corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England Squad

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author England Squad
Whittie

User status: Offline
16th May 12 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
If glen Johnson is in I'm going to go ape shit

idiot
Tom

16th May 12 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Roy getting his excuses in really early! I know exactly how this goes, Steve i'm affraid you're gonna be very dissapointed this summer.

So we won't win the Euro's and it'll be Roys fault?

Fuck man. I'm on a downer now.

I'm talking about his standard approach to management than what he's got to work with i.e. let's play down expectations as much as possible by whatever means necessary. He's not a big club/team manager, the sooner people realise that, the better. Everyone's ready to give him the benefit of the doubt which is fine, but I know from experience that he hasn't got the balls for a job like England. I'm by no means suggesting that England should win anything, they're obviously not going to, but Roy will frustrate everyone who follows england with his old school tactics and blame his players when it doesn't work.
Jamie Walby

16th May 12 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Krim
Personally want Grant Holt to go but I am a norwich fan, just feel like he should be given a chance tbh.

I started saying that a few months ago to wind my mates up but after a while I started to believe myself and I now genuinely want him to go.

And that little whipper snapper that plays for Swansea, Dyer?
Jamie Walby

16th May 12 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Roy getting his excuses in really early! I know exactly how this goes, Steve i'm affraid you're gonna be very dissapointed this summer.

He's not a big club/team manager

He's never managed a big club?

edit - oh, apart from Inter.

[Edited on 16-05-2012 by Jamie Walby]
Whittie

16th May 12 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

He's not a big club/team manager

He's never managed a big club?

edit - oh, apart from Inter.

[Edited on 16-05-2012 by Jamie Walby]

He 'can't' manage a big club. He's tried and failed, a few times.
Jamie Walby

16th May 12 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I am saying. We can't judge him on something he hasn't done yet?
chrisritch

16th May 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor, poor bait.
Jamie Walby

16th May 12 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No bait, just fact.
Tom

16th May 12 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He signed Poulsen and Konchesky for us that should tell you all you need to know about his ambition.
Whittie

16th May 12 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and sold Mascherano
Jamie Walby

16th May 12 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
He signed Poulsen and Konchesky for us that should tell you all you need to know about his ambition.

How much did he pay for those players?
Ojc

16th May 12 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Personally want Grant Holt to go but I am a norwich fan, just feel like he should be given a chance tbh.

I started saying that a few months ago to wind my mates up but after a while I started to believe myself and I now genuinely want him to go.

Too many beers gone to your head, Grant Holt is a poor mans Kevin Davies
Jamie Walby

16th May 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
quote:

Grant Holt - 15 league goals this season

Kevin Davies - 6.

You are a poor mans Steve Williams.
Jamescorsa97

16th May 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a feeling it's going to be Terry & Cahill main centre backs for England. Hodgsons going to use 3/4 of Chelseas back line. Can pretty much see that a mile off. As always the centre of midfield is going to be our massive problem area yet again. Lampard and Gerrard both going and I pray that hodgson doesn't use the "Golden era" boys togther as that's pretty much failed over the past 10 years. Other guys to go, Barry? carrick? parker?

I think carrick has actually gone under the radar all season and been a very solid player next to scholes. He's one of the best technical midfielders England have and based on his performances I think he should defo get a place.

Not sure what to make on the topic of scholes being offfered a place, what do you guys think?

Then we get to wingers............

Downing - Appauling season, doesn't deserve a place
Lennon - I am of mixed opinion
Walcott - Another I'm undecided
Milner - Massive lack of matches played
A.Johnson - Another with lack of matches played.
Chamberlain - Of what I have seee of this guy hes looks bloody impressive. I was really impressed with him ina CM role or just behind the strikers though. Seems to have alot more quality on the ball than Walcott, again not played every game.

Strikers - I think we should be taking our form players into thsi tournament I think grant Holt deserves a chance at least to show something in the friendlies. Look at his performances against the top defenders this season, he's been really impressive and gave them a nightmare of a day. 2nd highest scoring englishman behind Rooney. Many shouts for carroll all because he has had a good 3 games at the end of the season? not quite sure tbh. Lots of shouts for Bent, even though it will reqire him to get fit and hit the ground running having being injured most of the season? Crouch; international record speaks for it's self, I think he deserves a place. Danny Wellbeck, deserves a place for his performances upfront with rooney this season. Lastly Jemrain Defoe, lacking games again this season but outside shot of getting in I think.

