corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pretty much bought a new car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pretty much bought a new car
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
6th Mar 12 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£402 to insure it. not that bad tbh.
lozarus

7th Mar 12 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ecotune do a remap and decat takes the 184hp model to 245bhp 500nm torque. Ordering mine within the month and expect the clutch to last a week lol
richc

7th Mar 12 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lozarus
Ecotune do a remap and decat takes the 184hp model to 245bhp 500nm torque. Ordering mine within the month and expect the clutch to last a week lol

Does it? Seems a little optimistic - i know of a 330d which had Map and decat + rest of exhaust and made 250 - that was the 204 model?

edit; That was supposidly its maximum on that set up before you change I/C, injecters, turbo etc??

[Edited on 07-03-2012 by richc]
Nic Barnes

7th Mar 12 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been asking about remap with a mate I know he says maybe get about 245bhp but around 380lb/ft from the 200bhp engine. Will take it Jdm and do a before and after ru on the rollers.

Sorted the sale of the corsa c out this morning so I will get on the phone and get the BMW sorted out today.
adiohead

7th Mar 12 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good choice Barnes!

My friend has a 530D and it's a great runner. Little bit of rust but easy to sort.

rossnomore

7th Mar 12 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the old E34 525 TDS, on a 160,000 and hasnt missed a beat. BMW diesel engines will out-live the shell if serviced at the right intervals. I considered a remap but i upped the boost and spent a day fiddling with wires and a resitor, got more power than i would with a re-map for 54 pence. Easy to tune and get silly torque from bm dervs
lozarus

7th Mar 12 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that's what they. Claim... http://www.ecotune-scotland.co.uk/product/E46_BMW_330d_184hp_Maxitune_Performance_Upgrade_iFlashdownpipe_245bhp500nm
Nic Barnes

7th Mar 12 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pick it up tomorrow night after work.
richc

7th Mar 12 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rossnomore
ive got the old E34 525 TDS, on a 160,000 and hasnt missed a beat. BMW diesel engines will out-live the shell if serviced at the right intervals. I considered a remap but i upped the boost and spent a day fiddling with wires and a resitor, got more power than i would with a re-map for 54 pence. Easy to tune and get silly torque from bm dervs

TBF, the 330d engine is nothing like the old tds lump in yours. Think of yours as analogue and the 330d as digital.
Nic Barnes

7th Mar 12 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so far found out an abs sensor is about 15 quid. thats not bad, was thinking posh car tax would be a fair bit. best insurance quite so far 351 from privilege. can't see what flux can do as they close at 5:30 which is really convenient........fuckers.
Nic Barnes

7th Mar 12 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EGR-Valve-Delete-Power-Pipe-Kit-BMW-330-D-E46-Model-/170795720165?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c437dde5#ht_1685wt_970

bit worried now I've moved away from the safety of old vauxhalls that i might have to start using words like deleted to describe modifications ffs.
lozarus

8th Mar 12 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not entirely necessary egr blank some people just clean it up and block the vac pipe off. only works on the 184 though I think as otherwise dash lights but not 100% on that
rossnomore

8th Mar 12 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:

TBF, the 330d engine is nothing like the old tds lump in yours. Think of yours as analogue and the 330d as digital.

Not quite, its not "nothing" like my tds lump, More electrical wizadry in the newer one, but still a 6 pot bmw diesel engine, the basics are still there. Still a piece of piss to get power and fuck loads of torque out of the newer ones if you know what your you're doing though. a weekend spent fiddling with my mates 530d and a voltmeter made it an absolute monster
adiohead

8th Mar 12 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you stick the voltmeter?
Nic Barnes

8th Mar 12 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Modifications are quite expensive for it. Sell carbon lips for the front bumper, quite tempted to get a touchscreen sat nav/mp3 player thing for it. Seem alright money and look like they fit quite well.
rossnomore

8th Mar 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead

Lol. let me rephrase that then. A voltmeter, some wires, and some resitors. Figure where shit is, fiddle around, generally confuse it into giving you more diesel and boost. Basicly exactly what a tuning box does, only it costs about £5 rather than £300
Fro

8th Mar 12 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Modifications are quite expensive for it. Sell carbon lips for the front bumper, quite tempted to get a touchscreen sat nav/mp3 player thing for it. Seem alright money and look like they fit quite well.

Dynavin units? Would have got one for mine if I'd kept it, heard good things about them and they look OEM.
adiohead

8th Mar 12 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by adiohead

Lol. let me rephrase that then. A voltmeter, some wires, and some resitors. Figure where shit is, fiddle around, generally confuse it into giving you more diesel and boost. Basicly exactly what a tuning box does, only it costs about £5 rather than £300

My friend has a 530D, any detailed info on what you did?

He'd love some more power whilst his LCR is being rebuilt.
BarnshaW

8th Mar 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excuse my noob question but how do you accurately measure the fuel and air going into the engine without it being on a rolling road or software connected to the ECU to measure it?

surely you would need something to measure the correct amount of air/fuel going in and thats not by a voltmeter?

[Edited on 08-03-2012 by BarnshaW]
rossnomore

8th Mar 12 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basicly, find the injector pump return cable. wire a resitior into there, it makes the pump think its not put enough diesel in so pumps more in. We used a 1k ohm variable resistor. I'll try and find more on the boost because that part was a little more complex. And no, you dont need a rolling road for a diesel, youve just got to get the smoke the right colour realy. Be as sceptical as you want, he's been running it for 6 months and had no issues. Mine has had it for 6 weeks and i need a new clutch lol. the Difference in power is unreal. I'll try and find a wiring diagram for you
BarnshaW

8th Mar 12 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand that im not disputing it i am just interested how you can get the exact compromise especially when altering the boost.

you can always make a car more powerful and in theory a car running very lean will make more power. if it was me especially on a new car i would want it done properly and have full details on AFR etc.
rossnomore

8th Mar 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It just takes some fiddling mate. obviously a diesel is easier to do this to, with no ignition timing to worry about you basicly throw as much fuel and air at it as you can, and as you'll know, Black smoke is too much diesel, clear smoke is not enough, So we turned the bosst up to a safe-ish level, then the fuel to compensate, just takes minute turns of the resistor to adjust untill its producing a grey-ish smoke and thats it. Although mine throws out a ploom of black reek but by fuck it shifts!
Nic Barnes

8th Mar 12 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to join a BMW forum I think and do some research.
Jambo

8th Mar 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which one Nic?
Fad

8th Mar 12 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I need to join a BMW forum I think and do some research.

E46 Zone
BMW Land

good resources and good guides on stuff. It may be a bit of a culture shock frequenting with Adults/middle ages men though

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pretty much bought a new car 22 database queries in 0.0138049 seconds