corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think its a write off - What do I do??

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Think its a write off - What do I do??
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Mar 12 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam-corsa-1400
dont forget that your neck is hurting and back might and you will then get paid out for wiplash and tbh if she has pushed you into another car she must have been doing some speed

dont be a mug
Liam-Wilko

8th Mar 12 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
dont forget that your neck is hurting and back might and you will then get paid out for wiplash and tbh if she has pushed you into another car she must have been doing some speed

dont be a mug

how d you get that wiplash can come on at anypoint from an accident at the end of the day if he hit her i bet you she would claim wiplash and if i hit some one i would expect them to claim wiplash as its my fault
pow
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People like you make my insurance double what it should be
richc

8th Mar 12 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Exact same thing happened to me but the damage wasnt as bad, but enough to write my old corsa off.

Was offered £1500 for it or £1450 if i wanted the corsa back

Do you have to re-mot the car or anything like that? Or can you literally just drive it off again?

if a car is a wright off it needs to be vic checked then re MOT'd after it has been repaird iirc

Only if it's Cat C. Cat D can just carry on using it, but I'm saying that will be a Cat C due to age/mileage etc

Thought it depended on CAT. Cheers
nathy_87

8th Mar 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

prick.
Ben G

8th Mar 12 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

no it doesn't so many do gooders in here.

i bet you never return stuff to shops if you break them either? oh wait, you do.
Ben G

8th Mar 12 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also you can claim up to 3 years after the accident. if you do get pains anywhere get them sorted as my back is still playing up a year after my accident.
John

8th Mar 12 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:

dont be a mug

how d you get that wiplash can come on at anypoint from an accident at the end of the day if he hit her i bet you she would claim wiplash and if i hit some one i would expect them to claim wiplash as its my fault

Whiplash is a made up ailment.

For Ben, if you've actually got some provable muscular pain that's different.

[Edited on 08-03-2012 by John]
Ben G

8th Mar 12 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a spasm on the muscle to the left/right of the spin, not sure what it's called.

what i'm saying though is that pow made a sweeping statement basically saying you should never ever claim as it will affect his insurance.

i bet he's glad with the no whiplash claims under 10mph rule coming in.
Sunz

8th Mar 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But the OP hasn't talked of any personal injury, has he ?

Guy telling him to claim is telling him to make a fraudulent claim which affects everyones policy costs.
Liam-Wilko

8th Mar 12 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

so i make your insurance go up but yet i have never had an accident and yet never had to claim

insurance is based on risk you can have an accident get paid cash in hand and go to a no win no fee claim company and still claim wiplash witch has nothing to do with your car insurance at all

the insurance in that area will increase anyway due to the fact og the being an accident there to start with weather or not there is a claim made provided the insurance has been notifyed also if you think im wrong check with your insurance ( i use to work for fusion who are an insurance broker)

im guessing you will be the type of person to say straight away at an accident whats your insurance details we will go straight through the insurance with means you put your own insurance up
Ben G

8th Mar 12 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well then you're affecting the cost of items in tesco when you take shit back for a refund after breaking it.
John

8th Mar 12 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going on what you know about tax, I'd disregard anything you say you learned while working at an insurance company.
Liam-Wilko

8th Mar 12 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
But the OP hasn't talked of any personal injury, has he ?

Guy telling him to claim is telling him to make a fraudulent claim which affects everyones policy costs.

any accident that a insurance company is told of automaticly increases risk there for will increase your insurance

try and do a qoute with a non fault claim i bet your insurance will be different to what it would be without the claim

insurance companys as you "have you had a claim in the last 5 years regardles of fault" as soon as 2you click yes you become a slightly higher rist and tyhere for increases your insurance
Liam-Wilko

8th Mar 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Going on what you know about tax, I'd disregard anything you say you learned while working at an insurance company.

do an insurance qoute and find out your self or you can always phone your insurance company and ask them and they will tell you that there is no gaurantee that if you have an accident weather or not it is your fault that your premium will not change
Sunz

8th Mar 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really care about all though, was just you don't seem very honest, telling people to claim for injuries they didn't even talk about, someone has to pay for it at the end of the day and when it's fraudulent it's unfair.
Liam-Wilko

8th Mar 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sunz so you are 100% honest so no matter what you do you tell the truth.

