corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » POLISHED BLISS -FERRARI ENZO NE PLUS ULTRA *FINISHED VIDEO*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author POLISHED BLISS -FERRARI ENZO NE PLUS ULTRA *FINISHED VIDEO*
BluKoo

User status: Offline
20th Apr 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
why is he recognised as being one the best? because he charges the most and posts the best edited pictures on internet forums?

i bet you couldnt tell the difference between a rch h detail for a couple of hundred and this

He doesn't charge the most. Polished Bliss are very competitive in their pricing. And the fact that you still think they edit the pictures is a compliment to their work
John

20th Apr 12 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The picture that was posted from the office at the start of the detail and the one posted form the office saying it was different at the end of the detail had either been edited or taken in such a way that it looked completely different.
BluKoo

20th Apr 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume you're talking about these two images.

The pictures were taken 12 days apart and they were taken on an iPhone. Depending on the how sunny it was that day compared to the other, or even the time of day it was will effect how bright the image appeared as there are windows and skylights in the studio and office.

You can even see how the quality of and depth of the shine has been improved significantly. You can't edit that in.

[Edited on 20-04-2012 by BluKoo]
Mertin

20th Apr 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
here is a question, say for example someone had a ferrari enzo and you took a both doors off , you then got polished bliss to detail one door and then someone else (another company) or someone competent with a machine polisher to detail the other and then you done a survey to see if people could tell the difference in who done what panel do you think they would be able to spot the polishedbliss detailed panel over someone elses?

Its not all about how it looks to the eye, also about how long the finish and protection will last (as already mentioned)
Anyone can get a car shiny but whether it offers any protection, removes defects with minimal damage or lasts for a few years is another thing
Steve
Premium Member

20th Apr 12 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe competitivly priced compared to the other goons eg vxrmarc and his mate, but not to most of them out there who do it without using swimming pools.

I dont have anything at all against detailing, but i struggle to see how anyone thinks they are getting any better results paying your brother 4k, just because he has to keep a fancy studio and a range of swimming pools and fancy hoovers, over someone like rich h who charge a reasonable amount because they cut out all the bullshit
Nath

20th Apr 12 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
maybe competitivly priced compared to the other goons eg vxrmarc and his mate, but not to most of them out there who do it without using swimming pools.

I dont have anything at all against detailing, but i struggle to see how anyone thinks they are getting any better results paying your brother 4k, just because he has to keep a fancy studio and a range of swimming pools and fancy hoovers, over someone like rich h who charge a reasonable amount because they cut out all the bullshit

In that case fair play to PB. Coining it in.
John

20th Apr 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely, if people will pay and are happy to believe that you take 144 hours doing 60 hours work then fair play.
BluKoo

20th Apr 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would they lie about it taking them longer to do a detail than necessary?
It just means it costs the client more and they're slower at their job.

Unless you can prove they didn't spend 144 hours on the car, then don't make comments like that.

They're untrue and slanderous.

quote:

The "swimming pools" you talk about are to catch the chemicals used during the wash stage. That water gets pumped into a water tank and is then properly disposed of. It's something they do to help the environment.
There's nothing fancy about it.

John

20th Apr 12 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My opinion isn't slanderous.

I'm just running some numbers in my head and they don't make sense.
BluKoo

20th Apr 12 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you need anything explaining then feel free to send an email to enquiries@polishedbliss.co.uk

I'm sure they'll break it down for you.
John

20th Apr 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite happy to live with the figures I've made up in my own ignorance tbh.
BluKoo

20th Apr 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough.
Fro

20th Apr 12 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I'm quite happy to live with the figures I've made up in my own ignorance tbh.

Russ

20th Apr 12 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont see how you can say he is recognised, i wouldn't recognise him.
BluKoo

20th Apr 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
i dont see how you can say he is recognised, i wouldn't recognise him.

My use of "recognised" was fine, but i've changed it to "regarded", just for you

https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&q=recognize&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&ei=0nWRT8NV5rDRBbH_xdIB&ved=0CDAQkQ4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=836f8e286b2c344e

Russ

20th Apr 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was taking the piss renton
BluKoo

20th Apr 12 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you were being pedantic for the sake of it
SetH

20th Apr 12 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Wept, I really do not get the haters on this one.

Why is it suddenly human nature to ridicule anything that is off a very high standard/quality in life? Is this something to do with the Internet

Mertin

20th Apr 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
Why would they lie about it taking them longer to do a detail than necessary?
It just means it costs the client more and they're slower at their job.

Unless you can prove they didn't spend 144 hours on the car, then don't make comments like that.

They're untrue and slanderous.

quote:

The "swimming pools" you talk about are to catch the chemicals used during the wash stage. That water gets pumped into a water tank and is then properly disposed of. It's something they do to help the environment.
There's nothing fancy about it.

Just my 2p here but theres a local detailer who used to be mobile and say hes in the same league as rich h and he has just got himself a unit in an industrial site and sepa have required him to have a wash mat to stop anything going down the drains. So its not something that high end detailers do
Nath

20th Apr 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH

Why is it suddenly human nature to ridicule anything that is off a very high standard/quality in life? Is this something to do with the Internet

Steve ridicules everything tbf.
Mertin

20th Apr 12 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by SetH

Steve ridicules everything tbf.

And he starts crying and threatens to delete his thread when people ridicule his "track car" in his project thread
Steve
Premium Member

20th Apr 12 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really theres a place and a time, when someone puts something up in general chat its open to opinion, a project thread is not the place for some of the shit you lot come out with, blu koo even welcomed an opinion in one of his early replies by basically asking us doubters why we hadnt replied and suggesting its because the video had changed our opinions

[Edited on 20-04-2012 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

20th Apr 12 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And regarding the project thread if it annoys people that much about not seeing it on track, why go in there and keep looking at it and commenting the same shit over and over again
Tomnova16
Premium Member

20th Apr 12 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
Glad your here Tom. 3CM's question about it being quicker for a respray got me thinking, so I did a little research and I got this...

quote:
Originally posted by Streetrod
Ok I have sprayed a number of cars, but I am not a professional, but my cars have been painted to show winning standards. If this Enzo's body is in good shape, i.e. it has no damage then you would not need to strip the car down to bare carbon fibre. But you would need to flat sand the body to create a perfect flaw free base. You would then spray on a sealer to lock in the base coats. This would be followed by 2 - 3 coats of primer which again would be flatted to come up with a perfect base. This would then be followed by 2 - 3 coats of colour. If you were being a perfectionist you would then have to colour sand this colour coat to a perfect matt finish. Once that is flawless you would then spray 2 - 3 coats of clear. Once again you would flat that to remove any trace of orange peel followed by a machine polish and wax. If done right you should end up with a perfect finish.

So how long and how much would this cost. I would expect a minimum of 300 hours work at £50 per hour so that's £15000 in labour with added costs like paint etc expect to pay a minimum of £20,000 from a good paint shop. Now remember that just for paint and does not include any body work

Does this seem right to you?

Sounds right to me. Place I was at before was around £60 an hour on ferraris
We did a £20-25k colour change on an enzo from red to blue.

And the old only have a little amount of paint on the car so you see the carbon is bollocks as we didn't take it back to carbon and you could still see the weave.
Also I did an f50 last year. Large bumper repair it had been done about 5 times before and the weave could still be seen.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Mertin

20th Apr 12 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your project thread is a sub forum of general chat, so must fall under that category. I just go in to read the comments made by others, not really interested in your ocd antics

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » POLISHED BLISS -FERRARI ENZO NE PLUS ULTRA *FINISHED VIDEO* 23 database queries in 0.0156720 seconds