corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Swearing at a work colleague - am I in trouble?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Swearing at a work colleague - am I in trouble?
kazazza

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 12 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sooo tempted to print this thread out and pin it up on the notice board lol

I think I'll just see what she says in the morning, while keeping all your arguments in mind, who knows, maybe she'll apologise... doubtful though
kazazza

23rd Mar 12 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Even if you may get called out of work hours you still don't have to answer? It's your own time. Say what you want to whoever. Nothing they can do about it as far as I'm aware.

I only picked up because it woke me up and pissed me off - I usually put my phone on silent during the day, but I must have forgotten to... No one ever rings me at that time anyway - because they all know not to do that to night workers
am4nf

23rd Mar 12 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why did she phone you in the first place?

Yes you were sleeping, but did you really need to react that way?

If one of your friends phoned and forgot you were working would you react in the same way?
Captain_Rosco

23rd Mar 12 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

This girl is a work colleague right? Not in a position higher than you, right ?

Do you know why she was trying to get ahold of you? i.e. Did you fuck something up, and not tell the morning team ?

Does your manager know this girl is a pain in the arse ?

If there wasn't a proper reason for this girl to call you during the day on your personal phone, then can see the only punishment you will get is maybe to applogise to her, or maybe learn to switch your phone off during the day time.

As for when you see her again in the morning, i personally would say anything to her other than being polite. If she starts some kind of shit with you, just ignor it, and mention it to your manager when/if you get called in.

Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 12 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id be interested to know how she can take it further tbh. you can't complain that someone not at work swore at you. thats completely ridiculous.
kazazza

23rd Mar 12 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Captain_Rosco

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

This girl is a work colleague right? Not in a position higher than you, right ?

Do you know why she was trying to get ahold of you? i.e. Did you fuck something up, and not tell the morning team ?

Does your manager know this girl is a pain in the arse ?

If there wasn't a proper reason for this girl to call you during the day on your personal phone, then can see the only punishment you will get is maybe to applogise to her, or maybe learn to switch your phone off during the day time.

As for when you see her again in the morning, i personally would say anything to her other than being polite. If she starts some kind of shit with you, just ignor it, and mention it to your manager when/if you get called in.

Yeah shes just another receptionist like me

She was trying to get hold of me to ask me to cover a shift tomorrow, so didnt even need an answer straight away

Yeah the manager's well aware this girl is a pain, in fact I overheard the manager telling someone else she 'really doesnt like that girl' a few days ago..
kazazza

23rd Mar 12 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
Why did she phone you in the first place?

Yes you were sleeping, but did you really need to react that way?

If one of your friends phoned and forgot you were working would you react in the same way?

Fair point, you're right I probably wouldn't react that way if a friend called me... But, a friend wouldn't call me if they saw me at 7am knowing I'd just finished a night shift
adiohead

23rd Mar 12 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Falcon punch
Fro

23rd Mar 12 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rickavo
Ring her 3am to say sorry

This, everyday until she drops it
Jimbothebarbarian

23rd Mar 12 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First of all the place I work would shut down if people got done for swearing within seconds!

Second deny all knowledge of swearing.

Third say if it goes further you wish to counter he complaint with one of constant harassment that has now spilt into calls outside of work time/harassment at home.

Forth and my favorite as someone mentioned falcon punch the bitch. Daft cow she must be.
Hammer

23rd Mar 12 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a joke

My Director calls me a stupid cunt and I tell him to fuck off. I would absolutely hate working in an environment you were treading on egg shells every second of the day.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus I work in a school and we swear at eachother all the time. My boss likes to call one of my colleauges a fuck tard
RCoughtrie

23rd Mar 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To right, have had the same annoying thing ! I have an app called iblacklist on my iPhone you can get a sort of profile to select when you want, say like a chosen list of work numbers and they just instantly get cut off

[Edited on 23-03-2012 by RCoughtrie]
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every time the design engineer makes a mistake, I call him a Fucking retard. I told the MD that as a company we make too many ridiculous 'Fuck Ups' last week; I called another guy a 'deaf cunt' because he never listens. I have a potty mouth but then so does everyone else here so its fine
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone her up from a withheld number and tell her you're going to slit her throat.
Jas

23rd Mar 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Phone her up from a withheld number and tell her you're going to slit her throat.
AlunJ

23rd Mar 12 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

At 3am
sc0ott

23rd Mar 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use the ghostface voice as well, and ask her what her favourite scary movie is.
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo ring her at 2am regarding work and ask her if she was asleep, bitch.

Then report her for swearing at you even if she dosent, cant proove it either way.
Ben J

23rd Mar 12 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She rang you at home and you were asleep. She can't complain about that. Even if she has, she has no case as you were not in work.

She needs to man the fuck up. I'd still be the bigger person and next time you see her apologise for swearing and explain why you were pissed off. If she still wants to cause a problem, let her in the knowledge she has no right to compain AND you have apologised anyway.
rossnomore

23rd Mar 12 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

face-rape, the only solution...
adiohead

23rd Mar 12 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put phone on silent when you sleep.
LeeM

23rd Mar 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not entirely sure what you think you've done wrong? Theres no grounds for a disciplinary unless you swear at a colleague in the work place where a customer could potentially hear it.
It's like worrying about having a wank at home, nothing to do with work.

Don't lie though, lying to your boss when they're investigating a complaint is something you could get some form o disciplinary for
Ben G

23rd Mar 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id be sacked by now if peoppe complaint about swearing here.
nathy_87

23rd Mar 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thus being the reason why I have my phone on the lowest brightness settings and silent as soon as i get home.

She is a bint for doing it, I wouldn't of done it to anyone. Bit pathetic if it does go further, maybe your/her boss will just have a quiet word, and get you to apologise.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Swearing at a work colleague - am I in trouble? 22 database queries in 0.0173178 seconds