corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Project Managers

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project Managers
James

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
So is this something you're actually going to do James? Or is it like your posts which bang on about being a property developer?

I'm going to do it. Hopefully I'm also going to property development. Sadly, PRINCE2 costs about £2k and property development will cost around £200k.

I don't live in Hull so I can't start property development with the change in my pocket
Aaron

22nd Aug 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, I wasn't even fishing, it was a genuine question based on your seemingly relentless drive to be something which maybe you aren't

Good luck with it then I'll stay where I am in Hull, and forever bow down to folk from the wonder that is Surrey
James

22nd Aug 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see how it's a relentless drive to be something that I'm not.

I already do project management as part of my role, I was just interested in getting an industry recognised certification.

The property development thing is something that I've always been interested in as some of my family do it, but it's not something that will happen overnight.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2k?! I think you're looking in the wrong place
Aaron

22nd Aug 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate, I've quite obviously misunderstood each and every one of your e mails over the last few years which goes on about the next things which you're going to buy, the next thing which you're going to do, or the next glamorous career which you're going to so quickly embark on and climb to the top of.

See you on Property Ladder. Squeeze Sarah Beeney's udders for me

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by Aaron]
James

22nd Aug 12 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get where all this comes from?

Hammer was banging on about me talking about Porsches and portfolios in my thread about train prices and when I asked what he was talking about he never replied.

I can't believe I get stick for stuff like this when people like Colin post almost daily threads about Porsches and no-one bats an eyelid.

I am ambitious with my career, I'm not going to pretend I'm not, that's why I'm always asking about masters degrees and other various qualifications. The industry I'm in is annoyingly competitive which means I have to keep doing shit like that to get ahead.
Aaron

22nd Aug 12 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably because you're a southerner tbh

Only kidding

Being ambitions is great, but understand that everyone doesn't want to hear about it I work with people who do this to an unbelievable level, and the general perception of them is that they're just a set of cunts, who think that they're something they aren't. Perhaps i see your posts as a text version of the shit which comes out of their mouths on a daily basis. But, maybe I'm wrong about you.
James

22nd Aug 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can think of at least 2 people that are worse than me for stuff like that on this forum
Aaron

22nd Aug 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only names which spring to mind are the late Cosmo and white shoes Robbo tbh

James

22nd Aug 12 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 if you include those 2
Aaron

22nd Aug 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, those are the only yuppies I can think of, unless you're pointing to north of the border, and I still can't think of anyone up there tbh.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well who are they then?
James

22nd Aug 12 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are a couple of names that are always quick to post in any threads related to salary and/or income tax.
Nath

Bought your Tag watch yet James?

Nath

quote:
Originally posted by James
There are a couple of names that are always quick to post in any threads related to salary and/or income tax.

Ben G.
James

22nd Aug 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Bought your Tag watch yet James?

Nope.
SetH

22nd Aug 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus wept, this is what is wrong with CS.

Aaron maybe you have had too much exposure in real life to these cunts that you talk about?

I don't see anything wrong with James banding about a few ideas of what he wants to do with his life on here.

Good to get peoples feedback and share ideas as long as it's not troll like (which is the reason I post anything career related in prem).
James

22nd Aug 12 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH this is the only forum I use, most of the people on here are of a similar demographic to myself.

For these reasons, sometimes it's good to get the thoughts of people on here. I don't think there are many forums where you can post a thread about something and almost guarantee that at least one person will have experience something similar or have some knowledge of it.
James

22nd Aug 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had also forgotten about the guy with a portfolio of Rolex watches
Aaron

22nd Aug 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Aaron maybe you have had too much exposure in real life to these cunts that you talk about?

Maybe so mate, maybe so. Or maybe I'm spot on right with what i've had to say in this thread? Such is the beauty of an opinion. I've little doubt that I won't be the only person on this forum who has this opinion, and yet, I'm confident that others will have the same opinion as you.
Aaron

22nd Aug 12 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or maybe i've watched Fight Club too many times
James

22nd Aug 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the stuff I'm interested in is either:

- Cars
- Electronics/gadgets
- Property related stuff
- Careers

With the exception of careers, there is a sub forum for all of that on CS. I don't want to have to avoid asking for opinions on a new watch or a new TV just in case people think I'm a yuppy, that seems a bit ridiculous doesn't it?

You get a balanced view on somewhere like this. If I posted for TV advice on AVForums then everyone would suggest I buy a top of the range Sony. If I asked for watch advice on some watch forum, everyone would suggest Rolexs etc.

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by James]
Aaron

22nd Aug 12 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
Most of the stuff I'm interested in is either:

- Cars
- Electronics/gadgets
- Property related stuff
- Careers

With the exception of careers, there is a sub forum for all of that on CS. I don't want to have to avoid asking for opinions on a new watch or a new TV just in case people think I'm a yuppy, that seems a bit ridiculous doesn't it?

You get a balanced view on somewhere like this. If I posted for TV advice on AVForums then everyone would suggest I buy a top of the range Sony. If I asked for watch advice on some watch forum, everyone would suggest Rolexs etc.

Yeah maybe you're right. I think my point is that some of your posts (certainly this one) are aimed at such a small number of users on here, perhaps to the level where it makes you feel somehow superior.

You must know that only a handful of users on here posses the qualifications that you're talking about.

Like I said though, maybe I've got the complete wrong end of the stick about it.

Before anyone slags me, PM has been part of my career for about 6 years now (IT management and deployment for 4 years, and now managed services, although my involvement isn't as much as I'd like at the moment). Granted that I don't have Prince2, but PM was an integral part of my degree.

Aaron

22nd Aug 12 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and yes we do have computers in Hull

James

22nd Aug 12 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I knew this post would only be relevant to a small number of users, but I didn't in any way want to sound superior. If I thought that was the case I never would have posted it.

I could have gone onto a project management forum and asked the same question but I probably would have got a barrage of information, most of which probably wouldn't help me much.

I knew there were a few PMs on here and actually SetH's responses were exactly what I was looking for.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Project Managers 22 database queries in 0.0132461 seconds