corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Red Victor 3 - officially (except on here) fastest road legal car IN THE WORLD

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Red Victor 3 - officially (except on here) fastest road legal car IN THE WORLD
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jun 12 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changing to slick tyres and a different exhaust system for taking it on the strip is hardly a massive amount of change It's like complaining about people who take their headlight out when going on the strip to get a better air intake. Ok, it's not 'road legal' for a few minutes, but hen put the light back on and it's alright again.

Calm down, Ben 'BMW' G

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
jonnieboy

5th Jun 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It all depends how the officials define it to be a road legal car at the end of the day.

If they decide its a car that has passed its MOT, has tax and is insured to go on a public highway, then it is road legal.
craig8
Premium Member

5th Jun 12 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you watch the video? It's not much louder than a bike with a straight through exhaust on tickover and isn't even revving much when on the road

Edit- should have been quoting Ben g on this

[Edited on 05-06-2012 by craig8]

E36 328
Mark.W

5th Jun 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy shit
Ben G

5th Jun 12 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig8
Did you watch the video? It's not much louder than a bike with a straight through exhaust on tickover and isn't even revving much when on the road

Edit- should have been quoting Ben g on this

[Edited on 05-06-2012 by craig8]

I'm not disagreeing with that. Im just pointing out that its not road legal as it ran and achieved those figures.
Robin
Premium Member

5th Jun 12 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't say it was.

Is it MOTd? Yes
Is it insured? Yes

Regardless of having to change the tyres (not sure why you'd need to change the exhaust system?) it's road legal.

How is that so hard to comprehend?

Does that mean if you go on a track day and swap the wheels for a set with slicks on, your car isn't road legal?
SportBoy

5th Jun 12 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh deary me
Ben G

5th Jun 12 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Calm down im simply saying it isnt road legal as is was at that day. It cant do those times with road tyres on and no wheelie bar, so how can ot be the fastest?

It may well be taxed and motd etc. but I can do that, then replace my engine with a zebra and put slicl tyres on, then take my lights out and drive around at night. Does that make my car road legal?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Jun 12 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Didn't say it was.

Is it MOTd? Yes
Is it insured? Yes

Regardless of having to change the tyres (not sure why you'd need to change the exhaust system?) it's road legal.

Does that mean if you go on a track day and swap the wheels for a set with slicks on, your car isn't road legal?

it isnt road legal if it has slicks on as you cant drive to and from the event with full slicks
Robin
Premium Member

5th Jun 12 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being road legal and being a full blown, competitive, pro mod class drag car are never going to happen at the same time.

It can be driven on the road though, so it is road legal, thus, it is the fastest road legal car in the world.
Robin
Premium Member

5th Jun 12 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Didn't say it was.

Is it MOTd? Yes
Is it insured? Yes

it isnt road legal if it has slicks on as you cant drive to and from the event with full slicks

Of course it is, it's still a road legal car, whatever you do to it at the track day/drag strip. If it has tax, mot and insurance, its road legal.

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

5th Jun 12 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Calm down im simply saying it isnt road legal as is was at that day. It cant do those times with road tyres on and no wheelie bar, so how can ot be the fastest?

It may well be taxed and motd etc. but I can do that, then replace my engine with a zebra and put slicl tyres on, then take my lights out and drive around at night. Does that make my car road legal?

Why would you want to replace your engine with a zebra?
SportBoy

5th Jun 12 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought that ... a puma would be a better choice..
Ben G

5th Jun 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

Why would you want to replace your engine with a zebra?

sCeNe MoDs m8
Nic Barnes

5th Jun 12 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a road legal car though Gilbert? Thus making it the fastest car with mot and tax etc?
Jambo

6th Jun 12 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it not VXR branded anymore?!
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 08:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is technically road legal in so far as its within the guidelines and rules that allow. But I don't agree with them. Imo to claim a road legal time you should have to race the car with no changes allowed to its road legal form. Eg you should be able to drive to the event compete and drive back with no alterations At the point it set the time it wasn't road legal it wouldn't pass an mot like that and if he didn't remove all that stuff after it wouldn't remain road legal

[Edited on 06-06-2012 by Steve]
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bored now. It's road legal. The end,
Ben G

6th Jun 12 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
It is technically road legal in so far as its within the guidelines and rules that allow. But I don't agree with them. Imo to claim a road legal time you should have to race the car with no changes allowed to its road legal form. Eg you should be able to drive to the event compete and drive back with no alterations At the point it set the time it wasn't road legal it wouldn't pass an mot like that and if he didn't remove all that stuff after it wouldn't remain road legal

this is what i was getting at, but robin decided to throw a hissy fit, toys all over the place, handbags etc.

Robin
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beato

6th Jun 12 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I agree with this.

Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big deal being made out of small technicalities tbh.

THE INTERNET

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
richc

6th Jun 12 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Beato
quote:

I agree with this.

BeetleGav

6th Jun 12 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was the thread title meant to be read in jeremy clarksons voice? . . . . IN THE WORLD
thegsi

6th Jun 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...and all built in good ol' Wolvo!

PS: FIA? Santa Pod? Fuck that Corsasport members know the score and rulez.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Red Victor 3 - officially (except on here) fastest road legal car IN THE WORLD 23 database queries in 0.0143249 seconds