Would love to see a squad of
GK - hart, Ruddy, Foster/Celtics young keeper)
DF - Richards, terry, Cahill, Cole, Lescott, Jones, Baines
MF - A.O.Chamberlain, Lampard, Parker, Carrick, A.Johnson, Gerrard, Milner, A Young, Barry
CF - Rooney, Holt, Crouch, Wellbeck

All in all i don't think many of the people that will be in the England squad have had impressive seasons with the exception of 3 or 4. At least this tournement England will not have huge expectations on them.

[Edited on 16-05-2012 by Jamescorsa97]
Tom

16th May 12 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

How much did he pay for those players?

He paid about £5m for Konchesky and threw two really good promising kids of ours in too! He gave Juve £5m for Poulsen and sent Aquilani the other way with the option to buy. He hasn't got a clue, don't let the fact that he reads books fool you, the mans an idiot.
Tom

16th May 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamescorsa97
Have a feeling it's going to be Terry & Cahill main centre backs for England. Hodgsons going to use 3/4 of Chelseas back line. Can pretty much see that a mile off. As always the centre of midfield is going to be our massive problem area yet again. Lampard and Gerrard both going and I pray that hodgson doesn't use the "Golden era" boys togther as that's pretty much failed over the past 10 years. Other guys to go, Barry? carrick? parker?

I think carrick has actually gone under the radar all season and been a very solid player next to scholes. He's one of the best technical midfielders England have and based on his performances I think he should defo get a place.

Not sure what to make on the topic of scholes being offfered a place, what do you guys think?

Chamberlain - Of what I have seee of this guy hes looks bloody impressive. I was really impressed with him ina CM role or just behind the strikers though. Seems to have alot more quality on the ball than Walcott, again not played every game.

Strikers - I think we should be taking our form players into thsi tournament I think grant Holt deserves a chance at least to show something in the friendlies. Look at his performances against the top defenders this season, he's been really impressive and gave them a nightmare of a day. 2nd highest scoring englishman behind Rooney. Many shouts for carroll all because he has had a good 3 games at the end of the season? not quite sure tbh. Lots of shouts for Bent, even though it will reqire him to get fit and hit the ground running having being injured most of the season? Crouch; international record speaks for it's self, I think he deserves a place. Danny Wellbeck, deserves a place for his performances upfront with rooney this season. Lastly Jemrain Defoe, lacking games again this season but outside shot of getting in I think.

MF - A.O.Chamberlain, Lampard, Parker, Carrick, A.Johnson, Gerrard, Milner, Walcott, Barry

All in all i don't think many of the people that will be in the England squad have had impressive seasons with the exception of 3 or 4. At least this tournement England will not have huge expectations on them.

If I were him I'd be picking Baines for LB and Lescott to partner Cahill. I guess he'll just do as he's told though and pick all the old boys.
Jamescorsa97

16th May 12 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After coles performance against Barca, you have got to admit that there is noway anyone in the England set will see past it though.
Nath

16th May 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
quote:

Wait what? You don't like a Norwich player?

Weird.
chrisritch

16th May 12 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc, what happened to Connor Wickham in the end? Haven't heard much of him
Whittie

16th May 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
Ojc, what happened to Connor Wickham in the end? Haven't heard much of him

He's kept a very warm bench at Sunderland all season, so glad we didn't buy him in the end
Steve
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when he came on against united he was dog shit
Rickavo

16th May 12 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

MF - A.O.Chamberlain, Lampard, Parker, Carrick, A.Johnson, Gerrard, Milner, Walcott, Barry

No a.young??
Jamescorsa97

16th May 12 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rickavo
quote:

No a.young??

Yeah just realised the mistake and edited!
Robbo

16th May 12 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holt
Jamescorsa97

16th May 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the face you pulled when he ripped the arsenal defence apart at the emirates?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England Squad 23 database queries in 0.0184259 seconds