corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Benefit caps and families - What planet are these people on?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Benefit caps and families - What planet are these people on?
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
1st Feb 12 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by James
They should introduce a system where they give you "Benefits supermarket credit" instead of outright cash. Then make sure it doesn't cover things like cigarettes and alcohol.

I will submit my proposal to Mr Cameron.

Nah I think they should all get a 'debit card' with restrictions.

All joking and "carrying on" aside the two above ideas are fucking genius IMHO and if that kind of thing was brought in it would be a way of curbing these fag smoking beer guzzling wankers.

Top ideas

I have it all planned out, benefits would be paid into a special account with restrictions which would basically be on where proportions of the money can be spent and there would be a limited amount that could be withdrawn as cash from a cash-point.
Nath

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
limited mobile phone allowance (something like £20 a month)

No mobile phone allowance, a mobile is a luxury no matter how many people have them now.

£20 a month can get you a decent phone and contract.

Plus if you dont work you'll be in all day so just sit by the house phone!
James

It wouldn't be that hard to implement either. Just draw up a list of companies that are eligible to accept the "benefits debit card" (e.g. utility companies, local councils, supermarkets). Then work out which can accept it for anything and which ones can accept it for a subset of items (e.g. supermarkets, no cigarettes/alcohol). Then send them out to the people that need them and change from sending them cash/cheque to loading up their card.

The hardest bit would be getting supermarkets to implement a system that limits the stuff you can buy on one.

I'll run the idea past Paul_J's dad.
andy1868

1st Feb 12 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the States they had/have food stamps and i think it should be the same over here. Not cash, just tokens you can exchange for food. Same for rent, everything. Talking strictly from things i've seen on tv the stigma of being on food stamps needs to be the associated with being a doley, but it simply isn't the case.

The other thing that blows my mind is the giving the people rent money, i know of 1 girl personally that was on benefits etc and was given about £400 a month for the rent. Instead of paying the landlord the rent she spent it on whatever the fuck she wanted, then acted surprised when the landlord was throwing her out

On the other side of the story, a good friend of mine's brother was refused any sort of help when his MS rendered him no longer able to work. And this is the problem that grinds my gears, a genuine bloke with a seriously debilitating disease can't catch a break but these fuckers with 70 kids who simply aren't willing to work are getting 35k a year and living the high life. I know there must be more to it than that but really, who is making these decisions? Needs a overhaul IMO
James

1st Feb 12 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I have it all planned out, benefits would be paid into a special account with restrictions which would basically be on where proportions of the money can be spent and there would be a limited amount that could be withdrawn as cash from a cash-point.

I wouldn't even bother saying what proportions they can spend where. If they want to spend hundreds on food then they can go without gas and electric for a month

I also wouldn't let them draw out cash. They would just have to get a part-time job if they wanted any luxuries.

Stuff like replacing white goods would require a special request to the company that run the system so that they allow a one-off purchase at somewhere like Currys.
DaveyLC

1st Feb 12 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I wouldn't even bother saying what proportions they can spend where. If they want to spend hundreds on food then they can go without gas and electric for a month

I also wouldn't let them draw out cash. They would just have to get a part-time job if they wanted any luxuries.

Stuff like replacing white goods would require a special request to the company that run the system so that they allow a one-off purchase at somewhere like Currys.

More thinking about restricting the expenditure on things that arent required.. Its not fair for a familly to be blowing money on rubbish and then feeding their kids shit.
sc0ott

1st Feb 12 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should be putting caps on how much babies can be shat out like what they do in china. That will solve everything.
Sam
Premium Member

1st Feb 12 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my ex school friends used to live with someone that has 6 kids (most of those kids are theirs).

He *occasionally* worked, she's on benefits. She cheated on him apparently and they split up, I found out yesterday that she is now expecting child #7 and has a new boyfriend - who also looks like the work-shy sort.

A2H GO

1st Feb 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get why the're limiting it to £26k per year.

It shouldn't take anyone a year to get a job.

The government talk about this as a long term thing, it should only be a stop gap while people move from one job to another (unless you're genuinely disabled).
AndyKent

1st Feb 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did £26k come from? Is that supposed to be the average national wage?

If so, why should you get average wage for doing nothing - wheres the encouragement to get a job?
Nath

1st Feb 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Where did £26k come from? Is that supposed to be the average national wage?

If so, why should you get average wage for doing nothing - wheres the encouragement to get a job?

My mate is out of work, and unless he gets a job earning about £8 an hour he'd actually be worse off!! Ridiculous scenario, shouldn't ever be like that.
taylorboosh

1st Feb 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is..

