corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hiring a car in Ireland

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hiring a car in Ireland
DERV-POWER

User status: Offline
5th Feb 12 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that because everyone goes for weekends in dublin
Jakey
Premium Member

5th Feb 12 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bugger. Tbh we don't have to go weekend. I'll look at prices for midweek
DERV-POWER

5th Feb 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would be better price wise, i try to get the late ferries 2:30am
Jakey
Premium Member

5th Feb 12 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still £250 if we go Tue 27th - Thur 29th March.
baza31

5th Feb 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I flew to Belfast and hired one in airport when I was 22 . I think I had to pay a lump because I was under 25 but got it back upon return . It's alot cheaper flying and hiring a car than driving if it's only a short break.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

5th Feb 12 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're in Dun laoghaire, I went there in the summer without a car. The buses in and around Dublin are very good, and I think you'll pay about £15-20 per person for a 3 day go anywhere ticket too.
Jakey
Premium Member

5th Feb 12 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Tom, ill look into that!

Think ill just fly over and see if I can rent when I'm there!
DERV-POWER

5th Feb 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.arguscarhire.com/argusBook.html?clientID=139393&temp=hybrid1&elID=020520034908723702&countryID=IE&pickupID=11&returnID=11&pickupName=Dublin%20-%20Airport&returnName=dublin%20-%20airport&pickupDate=30&pickupMonth=2&pickupYear=2012&returnDate=1&returnMonth=3&returnYear=2012&pickupHour=10&pickupMinute=0&returnHour=10&returnMinute=0&age=22&currencyID=GBP&carGroupID=0&residenceID=GB&CT=MP&referrer=2:.co.uk&campaignID=54410202&adGroupID=1818748002&adID=7351393722&source=PPC&gclid=CIyOiNfQh64CFSgntAoda2dE5Q#book
Siberia

5th Feb 12 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dún Laoghaire is on the main train line into the city center.. if your only going for a weekend you should be ok on public transport.. the buses and trains are quite regular...
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 02:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd vote to use Public Transport too personally. I used Taxis etc when I went to Dublin for a few days, was fine. Bit costly, but meh.
Seany

6th Feb 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went for the weekend last year to dublin, everything is pretty central anyway from what I remember.
We just used taxis if we wanted to go further out, Deffo wasn't a cheap weekend though, managed to spend close to a grand on drink and eating out etc. Marco Pierre Whites was a great meal but cost a bomb. As said buses are regular enough not to need a car.
Robbo

6th Feb 12 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jakey
Staying in Dún Laoghaire in Dublin.

It's £320 return for 2 people and a car from Hollyhead to Dublin. Plus I'd have to drive 2 hours to Hollyhead and back which is a fair bit of fuel!
WTF

When i live din dublin i used to pay about £60 each way from holyhead to the city cte

try irish ferries, and try going from liverpool to belfast if needs be, only a few hours to dublin and 90% of that is the straight M1/N1
Robbo

6th Feb 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of interest why do you need a car 5to go to dublin? traffic and parking are a bitch anyway
pow
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Public transfort in Ireland isn't actually that bad
Jakey
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replies guys.

I wanted to drive just so we could get up and drive wherever, whenever we wanted.

We won't be spending a lot on drinking as I'm on warfarin now so can't drink much more than a couple pints. Food wise, I expect it to be more than here.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hiring a car in Ireland 22 database queries in 0.3387089 seconds