corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » leaving uni

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author leaving uni
Cardiac Kid

User status: Offline
19th Jan 12 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a "should I quit?" moment in my second year, but I had another three years to succeed it, so I was like "I'm not even 2/5's of the way through it yet", but funnily enough, third year onwards became easier and more interesting.

Just stick at it then. Enter another course at graduate level later on?
LeeM

20th Jan 12 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Grufman
quote:
Originally posted by Cardiac Kid
Which access course are you taking, Grufman?

Being Northern Irish I just want out of this shithole that's why I've applied to you mainland fuckers uni's

http://www.serc.ac.uk/COURSES/COURSEFINDER/Pages/view_accesstouni_course.aspx?aoscode=71346

[Edited on 19-01-2012 by Grufman]

Got loads of you fuckers here too be prepared to have the piss taken out of you constantly, all the Irish here are affectionately referred to as some kind of terrorist bomber
tom130691
Premium Member

20th Jan 12 at 01:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan295
quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
nothing other than motorsport really interests me, and thats a dieing trade imo

join motorsport with me and antee then stop pissing about!!
Dan295

20th Jan 12 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh thats a double face palm. firstly for doing a degree that your not interested in, secondly as motorsport is a 'dieing trade'
Rob B

20th Jan 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan295
quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
nothing other than motorsport really interests me, and thats a dieing trade imo

Go and do Motorsport Engineering at University if that's your interest.

Believe me it's not what you think it's like looking from the outside in though.

[Edited on 20-01-2012 by Rob B]
3CorsaMeal

20th Jan 12 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I blame pow for this, with his bendy line graphs, he made you feel stupid imo
FAZ
Premium Member

20th Jan 12 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i say dieing motorsport trade as people have less disposable cash and the sheer cost of it [/evo]

Fad

20th Jan 12 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh motorsport is more accessable now than it has ever been IMO

With regards to leaving uni...if it doesnt motivate you and you are struggling it is clearly not the right path for you.

Perhaps look to do something vocational so with a bit of a mix of work and study then you get the valuable experience you need whilst working towards an accredited qualification. Also dont think you are running out of time, I went back to uni at 25 despite everyone telling me it was a waste of time and 3 and bit years on I am now in a job I actually enjoy and dont have to drag my heels to every day. I'd recomend the vocational route to everyone as its less of a financial burden too.

As stated here if you are motivated and know what you want university isnt the end and be all.

[Edited on 20-01-2012 by Fad]
LeeM

20th Jan 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i started uni at 24
Tom

20th Jan 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
no i say dieing motorsport trade as people have less disposable cash and the sheer cost of it [/evo]

dying?
Rob E

20th Jan 12 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What course are you doing now Neil? I'm on motorsport and agree with Rob B; its nothing like I expected but I have still enjoyed even though its so damn hard sometimes. In my Uni, automotive and motorsport courses are run together, in the same class learning exactly the same thing.
LeeM

20th Jan 12 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
What course are you doing now Neil? I'm on motorsport and agree with Rob B; its nothing like I expected but I have still enjoyed even though its so damn hard sometimes. In my Uni, automotive and motorsport courses are run together, in the same class learning exactly the same thing.

one module different isnt it? thats what most unis told me when i was looking at doin it. changed my mind to mechanical in the end, broader job opportunities
Rob E

20th Jan 12 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only difference I have seen so far has been with our final year project. The course director told us those doing the motorsport degree program must include more motorsport based references/technical papers than if you are doing the automotive degree and vice versa. However, my project supervisor was quick to dismiss this theory and told me my referencing has been fine even if most of it is from automotive sources and not motorsport sources
Cardiac Kid

20th Jan 12 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could always go for medicine, biochemistry/bio science or dentistry...
FAZ
Premium Member

20th Jan 12 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by FAZ

dying? [/quote

yea that
tom130691
Premium Member

20th Jan 12 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most people go from motorsport in to automotive design places anyway fuck planes

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » leaving uni 22 database queries in 0.0062652 seconds