corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you work?

Poll: Do you work?
Yes I work 153 (91.62%)
No I don't work as I can't get a job 5 (2.99%)
No I don't work as it's not worthwhile with the benefit system 4 (2.4%)
No I don't work because of another bullshit excuse 5 (2.99%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you work?
Cardiac Kid

User status: Offline
21st Feb 12 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work long hours and I've worked since I was 16, even during being at University.

I'm not sheltered enough to not realise that the population is getting bigger, yet jobs are getting less, so I won't enter into the whole 'there's more unemployed bums on the JSA' argument, but there are people who play the system and it is disheartening for those who get punished for bettering themselves.
Sunz

21st Feb 12 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
unemplyoed and on benefits and loving it

Lies !
Sunz

21st Feb 12 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't work at the moment, not sure when I will.
Sam
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsadonk
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I get rent, council tax, computer to help me find a job (got a mac), money towards running car to take step daughter to school, why should I work?

Are you being serious?

Is your daughter disabled? Whats wrong with her legs?

I got my first job at 15 when I left school, and always work, I'm 30 now. So does the missus, she has to drive 50 miles a day to work. She pays for all of her fuel.
baza31

21st Feb 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Well, you'd know if she had £50 or not left after fees, so there's no thinking about it.

I can see where she's coming from, childcare cost us £500 a month when Izzy was there full time. It ain't cheap! No point working if you're worse off, but I'm not going down that road again, done it last week.

Yes she probably does , but why can't she work a weekend shift if she wants more ? Bearing in mind she's clearly made her decision but contributes fuck all really to the running of our house . I pay all that . I can't wait for the convo when I tell her it's changing and am going to start only paying 50% of everything . I dont think they have ever had it hard or struggled and that's why it's easier not to work . We go out for tea 2-3 times per week and all that is going to stop . No fancy holidays no more . They need a fucking lesson .
Sunz

21st Feb 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always love the reactions of CS members, probably people in general.

I do it this way so why can't you.

But I do this, this and this. . .

Good for you
DanCobb

21st Feb 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Working on and off since I left school whilst going to college. Now have an alright steady job and already looking Into going it alone and opening my own business in the near future
Ryan

21st Feb 12 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
yes, i like money but hate paying taxes so scum can live for fcuk all
Eddx14xe

21st Feb 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan H
ive worked since leaving school at 16 untill june august last year (20yr old) when i was in a car accident and ive been on the sick since due to a badly broken leg and it still giving me jip from time to time if i attempt to move anything heavy/walk/stand for too long.

Im still applying for jobs as i hate being out of work. I live on my own £260 per month rent, £50 gas, £50 electric each month, £150 on food inc dog food. but since being on the sick im getting Housing benefit etc and im also getting £100 per week for being on the sick, yet a mate of mine works 16hrs a week, and he only earns £300 per month. So i get more money on benefits than he does working part time, and my money is also going up £30 a week in April. Its stupid how everything works in this country!!

You'll find your leg won't be right for atleast a year. I broke mine when i was 15, it still aches and gives me problems 6 years on.
Lynny

21st Feb 12 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been unemployed for a total 4 days since I turned 16, now 25
Ojc

21st Feb 12 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've worked since I was 13
smcGSI16V

21st Feb 12 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've worked since I was 14. 18 years.
Never been out of a job since. Been made redundant once 2 years ago and only worked at 3 places.

I do hate people who say they wont work just for an extra £50. But thats the system and doesn't encourage the right people to work/go back to work etc etc.
It also desn't seem to too help people who do need it as a stop gap help and want to work.

I think the whole system needs a complet overhaul and rethink.
N3CRO

21st Feb 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
quote:
Originally posted by Dan H
ive worked since leaving school at 16 untill june august last year (20yr old) when i was in a car accident and ive been on the sick since due to a badly broken leg and it still giving me jip from time to time if i attempt to move anything heavy/walk/stand for too long.