if i had an accident were i hit some one i would personaly tell them to claim for wiplash agenst me if they go through my insurance weather or not they actualy have it if they choose not to go through my insurance iwould then tell them to go to a no win no fee.

at the end of the day anyone who you hit will claim wiplash against you if they have wiplash or not

[Edited on 08-03-2012 by liam-corsa-1400]
Liam-Wilko

8th Mar 12 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and the accident has already happend so it will effect insurance anyway claiming wiplash will not make it any more effected that it already is

like i said insurance is based on risk something
Graeme
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but what you have said a lot of it is very inaccurate.
Sunz

8th Mar 12 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just don't see how adding say £5000 to a claim because of wiplash isn't going to affect anyone ?

I'm an honest person, I wouldn't claim for something that didn't happen, if everyone did that then the cost of insurance would be sky high, Oh wait. . .

I have been envolved in an accident that was my fault, I admitted it was my fault, the guy had a broken rib and claimed for his injury and his bike and nothing else, 2 honest people like it should be, not people saying I have wiplash just to get some "free" money when in the bigger picture it's not free and someone is paying for something they shouldn't be.
Liam-Wilko

8th Mar 12 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what part is inaccurate.

try explaing to a customer why there insuranced went up when they had an accident thats not there fault.

all insurance companys ask you have you had an accident in the last 5 years fauto OR non fault

insurance is based on risk why do you think that insurance increases when an accident happens and why peoples premiums increase?
Liam-Wilko

8th Mar 12 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
I just don't see how adding say £5000 to a claim because of wiplash isn't going to affect anyone ?

I'm an honest person, I wouldn't claim for something that didn't happen, if everyone did that then the cost of insurance would be sky high, Oh wait. . .

I have been envolved in an accident that was my fault, I admitted it was my fault, the guy had a broken rib and claimed for his injury and his bike and nothing else, 2 honest people like it should be, not people saying I have wiplash just to get some "free" money when in the bigger picture it's not free and someone is paying for something they shouldn't be.

well congratulations to you mate like i said i havnt effected anyones insurance due to the fact im a carful drive and havnt had an accident.

at the end of the day everone is going to pay for the accident any way about 95% of people would claim wiplash anyway so why not

there will be people out there selling drugs cheating you out of money people claiming benafits who shouldnt be something effects us every single day of our lives if he claimd for wiplash weather he has it or not but didnt say anything on here you wouldnt have a clue would you.

ether way everyone will pay for the fact an accident has already happend and probably meny more by the time this thread comes to a close you going to stop them all?
Graeme
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if you go through a third party for wipladh it will effect your insurance. Plus third party companies are the biggest waste or time!

If someone claims against you for wiplash it will affect your premium more.

By people falsely claiming wiplash it does effect the whole increase on insurance.

Fraud is also fraud so if you get caught they will and do throw the book at you!

I deal with some of the biggest insurance companies everyday and they do not take things like that niceley.

They have people trawling the net for things like this saying about false claims.
Liam-Wilko

8th Mar 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Even if you go through a third party for wipladh it will effect your insurance. Plus third party companies are the biggest waste or time!

If someone claims against you for wiplash it will affect your premium more.

By people falsely claiming wiplash it does effect the whole increase on insurance.

Fraud is also fraud so if you get caught they will and do throw the book at you!

I deal with some of the biggest insurance companies everyday and they do not take things like that niceley.

They have people trawling the net for things like this saying about false claims.

yes and like i said no matter what way it gose he could feel the pain 1 day after or years after left to long means he will not be able to claim for it

as you are aware weather a claim is fault or non fault it effects you any way there is loads of people out there that would and will claim wip lash and will effect everyone how do we know he hasnt acctualy got wiplash

and as you will be aware the claim will allready be placed to an underwrighter witch will now be on the data base and will have already have took effect on insurance from the day it was logged

i understand its froud and you can get locked up for it it is his choice weather or not he claims for wiplash or not like i said i havnt had an accident fortunatly and i dont complain about my insurance premum and i pay my insurance like most people who always say they would love to get an inusrance company back for making them pay so much
pow
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Ben because I don't have rage fits and break IKEA furniture and then take it back.

But apparently my sweeping statement was wrong... told to me by someone who can't even string together a punctuated fucking sentence.

[Edited on 08-03-2012 by pow]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think its a write off - What do I do?? 22 database queries in 0.0157111 seconds