corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People on here with shit spelling and grammar

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People on here with shit spelling and grammar
James

User status: Offline
9th Aug 12 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Balling is just an English person living in Denmark TBH, he has been revelling in our praise.
Robbo

9th Aug 12 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
I think a lot of it is due to laziness, although schools do play a massive part. When I was at school, I found that teachers didn't really seem bothered with grammar, when they check your work they just put punctuation etc on your work. Didn't explain why they were doing it, just done it and gave it back to you.

Also things like the differences between there, their, they're, your and you're. If I'm honest in English at school all we seemed to do is read poems and watch family guy, no joke.

Also my grammar etc was quite bad before I started using this site, I would happily admit that talking on this site and the internet has helped me with stuff more than school did.
P.S this does not reflect all schools, just my personal experience.

checked
did
Robbo

9th Aug 12 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
I think it is because most people have grown a custom to text speak and that is the way they learned to 'spell' then when they attempt to write a correct sentence it all goes to pot
accustomed
Robbo

9th Aug 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I think Balling is just an English person living in Denmark TBH, he has been revelling in our praise.
having been in DK last month, i can fully see why. almost every single tv channel, song, advert and shopfront etc. is entirely in English never have i come across another nation that can speak english to such an impressive degree. both written and spoken english was superb, little sign of an accent too.
baza31

9th Aug 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also couldn't care, if I can understand what someone's wrote I couldn't care if it's slept wrong. It's not an exam and people that do care must have simple lives
Robbo

9th Aug 12 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not soooo hugely fussed about grammar or spelling, my major bugbear is the appalling and pithy lack of vocabulary in youngsters!
Balling
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Benefits of living in a tiny country with our own language.
If you don't speak something universal, you're fucked.

That said, we have the lazy, undereducated morons too, that hardly speak let alone type ANY language...

Robbo

9th Aug 12 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
I also couldn't care, if I can understand what someone's wrote I couldn't care if it's slept wrong. It's not an exam and people that do care must have simple lives
written
Balling
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James

Never even been to Britain though, ironically...

Matt L

9th Aug 12 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo in correcting spelling/grammer .

Got to agree though, majority of kids now will be funked in the future, its quite worrying that you can become a teacher within like 6months and to be honest, I think it is more a fact that teachers are unable to do anything now, like they cant use red pen/correct kids work how the funk are people supposed to learn , we're just bringing up a generation of utter mongtards.
Robbo

9th Aug 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been through this a million times - my spellign and grammar are top notch... my typing however is not
Robbo

9th Aug 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Couldn't care about spelling its the lies & deceit of some people that i don't approve off.

ps of
Balling
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if I can understand what someone's wrote I couldn't care if it's slept wrong.
The thing is. There's a fine line between you understanding what is written or you thinking you understand what is written.

Whenever communicating, be it in text or verbally, if you do not posses the means to phrase yourself correctly there will always be a chance of misunderstandings.
Of course, when explaining how sick your new engine mod is, this doesn't have the same importance as when trying to tell something a little more profound, but I don't see a reason why NOT to express yourself clearly and correctly.

Ben G

9th Aug 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i write all my posts in lower car because i'm lazy.

most people know about my mobile phone typing antics and as it takes ages to correct it (whilst i'm trying to work), i tend not to bother.

people who type in txt speak on an internet forum are just retarded.
Ben G

9th Aug 12 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i don't think words sleep mate. sorry to disappoint you
SetH

9th Aug 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my experience most people 24 years old and under are fucked. Brought up on Blackberrys and text speaking. 'Young' blackberry users that I know do not use the predictive texting and they claim it is easier to text speak even if this adds extra characters to a word

To be honest when I am on a forum, I type fast and often make a few typos and grammatical errors.

If I am sending an email to a Customer then I spend more time and thoroughly check it.
djgritt
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the repeated misuse of 'seen' or 'been' instead of 'seeing' or 'being' that annoys me.

Otherwise, I just deal with it. It's all too common to see mistakes, so trying to correct them all just takes forever, and efforts are generally ignored too.
Gaz

9th Aug 12 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll admit that I'm lazy when It comes to spelling, typing is just another thing I do badly as I type far to fast for my brain to spell.

However I also believe its to do with two other key things though, I do not read books and I use predictive text/auto correct on both my phone and laptop so use the technology available to me to fail miserably!

Edit: I also don't check before I hit submit!

[Edited on 09-08-2012 by Gaz]
Ben G

9th Aug 12 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brought and bought gets on my nerves.

you'd have to be a serious down syndrome to get those wrong.
Jambo

9th Aug 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few people in here still clinging on to the facade of the "Maths?! WTF I aint never gunna need dat in da futur, why do I av to do an exam? Pricks" mentalilty
mwg

9th Aug 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
I think a lot of it is due to laziness, although schools do play a massive part. When I was at school, I found that teachers didn't really seem bothered with grammar, when they check your work they just put punctuation etc on your work. Didn't explain why they were doing it, just done it and gave it back to you.

Also things like the differences between there, their, they're, your and you're. If I'm honest in English at school all we seemed to do is read poems and watch family guy, no joke.

Also my grammar etc was quite bad before I started using this site, I would happily admit that talking on this site and the internet has helped me with stuff more than school did.
P.S this does not reflect all schools, just my personal experience.

checked
did

You're the last person that should be correcting people on spelling and grammar
Nath

9th Aug 12 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fuck does oRbbo think he is doing?
AndyKent

9th Aug 12 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think its schools or text speak at all.

Its purely laziness and/or sloppiness. It doesn't stress me that people can't be bothered to type properly, because I know it more than likely spills over into their lives as general.

I bet theres a strong collelation between laziness at spelling and laziness at washing.
John

9th Aug 12 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You would have been taught that well before getting to reading poem level.

In general, the majority of people are just a bit simple.
Cavey

9th Aug 12 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lose and Loose is the one that really gets to me, probably because i spend half my time on this site browsing in Sports day

I think it's half and half tbh, the worst offenders are the new people to the site, who are in general (driving corsas) 17/18, so they're going to be lazy and type in text a lot. In fairness if people want to use the site more then they do usually learn quickly and start typing properly

[Edited on 09-08-2012 by Cavey]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People on here with shit spelling and grammar 23 database queries in 0.0157921 seconds