Im still applying for jobs as i hate being out of work. I live on my own £260 per month rent, £50 gas, £50 electric each month, £150 on food inc dog food. but since being on the sick im getting Housing benefit etc and im also getting £100 per week for being on the sick, yet a mate of mine works 16hrs a week, and he only earns £300 per month. So i get more money on benefits than he does working part time, and my money is also going up £30 a week in April. Its stupid how everything works in this country!!

You'll find your leg won't be right for atleast a year. I broke mine when i was 15, it still aches and gives me problems 6 years on.

Got the same problem with my left arm. Broke it 15 years ago.
RichR
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worked from 13 in the local pub, starting off as a K.P. and pot wash, moved on to front of house and eventually bar manager. I stared getting an allowance off my parents of £35 a month when I was 12 but that was to pay for everything aside from school, medical or family related stuff but if I went out with friends etc or needed new clothes, trainers or games etc, I had to pay for it out of my allowance-soon realised that £35 isnt a lot so started working and by the time I was in sixth form I was working 40+ hours a week on top of school, owned 3 boats and my car which I had bought, paid for and ran myself. As well as working in the pub I taught windsurfing and sailing and worked in a bike shop-I did whatever job paid me money so I could lead the life I wanted to. When I went to uni I kept up the jobs above in all holidays racking up 100hours or so a week and good tips on top but then worked in the docks in Southampton where I was at uni driving new cars on and off the transporters on shift work-good money and didint piss it up the wall like my house mates did. After uni, still had the student loan I'd borrowed and put that towards the deposit for my house, started work and for the first couple of years kept up my bar job.

Best thing my parents ever did was instill good financial understanding at a young age as aside from mortgage and student loan (which went on house anyway) I have no other debt and if I want something, I save for it
AlunJ

21st Feb 12 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've worked from about the age of 12 iirc, did my fair share of paper rounds, worked at maccy d's whilst in sixth form, stayed for a bit there when I left school and then joined the railway after turning 18 and have worked there ever since and slowly working my way up the food chain.
Graham88

21st Feb 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Network Rail is shit though

[/interrailbanter...]
Ben G

21st Feb 12 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've worked since age 16 whilst doing my a levels, worked at somerfield, got up to become a checkout supervisor, then at 19 i got a job at ford.

people think i get a lot of money for not doing much but i have to do shift work (3 shift) so every week i change, its not as easy as people think but it has its perks, mostly being at home on my own during the day to do what i want.

[Edited on 21-02-2012 by Ben G]
Paul_J

21st Feb 12 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cardiac Kid
I work long hours and I've worked since I was 16, even during being at University.

I'm not sheltered enough to not realise that the population is getting bigger, yet jobs are getting less, so I won't enter into the whole 'there's more unemployed bums on the JSA' argument, but there are people who play the system and it is disheartening for those who get punished for bettering themselves.

Okay...
AlunJ

21st Feb 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Network Rail is shit though

[/interrailbanter...]

Good job I don't work for them then
Ben G

21st Feb 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also my aunt is on benefits for fibromialgya (sp) and gets all the benefits under the sun, boils my piss.
andys sxi
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sore subject for me at the moment

Worked since I was 15 now 23 only had 2 jobs, got laid off yesterday so I'm looking now for jobs

April 08 feature car
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started off at about 14 years old working with my dad,cleaning and tidying the garage while still at School. Then left School at 16 and applied for Morrisons and still work there now. I'm 20 years old now and still enjoying it,it pays for my car,that's all I care about at the minute.

End of day,it's a job that keeps me bills paid and me to spend on what I like. I'd hate to be sat about at home doing nothing.

[Edited on 21-02-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
sharpy28

21st Feb 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

19 years old worked more or less all through two years at college part time, left college got a job (that has nothing to do with what I studied ) work 50 hours a week 7am - 5pm mon-Friday as a machine driver/banksman, then work Saturday night at the night club I manage 9pm - 4am. Really fucks me off with people not working "because its not worth it" or "I'll be better off on dole"!!!!!
Marc

21st Feb 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to my portfolio I don't need to. I won at life.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you work? 25 database queries in 0.0180459 seconds