corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Reasons why aftermarket HID's should fail MOT.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reasons why aftermarket HID's should fail MOT.
nathy_87

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 12 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've noticed a big difference with 6k HIDS in my Fabia, and have had no problems with other drivers too.
Jambo

2nd Apr 12 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stan_the_man
My Corsas lights are perfectly good IMO. A set of uprated bulbs are all that is needed.

Hate HID's with a passion.

What a bizarre thing to hate.
big eck

2nd Apr 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hids are the single best mod you can do to a car that doesn't have them already. Wouldn't have a car without them now.
stan_the_man

2nd Apr 12 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's cockends with HID's that blind everyone who say the original headlamps are shit, and yet they never venture out of a 30mph limit which is streetlit anyway.

Coz itz cool innit.
Mertin

2nd Apr 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My H7R's passed mot, no problems with Beam pattern and never been flashed for dazzling drivers in 18 months
Removed now as plod are pulling people for them now, even pulling people with factory xenons to check. Shows they cant tell the difference! Cheap ebay kits are maybe guilty for having a shit beam pattern
stan_the_man

2nd Apr 12 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the thing, if they make a decent image then they're fine. It's tits who don't even know what an image is and proceed to blind everybody.
big eck

2nd Apr 12 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've fitted a few hid kits to non hid headlights and never once blinded anyone or been flashed by other motorists for doing so.
Ben G

2nd Apr 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got flashed loads when I had factory fit bi xenons, never with ebay hids though.
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Apr 12 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Polo has them as standard and tbh, i thought they would have been alot better than what they are. Not all that great on un-lit roads. Over-rated and wouldn't put me up nor down now if i bought a car that didn't have them.
Dan H

2nd Apr 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had bi-xenon HIDs in my last corsa and loved them, make driving on un-light roads so much better/safer, you can see further amd see amything thats on the road. They were out of Pattern for the MOT but got that sorted and passed mot, had a few people flash me, most people buy 35w HIDs which aint that bright, but if people buy the 55w HIDs then they will be blinding people everywhere they go, 55w shouldnt be sold unless they are being put in projector headlights as 35w hids in projectors are garbage

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Reasons why aftermarket HID's should fail MOT. 22 database queries in 0.0102520 seconds