corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » convertible roof dye.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author convertible roof dye.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
28th May 12 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly - and I am with Chris about removing the reason you bought the thing.
Nismo

28th May 12 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer mine with a hardtop on stays so much warner in the winter, and i don't get frost on the windscreen, but then i don't drive it in the winter

The soft top sat us on you just fold it down and put the hard top on.
Brett
Premium Member

28th May 12 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think convertibles with a hardtop look better than a non-convertible or a convertible with just cloth, maybe just me.

Not really a big deal lifting it off is it, it's a few mins, plus going back to what you said about this week, you generally know first thing if it's gonna be a nice day so you'd just do it and leave it off in the garage or somethin (well i would).

It's cool tho, each to their own, but it's not a big deal like people are making out.
Ben G

28th May 12 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree about the looks. a hardtop z4 does look a lot better than a fabric roof.

Ian W

28th May 12 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took my hardtop off last week and I'll likely leave it off until the end of September.

I bought my Z4 because I wanted something with two seats and rwd, convertible functionality was not the selling point to me - I'd of bought a coupe if they where not so much more expensive.

Plus the hardtops look great
Brett
Premium Member

28th May 12 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id apply the hardtop comment about any bmw tbh, look awesome.
MatthewR

28th May 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there such a place like Corsasport for Z4's mate? Have u seen f anyone would want a swap?

Or maybe sell your on ebay and buy a black one with the money
djgritt
Premium Member

28th May 12 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Not really, you simply lift the top off on the 5% of the year it's sunny and ride around with the car looking 5 times better with the hardtop the rest of the year.

we've had good weather here for a week constantly so far. every night and morning i'd have to take the hardtop off and as ian w said, it's not as light and small as it looks.

for winter, yes they are perfect, but for extended periods of mild weather, it isn't worth the hassle.

If the Hardtop fits with the Ragtop in place (folded) then you don't have to be removing/fitting it daily during the summer surely?

Can't you just remove the Hardtop, stor it for a few weeks of sunshine and use the Ragtop, then refit the Hardtop at a later date?

Or am I missing something?
Jambo

28th May 12 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Green roof Thats so cool. Dont dye it FFS!!

You need a better picture. It looks like it is grey in that picture
Ian W

28th May 12 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben - There's a group buy on hardtops from Germany running on the Z4 site if your gonna be wanting one...

I need a wind deflector for mine but there not cheap
Ben G

28th May 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did see that group buy. Only problem is there are no sterling grey/black ones for sale so would meed to add spraying on top of the price.

Happy with the rag top atm though so that'll probably be a purchase for next year.

Jambo, its hard to picture the colour. Its definitely a dark green colour, so of like mallard green will get a picture later.
LeeM

28th May 12 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those hardtops look so cool, I'd get one of those for sure! While it's sunny I'd just stick it in the garage and put up with a green roof
Fro

28th May 12 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best time to buy a hard top if you were intending on having one for the future. Prices usually go up towards winter.

Not sure if I'd dye it or not with it being a rare colour, how much is a good condition black roof? Could end up quids in or break even at least?
Rob E

28th May 12 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you thought about having a new mohair roof fitted in a different colour?

There is a guy in Swansea called Jack Smith who is untouchable on price and quality. He makes them all by hand too. I had a maroon mohair roof supplied and fitted on my MX5 by him for the grand total of £260. Most companies wont even supply a mohair roof for that money.

He is raved about within the MX5 and MG TF community, I've never seen anything but praise with people driving over from Germany just to have him fit a roof

He will also pop a roof in the post if you don't fancy travelling and sourcing a fitter locally.

If your interested I'll dig out his telephone number. He is old skool and doesn't do internet

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » convertible roof dye. 22 database queries in 0.0163231 seconds