Pensioners, disabled people and the people who want to work but struggle to hold down jobs or are on a low wage get totally shafted by the system..

The people that bang out kids shouldn't be getting huge sums of money but likewise the kids shouldn't me made to suffer... Where do you draw the line?

jibjob

1st Feb 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still not sure how the hell these people get so much money?! The whole system is backwards from start to finish and a "cap" or any other idea won't work.

The problem is with the people claiming and not entirely the government. I'm on jobseekers at the minute because i was made redundant before christmas and have bills to pay. If i didnt have the bills i wouldn't claim it, its as simple as that. The thing is there are that many people who just go through the motions to get free money. Every week i see people go into the job centre who can't talk properly and just use slang, clearly left school early or never went, have tattoos all up their necks, stupid hair cuts, full tracksuits, come in with their 17yr old Mrs who has their 2 kids with them, etc.
Those type of people never want to work and never will.

Due to those people my payments to live on and pay all my expenses from phone bills to loan repayments to dental care is £53 a week. That covers my loan and leaves me with £100 to live on for a month. I hate being unemployed and have worked since the age of 16 constantly, i spend every day trying to find a job i can do and on average im applying for about 10-15 a week.

I come out worse off than the people that have never worked as theres 2 types of benefits: contribution based and non-contribution based. Contribution based goes off how much NI you've paid since you started working. This is the type im on and it doesnt entitle me to anything other than £53 a week, yet if i was on the other type because i'd never had a job i'd be entitled to free dental care and a lot more.

The breakdown of that families payments doesn't tell the whole story either. They will live in some sort of sheltered accomodation so should they have a problem with the house its free to fix. They will more than likely even have their grass cut for free.

[Edited on 01-02-2012 by jibjob]
AndyKent

1st Feb 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure I actually get paid much more than that
Mental.

Its nice to know the tax paid on my bonus (for, presumably, all my hard work over 12 months) is going to good use
_Allan_

1st Feb 12 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm handing my notice in now.

Any CS ladies wanna volunteer for some baby making?
noshua

1st Feb 12 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fact is people on benefits say "I'm better off claiming than I would be working" as the only jobs they can get don't pay very well. Every single one of them expect to walk into a £20,000+ year job with nothing to offer, no Education, no skills, nothing.

Complete twats.
sc0ott

1st Feb 12 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should be my wife

Lovely jobs
DaveyLC

1st Feb 12 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob

The breakdown of that families payments doesn't tell the whole story either. They will live in some sort of sheltered accomodation so should they have a problem with the house its free to fix. They will more than likely even have their grass cut for free.

I saw a bloke on Facebook having a moan because the council wouldnt come and fit extra sockets for this new blueray player...
Conway563

1st Feb 12 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they're going to cap them then they should be capped below a net £10,424.08 per person IMO otherwise as said what incentive is there to get a job

Tom

1st Feb 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's wrong, I know a couple with 2 kids, she has never worked and is my age - 28, he hasn't worked or looked for a job for 2 years. I'm pretty sure they say he doesn't live their either so she gets even more. It's definitely tighter since this government came in (she moans about it like they are taking 'her money' off them). It's backwards and it makes me fume, why do I drag my ass out of bed on winter mornings when they sit at home and do fuck all and still manage to 'get on it' every weekend
Tom

1st Feb 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
If they're going to cap them then they should be capped below a net £10,424.08 per person IMO otherwise as said what incentive is there to get a job

Is that just below the minumum wage?
Conway563

1st Feb 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the take home for someone over 21 working 37.5 hours a week at minimum wage yeah
jibjob

1st Feb 12 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jibjob

I saw a bloke on Facebook having a moan because the council wouldnt come and fit extra sockets for this new blueray player...

My point exactly. I used to work for a company that did grounds maintenance for a housing company. They had their grass cuts and strimmed and hedges cut for free. It was mainly elderley and disabled people but there was also a lot of people that just couldn't be arsed. The housing company did things ranging from fitting radiators to painting and decorating, fitting brand new kitchens for free, etc. A lot of people who worked never claimed those sorts of things but a bigger percentage of people who didn't worked claimed everything they could get.
Sunz

1st Feb 12 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Government is to blame, they create the system and the guidelines, they seem mostly out of touch and have no clue when it comes to living on the "poverty" line, if they didn't make it so easy then there wouldn't be such a big problem.

I agree with Nath though, if you can't afford to pay for your own child then don't have kids, I can't image having kids ever, horrible buggers they are but I wouldn't expect someone else to pay for them, that's just ludicrous
Steve
Premium Member

1st Feb 12 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have known sunz would be in here giving it large

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Benefit caps and families - What planet are these people on? 22 database queries in 0.0135031 seconds