corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mate of mines gone missing.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mate of mines gone missing.
Tiger

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess that's got to be as accurate as GPS then which is pretty accurate isnt it?
John

23rd Jun 12 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's probably a triangulated location from telephone masts, accuracy varies massively, from probably very close in the city centre to being not so close if it's in the country. Normally accurate to a few hundred meters I think.
BarnshaW

23rd Jun 12 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would expect the worst
Tiger

23rd Jun 12 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the positivity Barnshaw, I know it's becoming increasing more worrying but there could be a number of circumstances in which we shouldnt expect the worst.
Tiger

23rd Jun 12 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know no-one on here will know him but there's a few users local to Hinckley or the surrounding area.

http://www.leics.police.uk/canyouhelp/appeals/9172_missing_from_home__christopher_aubrey/
Jamie-C

23rd Jun 12 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope he turns up safe and sound. I know exactly how it feels when someone you love just disappears out of the blue.
Dan
Premium Member

23rd Jun 12 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In a way, i can see the think the worst side of the story, i guess if your prepared for the worst, anything else is going to be a walk in the park.

I hope it doesnt come to that. Been a few lads go missing round here recently as well. :/

Hope you find him soon, as i dread to think what his family/friends are going through

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Gaz

23rd Jun 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry tiger but get of this website and get out looking for him, the weather is horrible and I would hate to think that if his head is in a bad place right now then he won't be thinking of getting into shelter.

I do hope he is safe and well though for his and his family's sake
Ben G

23rd Jun 12 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
I would expect the worst

bit harsh that mate. i know what you're saying but you always need to have some belief he'll turn up safe and sound.
jrdn7

24th Jun 12 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Friend of mine was in a bad way recently, nearly went missing & if she did it would have been fatal. Hope he's found soon Tiger, I'm not religious but I hope God, or whoever he prays to, is with him.

Do the local peelers not have a helicopter with radar and heat-seeking equipment? That's how we found the last bloke (my mate) who went missing here.
SetH

24th Jun 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barnshaw is becoming a bit jake loxham recently tbh
Tiger

24th Jun 12 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a search this morning but turned up nothing. It's just a waiting game now.
SetH

24th Jun 12 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kerry

24th Jun 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CORSA NUT

24th Jun 12 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He might have just had enough of the shit world we live in and wants to get away for a short while, maybe even commando style? Is he at all like that? Or is he a pampered home type boy with no skills?

Just stay positive mate.
sc0ott

24th Jun 12 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose him not being found can be a good thing in a way
DaveyLC

24th Jun 12 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope hes alright but generally when people say they are going to 'run away'/'kill them selves' they are just looking for attention and havent actually got the balls to do it.
gtitim

24th Jun 12 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I deal with missing persons all the time. Some run away from problems, others dont want to be where they are ( ie at home, in care etc) others do take their own lives - i have known (and found) several who have done this. Phone triangulation is a good sign. If there's a ping, it means the phone's on. If its on the move, then all the better, just a case of finding them. Police do everything they can to find 'mispers', but our resources are stretched without the extra workload. People dont realise this. not all forces have access to helicopters either - often they will try to get one, but the costs are horrendous - £1000s per hour.
Dan
Premium Member

24th Jun 12 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
the costs are horrendous - £1000s per hour.

Which is more than worth someones life, if they are on the verge of suicide or mentally unstable etc.

Rather see my tax money being spent on people who need it, than the scum bags that abuse it

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
N3CRO

24th Jun 12 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Suppose him not being found can be a good thing in a way

No news is good news, so they say.
N3CRO

24th Jun 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:

Which is more than worth someones life, if they are on the verge of suicide or mentally unstable etc.

Rather see my tax money being spent on people who need it, than the scum bags that abuse it

Dom

24th Jun 12 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:

All very true but unfortunately they work to a budget so it's not always possible.

Tiger - hope they find him....
gtitim

24th Jun 12 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately one isnt always available. We have asked for one on various occasions - both neighbouring forces have been out of service / committed / pilots out of hours / low on fuel etc. Have on occasion had Coastguard in too, but they have 100+ mile flight to enter our area, so are limited on time in the air, so generally wont come unless life/death. Missing persons are graded low/medium/high risk in my force. Unless theres a reason to grade high ie self harmer, suicide note, pills/knives missing etc, then most will be medium risk. Police will be looking and working through a series of tasks of enquiries, however, unless high risk, every officer will not be out looking. Harsh as that seems, its not an offence for someone to go missing, or for someone to decide they want a fresh start and to effectively 'disappear' from everyone they know.
Edd

24th Jun 12 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brothers mate done this, was found hanging from a tree 5 mins from home.

Prepare for the worst.
Generation

24th Jun 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People say 1000's is worth it per hour, you thi k how many people go missing for attention (not saying your mate is) if they sent a helicopter out everyone costs would be massive per year. It's silly for their POV.

Of course I hope your mate is fine, it will soon get to the point when hardest bit is not knowing if he is alive unfortunately

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mate of mines gone missing. 23 database queries in 0.0155740 seconds