corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Middle lane hoggers - What do you do?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Middle lane hoggers - What do you do?
Robo C20Let

User status: Offline
20th Feb 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i undertake/overtake and pull in front of them and slow right down (if i have time) and when they get pissed off just wave and drop a gear and disappear
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not just stop being moaning cunts and over take them?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because they shouldn't be middle lane hogging cunts!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Eddx14xe

20th Feb 12 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was behind a van earlier on a dual carriage way that was sitting in the outside lane. I was contemplating undertaking him but i pulled out and went up behind him instead. Sat there until he moved over.

Don't know what goes through these people's heads. The road was completely clear as well.
CORSA NUT

20th Feb 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pet hate

I either do one of 2 things. If I'm a distance away I start flashing like a police car does on/off/on/off but slow and deliberate and most of the time they dart into the inside lane.

Or fly up behind them then at the last possible moment swing out into the fast lane, then dart back in and flash my hazards. This usually gets the reaction of them flashing me and doing a wanker etc sign

I hate hate hate overtaking someone then they start going faster! I could literally kill them
nathy_87

20th Feb 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on my mood.

Either undertake and toot my horn or overtake then get in front of them then flash my indicator over to the left. Both work for me.
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Middle lane hoggers don't really bother me, but my god people who sit in the fast lane do my head in.

Was behind a mini the other week sat in the inside lane at about 65. I slowly but surely crept up behind him.... didn't want to race up and tailgate like a wanker, but I made it clear that I wanted to progress past him. He just fucking sat there, oblivious to the world around him.

Eventually I ended up undertaking, but I went right around to the slow lane to make sure he didn't side swipe me as I did it. Missus had to calm me down, I was frothing at the mouth and spitting all over my dashboard.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
nathy_87

20th Feb 12 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now when they are in the outside lane that's when I become a complete twat and race right up their arse with flashing lights. Had a few V's and Wanker signs but just brush it off cause I'll never see them again. Quite bad cause I have really bad road rage it needs sorting.

[Edited on 20-02-2012 by nathy_87]
deano87

20th Feb 12 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Undertake if safe to do so i.e. if no cars coming in the fast lane.

Was on the A1 dual carriageway (so not Motorway ) yesterday and some idiot in a Passat was doing 60mph in the fast lane. Being only 2 lanes I undertook.

I know it's "illegal" and kind of prepared for the consequences, but I would also say to Mr. Policeman why hadn't the person not following the highway code and sitting in an 'overtaking lane' when they were not overtaking, not been punished.
3CorsaMeal

20th Feb 12 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually the fastest thing on the motorway so just weave in and out of the traffic, which ever lane is empty.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had loads of this recently. All depends on the scenario and my mood. On at least 5 occasions today I've undertook a line of between 3 and 7 cars that were all sat in the middle lane whilst the left lane was empty for anywhere upto half a mile. In that scenario I'm legal as far as I'm concerned, my lane is moving faster than their's hence why I'm passing them, I'm not setting out to undertake them, I'm following the Highway Code.

When it's quieter it depends on my mood, sometimes I'll swing across from left to right, pass, then swing back again, sometimes I'll just carry on as I am and undertake, obviously keeping an eye on them in case they suddenly remember how to drive whilst I'm alongside them.
Ian W

20th Feb 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just overtake and get on with my day.

What's worse than middle lane hoggers is do-gooders who decide its there job to enforce the highway code tbh.

Flashing someone etc is not different to the pricks who flash you for no reason when you overtake them.
Dean_W

20th Feb 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Overtake, then go over to the slow lane to prove a point.
jacko198

20th Feb 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The worst is the ones on the M40. 4 Lanes, not much traffic yet there are tits in the repmobiles sat in the outside lane.

I either undertake them in the slow lane whilst carefully staring them out

Or i cut across 3 lanes, flash them and force them back into the slow lane

Depends on traffic though
andys sxi
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on the m56 on Wednesday and I noticed that we wasn't over taking So I pulled into lane 1, and I counted 7 or 8 cars that were sitting in the middle lane not gaining on the cars infront. It was about half 5 so there was quite a bit of traffic and I thought no wounder if these are all sitting in the middle lane

April 08 feature car
0775kieran

20th Feb 12 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hard shoulder ftw.
redtom

20th Feb 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drive over them
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
I was on the m56 on Wednesday and I noticed that we wasn't over taking So I pulled into lane 1, and I counted 7 or 8 cars that were sitting in the middle lane not gaining on the cars infront. It was about half 5 so there was quite a bit of traffic and I thought no wounder if these are all sitting in the middle lane

I see it all the time. People seem to think being in the middle or outside lane is going to get them somewhere when in fact it's just slowing everyone down
Generation

20th Feb 12 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flash them. Cutting up/driving close is just stupid.

They may be in the wrong, doesn't give you the right to dare shit out f them/cause potential accident
FAZ
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
undertake. fuck 'em
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Undertake. Pull in front and slow it down. When its a quiet motorway obv. Ppl like that boil my piss
timmee

20th Feb 12 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

overtake them then go back into lane 1 slow down a little and after they have overtaken me i pull out over take them and back into lane 1 see how many times i can do an orbit round them the best so far is 5 i kinda get bored on motorways lol
Ojc

20th Feb 12 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In her autobiography, Victoria Beckham describes her future husbands reaction to her furry pudenda.

"David's head disappeared beneath the really expensive duvet from Harvey Nichols. His tongue glided down my navel and then as I rolled my eyes in anticipation, he said

"Fuck me, Youve got Pavarotti down ere, you dirty ape"

I clenched his head between my thighs and let off a dirty fart in his face.
The little cunt."
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to come out of the inside lane, overtake them and go back to inside lane again. I do a lot of miles for work, and I don't tend to get worked up by it anymore.

Using three lanes on a round abouts, just because they can't be arsed to follow the lanes, or are too lazy to turn the steering wheel. still boils my piss.
neil h

20th Feb 12 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously what the actual fuck, this thread contains a level of whining worthy of Pisonheads.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Middle lane hoggers - What do you do? 23 database queries in 0.0175149 seconds