corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » fuel tankers strike

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fuel tankers strike
Hammer

User status: Offline
30th Mar 12 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
A friend of mine on FB suggested this is all a ploy by the government to rake in extra tax (from fuel duties) before next month

I would suggest that it is fact rather than a ploy.
Nic Barnes

30th Mar 12 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
A friend of mine on FB suggested this is all a ploy by the government to rake in extra tax (from fuel duties) before next month
I'm just waiting on John confirming this after he googles the answer.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i emptied out £80 from the porsche before i went away so im all good if there was a fuel issue

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Was some woman who tired to transfer the fuel from jerry cans in her kitchen, some how they caught on fire and shes in hospital with 4th degree burns. (Had to be a woman)

From what I've seen, it was because she had the stove lit whilst transferring the highly flammable liquid in her kitchen
Tom G

30th Mar 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely the fuel has already been taxed?
John

30th Mar 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I'm just waiting on John confirming this after he googles the answer.

I don't normally care what drivel you post Nic but that's a bit boring.

You'll be on Google well before I am about anything in the world other than tyres.
Seany

30th Mar 12 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the Twats round here have used up all the normal petrol so now they've used up all my vpower. Going to have to hunt for it as I need it for work tomo.
On another note when at halfrauds yesterday in falkirk there was a rake of people buying jerry cans.
Robbo

30th Mar 12 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
loads of people i have spoke to reckon it was a ploy by the Government to get us to panic buy at the end of the financial year increasing the funds raised.

conincidence or is there any truth in it i dont know

it is an interesting theory which does hold some logic...
thats some corsa_nut conspiracy shiz right there.

tbf factually, it has sound reasoning but in reality the fuel companies are highly unlikely to pay over the duty earned now, by the 5th of April
Gaz

30th Mar 12 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo

To be fair, that looks like a farm veichle and at a guess he provably have quads etc to run.
RichR
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
loads of people i have spoke to reckon it was a ploy by the Government to get us to panic buy at the end of the financial year increasing the funds raised.

conincidence or is there any truth in it i dont know

it is an interesting theory which does hold some logic...
thats some corsa_nut conspiracy shiz right there.

tbf factually, it has sound reasoning but in reality the fuel companies are highly unlikely to pay over the duty earned now, by the 5th of April

The cynic in me is thinking the same; £32million of extra revenue yesterday which you could say is only coming from fuel sales that would have happened anyway but over a longer period of tiem. Problem now being that demand is up and supply is down so prices will go up again and there will be another windfall with the enxt lot of fill ups.

I'd guess the price will take a while to come down again so the tax revenue is a definite benefit to the governemt.

I'd be more taken with David Cameron if he came out and said that Francis Maude was an uninformed dickhead and that the panic was made worse by his comments than trying to say that givernment involvement has had no effect
Steve
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i blame the media more then the govt
spencer88

30th Mar 12 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friends drove into a station today and filled their boat up
RichR
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have to take three MoD Ribs down later and brim their twin 275litre tanks ready for delivery back on station so about 1500litres of fuel and we'll caus mayhem
spencer88

30th Mar 12 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
We have to take three MoD Ribs down later and brim their twin 275litre tanks ready for delivery back on station so about 1500litres of fuel and we'll caus mayhem

Clearly panic buying.
corsajay88

30th Mar 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris evans said this morning 'i am not a panick buyer but yesterday i bought petrol not because i needed it or because everyone else was but because there might not be any left when i do need some'

You are a panick buyer you fuckin ginger tosser.
Bonney

30th Mar 12 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Was some woman who tired to transfer the fuel from jerry cans in her kitchen, some how they caught on fire and shes in hospital with 4th degree burns. (Had to be a woman)

From what I've seen, it was because she had the stove lit whilst transferring the highly flammable liquid in her kitchen

Well, that's what happens when a woman leaves the kitchen.........hold on.............
Paul_J

30th Mar 12 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was doing 9300 rpm this morning on the way to work to demonstrate how much this panic buying / fuel strike scares me.
RichR
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

Clearly panic buying.

I think we're actually planning to do it to take the piss, its all on account and we do have to deliver the boats back with full tanks so they can go straight back into service plus as they're MoD, they can't limit the amount we can have
chrisritch

30th Mar 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

harrisp

30th Mar 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I filled the work van right up as I usually do and there was only a couple of other vehicles in the petrol station in wales yesterday.
Dad had to go and fill the car up and two jerry cans (one for the generator and one for a 2 stroke pump) said he looked like he was panic buying
Steve
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went to Suzuki yesterday to get some gearbox oil, and they dont sell the oil in 1 litre bottles, so they offered to sell me 3 litres out there big barrel if i provided them with a container, only suitable one i could find was a jerry can so took that, got some jokes when i turned up with it and some funny looks on the way out, some guy even stopped me and asked if they were selling me fuel i dont think he believed me when i told him it was oil
Nath

30th Mar 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit I forgot you had that Suzuki.
Nic Barnes

30th Mar 12 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lies
Nath

30th Mar 12 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No he really does.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics of suzuki in my project thread tbh

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » fuel tankers strike 23 database queries in 0.0113051 seconds