corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snowboarders/Skiers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snowboarders/Skiers
Wayne

User status: Offline
13th Mar 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne
Yeah says Friend request sent! It's no fun going on my own as i have no idea what to do!

Ahh sounds brilliant! As above i mentioned got some new boots and not sure if my board is set up correctly as i was getting front knee pain when using lift and boarding a little not sure if my front foot binding is angled to much?

Thats strange? Not received one yet? Did you use my email addy?

Its so hard to learn when your on your own. All you can do is watch what people do and try and imitate it! Not always the best really, they say practice makes perfect but if your practising something and getting it wrong it can actually be worse!

Front knee pain could be just that your not used to the lift or it could be that your stance/angles are too wide. When riding freestyle you will find yourself in switch a lot of the time so I ride 15 degrees on both feet. A good rule of thumb for stance width is the length of your arm from elbow to fingertip plus a hand with a flat thumb. Measure how long that distance is then that width should be between the centres of each binding disc (Does that make sense?)

Was going to ride Cas on Thursday but have had man flu since I rode Chill Thursday and Friday last week. Ill be riding Chill next Thursday and Friday if anyone fancies it! Usually a few of us!

Yeah used your e-mail addy to find you! If not try adding Wayne McNeill, i've got a blue stripey t-shirt on with beige pants on left.

Well that's the thing i don't have anyone telling me where i'm going wrong, i've never tried switch, didn't even know what is was untill Friday!

For general just going up and down the slope odd jump at the bottom would it be better duck feet or normal? Or is it best to ride duck feet all the time?

I kind of get what you mean with the stance but bit confused what you mean! I'd be up for comming next thursday or friday! But i am a total noob to anything freestyle!
Wayne

13th Mar 12 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have this board (think it's a womans board) but it looks ok ha! Woman on holiday said it was unisex!

http://salomonsnowboard.com/catalog/product/view/id/653/s/oh-yeah-color/category/18/

Also i have Rythym bindings. In purple.

http://www.bucksboarding.co.uk/p-4866-salomon-rhythm-bindings-yellow.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm-campaign=product

RichR
Premium Member

13th Mar 12 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All men's boards are classed as Unisex - women's boards are always women's boards only
Wayne

13th Mar 12 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So im on a womens board
Stu

13th Mar 12 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
what's your current deck/bindings Stu?

Freestyle - 2012 K2 World Wide Weapon 151cm with Technine LM Pro Lone Wolf bindings

Mountain/Powder - 2011 Burton Whammy Bar 155cm with Burton Malavita EST bindings
RichR
Premium Member

13th Mar 12 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So im on a womens board

looks like it

My current set up

Ride Antic with Burton Missions (Use for Dry slope or concrete - same thing)
and my Freeride board is the Step Child Chi Borg with Union Contact Pros

The 'Flow' board is for sale if you're interested
Stu

13th Mar 12 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah used your e-mail addy to find you! If not try adding Wayne McNeill, i've got a blue stripey t-shirt on with beige pants on left.

Well that's the thing i don't have anyone telling me where i'm going wrong, i've never tried switch, didn't even know what is was untill Friday!

For general just going up and down the slope odd jump at the bottom would it be better duck feet or normal? Or is it best to ride duck feet all the time?

I kind of get what you mean with the stance but bit confused what you mean! I'd be up for comming next thursday or friday! But i am a total noob to anything freestyle!

Got you now matey!

Yeah thats it ysee, def need people around you who can help! You will come on well quickly if you do!

In this country because we dont have mountains and snow you will be spending most of your time in a dome. At first just going up and down is fun but once you can do it you will get bored pretty quickly! Theres only one thing you can do then and thats freestyle so you may as well get used to riding duck foot now. I dont alter my angles for the mountain! 15/15 all the way

Yeah Ill show you! Get along next Thursday then and we'll teach you some freestyle! You will be hooked!
Stu

13th Mar 12 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is my current freestyle set up on my dry jib

This is my old Lobster with my whammy and the missus' board on the wall

RichR
Premium Member

13th Mar 12 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are you using to hold your boards on the wall?
Wayne

13th Mar 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice boards there guys ! Live Lee you coming next Thursday? Be good to meet you both! Looking forward to this now! Just need to get a helmet. Any good places?
RichR
Premium Member

13th Mar 12 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're going to ChillF then Sub Vert, Surfanic, Snow and Rock all have sales on now
Wayne

13th Mar 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's it like learning to switch?
Wayne

13th Mar 12 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers pal, i shall have a look.
Stu

13th Mar 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What's it like learning to switch?

Like learning to snowboard all over again Totally un-natural at first!
RichR
Premium Member

13th Mar 12 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even if at first you just teach yourself to ride out of switch it'll help; the first rotations you learn will almost certainly be 180s, which will have you riding out backwards so as long as you can land switch and ride out, you'll be ok
ashleh

13th Mar 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've gone snowboarding twice now in Bulgaria and I absolutely love it! Defo wanna get into it more.

Two seasons recently had a sale for 80% off on last years stock. Could of picked up a board, boots and bindings for £200 give or take, I wish I could have afforded it!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snowboarders/Skiers 22 database queries in 0.0077789 seconds