corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars that fog lights come on when turning

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cars that fog lights come on when turning
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 12 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Yeah I see your point BUT when have you seen bright white foglights? Foglights have and always be with a yellow tinge.

Yeah, but how many people pay that much attention to detail?

The majority will just see bright lights illuminated in the positions that Foglights are normally located...
nathy_87

23rd Feb 12 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
quote:
Yeah I see your point BUT when have you seen bright white foglights? Foglights have and always be with a yellow tinge.

Dont think iv ever seen fogs with a yellow tinge? Just normal bulbs

Don't be awkward You can tell the 'normal bulbs have a hint of yellow in them. Big difference still between the normal bulb and DRLs.

[Edited on 23-02-2012 by nathy_87]
Mertin

23rd Feb 12 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't be awkward You can tell the 'normal bulbs have a hint of yellow in them. Big difference still between the normal bulb and DRLs.

Im not being awkward

Just stating that to me fog lights never appear to be yellow, I know their fogs because of where their positioned and not their colour
John

23rd Feb 12 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fogs could be driving lights so I doubt anyone in here can tell an actual fog light just from where they are positioned or colour.
Fro

23rd Feb 12 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap pointless version of adaptive headlights imo.
Ben G

23rd Feb 12 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would love to see some arsehole copper pull some poor bint over because she had her foglight on

seen it on a few mercs now, thought it was weird, looked like a bulb had blown at first.
Mertin

23rd Feb 12 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Fogs could be driving lights so I doubt anyone in here can tell an actual fog light just from where they are positioned or colour.

How many cars have driving lights? Thought it was drl's that were being mentioned? Their usually between the headlight and fog, sometimes in a strip of led's or directly under the headlight
pow
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DRL's have also been permanently disabled on the Alfa

Europiean shite

[Edited on 23-02-2012 by pow]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving lights is just another word for fog lights, mainly by cunts that use them all day every day!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
John

23rd Feb 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving lights and fog lights are different, I'm not sure of the exact definition, think one is focused and one isn't.

You'd be surprised how many manuals state that they are driving lights and not fogs as you think.
Balling
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You can tell the 'normal bulbs have a hint of yellow in them. Big difference still between the normal bulb and DRLs.

Sorry for nitpicking, but that simply isn't true.

Firstly, regular gas bulbs have been used for DRLs for ages. They still are.
Secondly, a white / blueish tint could easily be the result of HIDs.

If you hadn't explained that the Fabia doesn't come with fogs, I would assume that was what they were.

Incidently, I have HIDs in my fogs and have them on in daylight and they are indeed fogs and not DRLs.
Driving with lights on in the day is a legal requirement over here, so please, no one get mad at me!

nathy_87

23rd Feb 12 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough. So it's jsut me that can see normal lights are more yellow than white? Or am I missing something?
Matt L

23rd Feb 12 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh they are a bit pointless as they only come on when turning at low speeds (does light up curbs a bit better but still not realyl worth it), really really do not get why the both come on when reversing the reverse light is shite so id rather a better light at the back rather than infront of me

as for DRLs another utterly shite idea thankfully mine doesnt have them and any car i do get them on will be having them removed.

nathy_87

23rd Feb 12 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont have to remove them. As pow has mentiond you can turn them off.
Ben G

23rd Feb 12 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if you got a new audi? would you remove the entire headlight and drive without them?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Audi's can turn DRL's off in the light settings on built in comp.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Ben G

23rd Feb 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

matt wants to remove them though.

i think they look good, and they seem to work as people move the fuck out the way when they see them in their rear view mirrors (as opposed to seeing a big 1.5 tonne car).
C00RSA

23rd Feb 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How to turn of Ibiza Cornering fogs

Two coppers have stopped me for the DRLs on my fab, they were a little upset they were legal
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Im not being awkward

Just stating that to me fog lights never appear to be yellow, I know their fogs because of where their positioned and not their colour

Matt L

23rd Feb 12 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You dont have to remove them. As pow has mentiond you can turn them off.

i know you dont have to but whats the point in having them attacehd the to car not working?
Matt L

23rd Feb 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
what if you got a new audi? would you remove the entire headlight and drive without them?

i wont buy an audi

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars that fog lights come on when turning 23 database queries in 0.0133779 seconds