a load of bollocks?

Well, they do. A mobile uses the gigahertz frequencies and the aircraft use megahertz, so for a start, your mate is wrong! Aircraft frequencies are either side of the radio frequencies in your car, from as low as 50MHz up to 300MHz. And, I've heard it myself doing radio checks and a Harrier whilst my phone was on me.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
ed

28th Dec 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've made loads of phone calls, sent loads of text messages and gone on the web loads while flying along. Problem is you don't get lot of signal when you're much further about 2000ft.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The electronic device ban on takeoff and landing. 23 database queries in 0.0131941 seconds