corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who said Corsas handle good?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who said Corsas handle good?
CORSAguy93

User status: Offline
24th Jul 12 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

turned into a country lane once about 20mph was soaking wet, had to slam on for a tractor coming the other way. whole car just slid sideways, guy gave me double thumbs up haha. but after i got some decent wheels and tyres its not happened since.
Jon_C
Premium Member

24th Jul 12 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie......... You have a corsa ???
Toby
Premium Member

24th Jul 12 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Whats that Phil?

A spring on the rear axle to body that adjusts brakes slightly depending on how much weight is in the car. But they are usually rusty and seize so dont work.

Well it works on the height of the car, the lower the more bias it give to the rear allowing it to lock when breaking.

This would have an effect in this circumstances as he didnt brake.

Lift off oversteer is only going to happen even in a corsa if your going faster than you should under the circumstances
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

24th Jul 12 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby

Well it works on the height of the car, the lower the more bias it give to the rear allowing it to lock when breaking.

Mines shocking for this,that's how I span my brothers. :/ As soon as I hit the brakes hard I can feel back end twitching and loosing grip.

What would you recommend to make it better? Better brake set up etc?

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
john_c20xe

24th Jul 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lift of over steer is fun if you know how to correct it, try a 106 gti in the wet they love going sideways
Jamie-C

24th Jul 12 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was the first time I've ever experienced it, just took me by surprise as I was driving so slow Going to have to make some improvements along the line.

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Jamie......... You have a corsa ???

Erm.... yes
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

24th Jul 12 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit tyres?
Jamie-C

24th Jul 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Accelera tyres on the rear and Kumhos up front, don't know if there decent or not tbh, were on the wheels when I got them. Will get something thats recommended when they go bald.
tom130691
Premium Member

24th Jul 12 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines sweet on coilies, proxies and 2.0 brakes
only a 1.2 up front so no weight to cause it to wash out at the front, oversteer is very predictable on the few occasions it comes out, i hit round abouts pretty hard tbh
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

24th Jul 12 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Accelera tyres on the rear and Kumhos up front, don't know if there decent or not tbh, were on the wheels when I got them. Will get something thats recommended when they go bald.

Meh probably partial contribution.
Toby
Premium Member

25th Jul 12 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
quote:

Mines shocking for this,that's how I span my brothers. :/ As soon as I hit the brakes hard I can feel back end twitching and loosing grip.

A lot of people extend the bracket on the car returning the spring to its correct position (pre lowering position) under the car, this should give the correct amount of bias to the rear and should also work properly when required i.e. more weight.

Theres a guide in a haynes manual.
andy_mk3

25th Jul 12 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tyres will make a huge difference tbh! I went from Kumho's to Pirelli P Zero's and the difference was incredible tbh!
Scotty_B

26th Jul 12 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shite tyres on the rear made mine step out at stupid slow speeds on roundabouts.
john_c20xe

28th Jul 12 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
quote:

A lot of people extend the bracket on the car returning the spring to its correct position (pre lowering position) under the car, this should give the correct amount of bias to the rear and should also work properly when required i.e. more weight.

Theres a guide in a haynes manual.

shouldnt be breaking hard on corners anyway, just asking for trouble, if you break, the weight transfer changes to the front making the rear end light

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who said Corsas handle good? 23 database queries in 0.0113719 seconds