corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New MOT certificate - plain paper 'receipts'

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New MOT certificate - plain paper 'receipts'
Phoenix Autosport

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they are only going to give me what looks like a photocopy of an MOT certificate to save them some money i might post them a photo of my car to MOT next year to save me a bit of money and hassle as well
Sean

23rd Jan 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been in since around October time, bit stupid tbh one good thing about them is they put the advisorys on the pass sheet so you can't just chuck the advisory sheet away when selling a car
DaveyLC

23rd Jan 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix Autosport
if they are only going to give me what looks like a photocopy of an MOT certificate to save them some money i might post them a photo of my car to MOT next year to save me a bit of money and hassle as well

The certificate is worthless these days though as its all on computer so the point is if its worthless why bother producing something fancy?
ed

24th Jan 12 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you verify the validity of the MOT online now anyway? Gave mine a double take when I was given a plain piece of paper a while back, but the guy explained it all to me.
DaveyLC

24th Jan 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah.. They want you to go online and check its valid, they also give you all of the previous mileages too so you can check if its been clocked.
Fonz
Premium Member

24th Jan 12 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but in the old green-orange-red system the green sheet indicated with a "yes" "no" in a box if advisories had been added.

besides, if the advisory is there then that is it, an advirsory. not enough to fail but something to consdier, so it will show up at the next MOT anyway!
Liam-Wilko

24th Jan 12 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were do you go to check the mot is valid
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jan 12 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you shouldnt even need any paper anything in this day and age, its all online if you want to check it look on there, they need to make it easier to get the info too, eg just inputting the reg and not having the have v5 numbers etc
ed

24th Jan 12 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've got to have a bit of data protection though, can't just be leaving information lying about accessible just by the numberplate.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jan 12 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there any sensitive data with regards to mots? pass/fail/advisories cant see what needs protecting
Liam-Wilko

24th Jan 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECSID-Internet-Status-Request.jsp there is the link to check need more than just reg of car
DaveyLC

24th Jan 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
You've got to have a bit of data protection though, can't just be leaving information lying about accessible just by the numberplate.

You need reg number and MOT test number.. Whats sensitive about that?
ed

24th Jan 12 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just commenting on what Steve said in his post above mine.
ed

24th Jan 12 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
is there any sensitive data with regards to mots? pass/fail/advisories cant see what needs protecting

Thought you were talking about more stuff than just MOT test data. Maybe in an ideal world there could be a website that tells you the tax, insurance and MOT status of a car just from the numberplate all in one place, with the option to access more data if needs be. Would be useful when buying and selling cars, and perhaps if someone drove into you or after an accident?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jan 12 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds like if they are now just handing out what are essentially mot "receipts" that its whats really needed

[Edited on 24-01-2012 by Steve]
DaveyLC

24th Jan 12 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Thought you were talking about more stuff than just MOT test data. Maybe in an ideal world there could be a website that tells you the tax, insurance and MOT status of a car just from the numberplate all in one place, with the option to access more data if needs be. Would be useful when buying and selling cars, and perhaps if someone drove into you or after an accident?

http://www.askmid.co.uk

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New MOT certificate - plain paper 'receipts' 22 database queries in 0.3152280 seconds