corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is it time for the end?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is it time for the end?
Mertin

User status: Offline
7th Jul 12 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a reason it only gets used a few times a year? Could start using it more or is it undriveable as a daily with how its setup?
big eck

7th Jul 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just see the Corsa B as a starter car for the younger generation. They're cheap and can be made to look pretty awesome and some on here are seriously quick, but as you get older the insurance gets cheaper and you soon realise that theres much better cars more available to you. That's what it meant to me anyways.

[Edited on 07-07-2012 by big eck]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is it holding you back? room?
Warren G

7th Jul 12 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
Use it more? Enter a race series? Sprint it?
Built to abuse, so abuse it!

Got a Race car with Paul J.......so kinda spend money racing that.....

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
What you going to get instead?

good question

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Don't you have time to go for little random country road blasts? The main issue I can see is you'll need to break it, because you'll end up with loads of idiots trying to buy it for a grand.

Not realy, though could make time, but its almost too fast for road use.....

you can drive it to the maxium on the roads safely, well i cant anymore, getting old and dont take as many risks!

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
Is there a reason it only gets used a few times a year? Could start using it more or is it undriveable as a daily with how its setup?

because i cant be arsed to get it out normaly lol, not undrivable, but cant take it say out for a meal, cant just leave it anywhere...

couldnt just go for a drive somewhere and park up with people looking, feeling embrassed

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
how is it holding you back? room?
RichR
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My moment came when I went to demonstrate a boat to South Wales Police on the Menai Strait. I couldn't get into the car park of the marina as the front bumper was too low and all I got was shit off the two marine cops for 2 days straight-that's when I realised I wasn't in a position to drive a 'chavved up' Corsa anymore, regardless of the fact that I still miss that car and never thought of it as particularly chavved up, it just didn't suit me, my life or my job anymore
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean why not keep it and get something else. Just use it for track days.
Warren G

7th Jul 12 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont have free space,
Ian W

8th Jul 12 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love and another XE'd Corsa but it would have to be a second car where I didn't notice the outgoing.

If it cost me money that I felt could be spent elsewhere I would give it up and go for something better tbh...

[Edited on 08-07-2012 by Ian W]
pete8v

8th Jul 12 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

round my area theres a granny thats got a 1.6 sport with full irmy kit including alloys lights everything never to old imo
Paul_JC

8th Jul 12 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pete8v
round my area theres a granny thats got a 1.6 sport with full irmy kit including alloys lights everything never to old imo

Imo that's a fair bit different as she probably has no idea that it's not standard... there is an old couple (mates grandparents) local to me with a modified fiesta. As far as they knew it was just like that when it was new....
Nic Barnes

8th Jul 12 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
I just see the Corsa B as a starter car for the younger generation. They're cheap and can be made to look pretty awesome and some on here are seriously quick, but as you get older the insurance gets cheaper and you soon realise that theres much better cars more available to you. That's what it meant to me anyways.

[Edited on 07-07-2012 by big eck]

the getting older thing is a load of bollocks. I'm 32, i have no issue at all driving round in a corsa. I'm not really troubled what other people think of me though which perhaps most others are. the old "he can't have made it in life" I'm guessing. sad times eric, sad times.
Ojc

8th Jul 12 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by birchieboy
i always think this........

how much money would i have to spend to get something quickier.......

i couldnt live with getting rid of it to get something slower!

davegreen
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with nic there your never to old to drive a corsa no matter how modified it is! Im nearly 40 and got 3 of them, B C & D. All on the road. My family are all vauxhall lovers from the days before the Vivas and Veloux's my uncles and mum still love the modified corsa's.
Nic Barnes

8th Jul 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all to do with "what other people think" in big ecks type of people im guessing.
big eck

8th Jul 12 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic your a right nob jockey as per. Read my post correctly and you see that it was my take on it. Nothin was said about what others thought. I could have bought any kinda of chavved up Corsa with a fast engine but I'd rather have a bit of both worlds and buy something that suits my needs. You want to tinker about with a car that's constantly breaking then that's your choice.
Jon_C
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only reason i sold my Corsa was because i felt too old to be driving a noisy little Corsa. Although i ended up replacing it with a noisy little s2 rst which was just as bad
corb

8th Jul 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get rid of mine tomorrow if I didn't feel so emotionally attached to the bastard thing. Would love a TVR / Westfield / Dax etc. but would need to see the back of the corsa first. Reasons I want rid of mine: its unreliable, not practical, unsecure (dont want to park it up anywhere)...
Jon_C
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it back on the road Corb ??? Be nice to see some new pics of it. Not seen it in years
Nic Barnes

8th Jul 12 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Nic your a right nob jockey as per. Read my post correctly and you see that it was my take on it. Nothin was said about what others thought. I could have bought any kinda of chavved up Corsa with a fast engine but I'd rather have a bit of both worlds and buy something that suits my needs. You want to tinker about with a car that's constantly breaking then that's your choice.

oh i didn't read your second reply

[Edited on 08-07-2012 by Nic Barnes]
Warren G

8th Jul 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Is it back on the road Corb ??? Be nice to see some new pics of it. Not seen it in years

I have his engine....and its rebuilt, so maybe sometime soon!
Jon_C
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheeeeeey. Is it all still kitted up?
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jul 12 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is - its not a main car so you've not *got* to drive it anywhere.

So the question is - do you enjoy it enough to justify having the money tied up in what its worth and secondly paying to keep it on the road for limited mileage.

I plan to run mine as a third car when its re-built, can probably tolerate tax and insurance but also, mine won't be worth as much.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is it time for the end? 22 database queries in 0.0695529 seconds