corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Show me your home cinema set up. Here is my latest impulse buy.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Show me your home cinema set up. Here is my latest impulse buy.
kennySRi

User status: Offline
5th May 12 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Fair enough it does have better quality. But whats wrong with the quality of a normal tv

I mean, does the stupid amount of money you probly spent on that make your life that much different when you watch eastenders or what ever??

What an odd view to have on this

Are you like this with everything in your life? Are you just happy to have what you have and never want to better it? Wanting better sound is the same principle of wanting a better car, kitchen, house, etc.

It's like having a corsa and wanting to make it faster by fitting a bigger engine
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

5th May 12 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No im not like that with everything. Just with things like sound systems and tellys realy. I dont realy see the point in them, you cant spend that much time watching telle that it makes that much of a change to your life. I know that there is clearly a change in sound quality and all that but personaly imho it wouldnt realy make that much of a difference that i would spend that much money on it
sc0ott

5th May 12 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arent you into bmx'ing or skating?
baza31

5th May 12 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can afford to buy something then buy it. I personally buy bose myself . It does sound quality and true enough the comments on other brands being cheaper and as good quality but I think Bose also is a bit of a pay for brand like a fashion accessory . But if the owners happy then that's all that matters?
baza31

5th May 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No im not like that with everything. Just with things like sound systems and tellys realy. I dont realy see the point in them, you cant spend that much time watching telle that it makes that much of a change to your life. I know that there is clearly a change in sound quality and all that but personaly imho it wouldnt realy make that much of a difference that i would spend that much money on it

That's called personal choice. I wouldn't go spending 1000s on a bike or £50 on a haircut or 1000s in a corsa etc but people do . Also of course it wouldn't change his life but if he watches movies n lots of tv/games then why not ?
Balling
Premium Member

5th May 12 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a thread about this here:
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=625054

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

5th May 12 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott

Yes i am a bmxer? Whats that got to do with anything though :s
Russ

5th May 12 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't let a Turkish man burn hair off my neck and ears or eat a well fired cheese piece but some weird fuckers on here would.
cpcrampton

5th May 12 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf russ. Smoke much?
BeetleGav

5th May 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love bose. like my dock and headphones
Cavey

5th May 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

The point he's making is that you probably spend hundreds on a bike, when a £50 BMX could do the same job, as a £2000 bike.

Hence the comparison to people spending lots on technology when you don't want to.
kennySRi

5th May 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Im sorry but you are talking some crap here. People have different hobbies and interests. Some people like sound systems, some like cars, some like biking and so on. Just because you dont see the point doesnt mean there isnt a point in buying these things. I understand that you have your opinion but that doesnt mean you can try and argue your opinion just on the account that you have no interest in it.

And for the record i think i will watch tv more than i do anything else in my life so your only reason isnt even correct.
cpcrampton

5th May 12 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did not expect this but thanks for directing me to the previous thread. Very interesting set ups some people have.

Wait until you see the projector set up
John

5th May 12 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Projector but only 2.1?

I've aquired a projector. Need to fashion a screen.
cpcrampton

6th May 12 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah only 2.1 , it's a cheap hdmi projector and I use my white plastered walls as a screen. Only really use it for big football games, boxing etc if people are coming around.
kennySRi

6th May 12 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant go wrong with a projector really, i've had one for around 5 years now and it's the best thing iv ever bought. Instead of using a white wall you could just buy a roll of the screen material, it's not so much to buy and will be worth it.
taylorboosh

6th May 12 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great. Lot of jelous people in here
sc0ott

6th May 12 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
quote:

The point he's making is that you probably spend hundreds on a bike, when a £50 BMX could do the same job, as a £2000 bike.

Hence the comparison to people spending lots on technology when you don't want to.

Exactly my point.

Why spend £600 on a haro bike when you can buy an apollo bmx from halfords for less than £100.

Like you say, youre only going to be watching the tv in your spare time, just like youre only going to be riding your bmx in your free time. Are you going to notice the difference in doing a tailwhip? No chance
Carl

6th May 12 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've a cheap ae system 2.1, cost about 100 but is spot on. Obviously not immense but really good value.
taylorboosh

6th May 12 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy what you can afford imo... If you can afford bose then good on you
Sunz

6th May 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Looks great. Lot of jelous people in here

Jealous*
Sunz

6th May 12 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy what you can afford even if you won't notice a difference of understand why it's any more expensive from a technological or engineering point of view, would just seem to say I got it because of the brand, much like beats head phones for example.

OP's set up looks nice, a lot of buttons on that remote, just need to find something decent to view on it now.
taylorboosh

6th May 12 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His money imo
Sunz

6th May 12 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure is, his happy with it so it's all good.

I wasn't saying OP got it for the name, just a lot of people in general buy top of the range items and then don't end up using the extra functions they paid for as they have no idea what they have bought.
taylorboosh

6th May 12 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Sure is, his happy with it so it's all good.

I wasn't saying OP got it for the name, just a lot of people in general buy top of the range items and then don't end up using the extra functions they paid for as they have no idea what they have bought.

He's*

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll