corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay annoyance

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay annoyance
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
26th Apr 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The prices arent that bad considering the protection you get.. However they *could* be cheaper its not like they are having profit warnings

I also think its very unfairly weighted towards the buyer especially consdiering the sellers are financing the place!
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 12 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20% fvf is terrible considering its an auction based solely online
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 12 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its also the buyers that get the protection the very people that arent paying for the privellage

the sellers are funding the buyers protection!

[Edited on 26-04-2012 by Steve]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Apr 12 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buyers do great, that's my problem.
DaveyLC

26th Apr 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
20% fvf is terrible considering its an auction based solely online

However in a 'real auction' is most cases the buyer will pay the comission.
Jambo

26th Apr 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just ordered a hole say from Amazon, its been an hour, think I should ask them if they have dispatched it yet?
John

26th Apr 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would need hundreds of millions to even attempt to start something up to even attempt to compete with ebay.

The prices are bad, hate when people say they aren't, 20% to sell something with little protection if the buyer is an idiot is far too much.
Carl

26th Apr 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never mind the fees, its the lack of protection for sellers that concerns me! It's so easy to steal from someone it's unreal.
Toby
Premium Member

26th Apr 12 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last time someone was a twat to me on eBay I just listed him as non paying and got my fees refunded as he didn't dispute it for some reason.

I don't really care if I get a negative feedback these days. You only have to add your reply to it for it to be cleared up. Also watch their auctions and buy everything they have for sale
Graham88

26th Apr 12 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just sold a set of M3 wheels, got what I wanted for them, listed as Cash on Collection.

Guy wins it with a last minute bid, I messaged saying please don't pay by Paypal, get an email 2 minutes later, transaction has been paid for with an email 5 minutes later saying sorry mate I already paid, when can I collect?

So he paid by Paypal and is collecting them anyway? IDIOT!!

Anyway refund the payment and he agrees to pay cash on collection like I asked as Paypal charged me £12, and eBay charged £31 for selling the item.

Rings me today saying they're not going to fit on his 320D so he doesn't want them. I want my fees back so I mutually cancel the transaction which means I can't leave any form of feedback for messing me around

I do like eBay as I don't know anywhere else you can sell stuff so well to such a wide audience, but people like this fuck me off.
A2H GO

26th Apr 12 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't mind the fee's so much, nowhere else would I be able to earn money selling the items I do, it's more that attitude of the buyers. They expect the world for nothing and it's all a culture eBay themselves have drummed up. Amazon buyers are completely different.
Adam_B

26th Apr 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think ive ever had a when are you posting it message, maybe change your listing to postage in 1 working day?
Jambo

26th Apr 12 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The packaging that eBayers demand is laughable too.

Orange Uk send out phones in a plastic bag (albeit in thephones box obv) but on ebay if yousent a phone in a courier bag it would be neg feedback city.
Jambo

26th Apr 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
dont think ive ever had a when are you posting it message, maybe change your listing to postage in 1 working day?

Cant always make the post office the following day, plus if they read one working day and they pay at 11:50pm they will 100% be expecting you to post the item the following day.

That would leave me gaping like Chloe after the 17th hybrid alsation/human hybrid spawn.

[Edited on 26-04-2012 by Jambo]
am4nf

26th Apr 12 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anty
Premium Member

26th Apr 12 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i state 2-3 days depending on the item.
also when i have given the tracking code, etc, i dnt get any feedback, after ive asked them, im not a business seller,
Jas

27th Apr 12 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an e shop for 6 months, was all good apart from these people.

Also if you don't get consistent 5 star ratings ebay will all certainly close your account.
Xs

27th Apr 12 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eBay took down my auction for sunglasses as they said they were fake and banned me for a month... Weren't fake just I wanted rid of them, not my fault the auction didnt hit full RRP so they said thats a tell tale sign of fakes.

I hate eBay!!
A2H GO

27th Apr 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep TBF I got busted selling Dre Beats Tours on there for less than RRP but then they were fake

Bloody good though, so now stuck with 20 sealed boxes if anyone interested
A2H GO

30th Apr 12 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E-points for anyone who can predict the outcome of this case:

Had an email from Hussian Ali today:

"Hi received item but only one of the two parts was there, can you please sort this out"

Sent one back saying I'd look into it and get back to him. I did look into it and responded with:

"Hi
I'm back at the office now, We always take photos of all our packages before they go out and we always double check the orders before they're sent. I can confirm that the both parts were definitely included. We also have a copy of the receipt showing a weight of 150g which is the standard weight for the two items plus packaging as recorded with eBay. Both of which can be provided.
Please kindly check.
Regards
Ash"

At which point he responded with:

"Ill let eBay sort it" and opened a case.

If it was a cheap item I'd be happy to send another regardless but were talking £60.

Who's guessing he ends up getting his money back anyway?
Blade_sri

30th Apr 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fees to high!

Sold a few items over the weekend, sold 13 only 3 people have payed!

Then get messages off them asking when it will get posted! FFS you ain't even latest for it!

Gonna stop selling on it
A2H GO

30th Apr 12 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not just that, Royal Mail prices are silly, posted 5 items the size of a pack of cards today, £30.
Carl

30th Apr 12 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hussain Ali is going to get his money back!
Jambo

30th Apr 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
Hussain Ali is going to get his money back!

Hussein Ali
A2H GO

30th Apr 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You reckon it make any difference he signed for the packet therefore accepting all the contents were there?

Proba doesnt make a difference knowing eBay. Thing is it cost £60 and was in two parts, the part he's claiming didn't turn up is £20, I bet he get all £60 back and I get a neg for the pleasure. Gotta love eBay but it is a means to an end until I can get the website up and running.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay annoyance 22 database queries in 0.4145172 seconds