corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » AppSung

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AppSung
A2H GO

User status: Offline
8th Aug 12 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
SamPle woulda been better title

It's just the #tag being used on twitter for the trial.
Nismo

8th Aug 12 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find the funniest part to all of this is that they sue each other then continue to work with each other developing parts for the internals of the phones

Nismo

8th Aug 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps (for those picky members0 i know thats a 4 but iirc the memory is still samsung in the 4s.
Balling
Premium Member

8th Aug 12 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Samsapple - Think slightly differently

http://teamcoco.com/video/samsung-denies-apples-charges-copying

Munchie

10th Aug 12 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u clicked that link above?

the M&M's advert is a beast!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Aug 12 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://teamcoco.com/video/chaz-returns-again

Russ

10th Aug 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt even smile
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Aug 12 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats because you're a miserable cunt mate
John

14th Aug 12 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apple going to a technology demo, stealing the idea and then claiming it was their own, sounds strangely familiar.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/13/samsungs-defense-against-apple-patents-begins-with-diamondtouch/
A2H GO

14th Aug 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sounds to me like they built on/improved pre existing ideas, which is pretty much all anyone does.
Balling
Premium Member

14th Aug 12 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Just sounds to me like they built on/improved pre existing ideas, which is pretty much all anyone does.
Except Apple are suing other people for doing so!

Dom

14th Aug 12 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Except Apple are suing other people for doing so!

And then claiming it was their idea in the first place
Balling
Premium Member

14th Aug 12 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly.

A2H GO

14th Aug 12 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd do the same if I thought I could win tbf. They were the first to implement it into mobile technology.
Dom

14th Aug 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd do the same if I thought I could win tbf. They were the first to implement it into mobile technology.

Not always, no.
John

14th Aug 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably hard to find something they have been first at.
LeeM

14th Aug 12 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking, everyone gives usb cable type chargers now and apple were the first to do that. surprised theyre not suing on that basis
Rob_Quads

14th Aug 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One could argue anything they have patented they were first at. If someone else had mentioned it beforehand the patent would not be granted

(If stuff is granted where the patent office didn't find the prior art thats not Apples fault thats the Patents office)

Anyone who has registered a patent will know its a bloody minefield as soon as the lawyers get involved
John

14th Aug 12 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because they managed to patent it first, as you've just said in the next sentence, it doesn't mean they done it first.
Dom

15th Aug 12 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
..... thats the Patents office...

That's the issue here, patent offices being a bit reckless with what they grant. As mentioned earlier, Apple managed to patent a swipe to unlock method yet Neonode's swipe to unlock patent is near enough the same; anyone with common sense would see that.

Tbf it would surprise me if there are backhanders between big corps and patent offices in getting patents passed.
Rob_Quads

15th Aug 12 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The patent system is very very complicated. While two might look similar they could be very different in terms of claiming a patent.

Having worked through a getting a few items patented its a complete nightmare. So many different complicated ways of saying things and the laywer speak is annoying i.e. a patent was blocked from being registered in the US to do with a progress bar ( with marking it with a time stamp) because someone else had a patent for the timeline in a video edit suite but they mentioned the word progress bar (for timeline) which then blocked the new patent even through they were clearly two completely different ideas.

The problem here is simple. If a patent was granted when it shouldn't, the patent office needs to null any such patent.
Rob_Quads

15th Aug 12 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Because they managed to patent it first, as you've just said in the next sentence, it doesn't mean they done it first.

Correct BUT once it has been granted they have to be seen to defend their patents. If you don't and its seen they are happily allowing patent violation then the patent can be null and void.
A2H GO

22nd Aug 12 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Samsung are seen to get away with this it will open the doors to an array of companies blantantly copying to cash in and knowing they can get away with it, which ironically will dent Samsungs profits too. They've shot themselves in the foot here, win or loose it's bad for them.

Anybody follow the live blog of the closing statements last night?

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/21/3254424/apple-samsung-trial-closing-arguments

I particularly liked Apples defence, to Samsung saying Apple want them out of the game, "we're not trying to get Samsung out of the game, were trying to get them to compete using their own innovations".

"We have to protect our investment in innovations because if we don't we won't have people like Apple spending 5 years in a room coming up with a phone that revolutionizes the world"

"They copied our product but what they're saying is, we don't want to pay. It took 5 years to create the iPhone. Samsung took 3 months to copy it"

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by A2H GO]
Dom

22nd Aug 12 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Samsung's product(s) aren't a direct copy, what ever way you look at it. At most, they're similar (even then i personally don't see it apart from the bevel on the i9000) and if Apple does win then it'll put in doubt the 'similar' term. As Samsung said "...All of the TVs look the same. They're all boxes. They're all flatscreens. They're all minimalist designs", which is true. It'll open a whole can of worms for other industries.

Tbf, both just need to STFU and carry on making decent products.

Edit - When does the jury give the verdict anyway? end of the week?

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by Dom]
A2H GO

22nd Aug 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I guess there are different ways of looking at it.

It just gets me how Samsung knew they were copying(and Google even warned them) and so intentionally made things slightly different so they couldn't be caught out. Like how Apple pointed out the phone is the same Shape with rounded corners and Samsung countered with, the iPhones corners are all exactly the same whereas ours are all a tenth of a millimeter different.

The jury have to fill out a 31 page document, can't see them getting that done anytime soon. There is no limit, it could be a day, a week or even months.

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by A2H GO]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » AppSung 25 database queries in 0.0384629 seconds