corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » yet another tattoo thread, for those who have had long sittings. (pic added)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author yet another tattoo thread, for those who have had long sittings. (pic added)
Kieran
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Aug 12 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
Pics of Kieran's tattoos

Already tucked up in bed so cba to get up and take photos
Kerry

27th Aug 12 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

csweatherston

27th Aug 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Snap, i had a 7 hour sitting last Saturday.
Whole arm, worst parts for me were:
Wrist bone, elbow, inner bicep and arm pit.
(In that order)
LeeM

27th Aug 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not going as far as the wrist, only doing 3/4 not sure how close im goin on the inside of my arm to my armpit either.
sc0ott

27th Aug 12 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 3 hour sesh a few weeks ago and we got a lot of the colouring done, more than i thought actually.

You got a pic of the actual design?

If i were you i would do 5 min piss breaks. Half an hour will just tire you even more and going back on to a raw arm will even worse.

LeeM

27th Aug 12 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shes not finished the design yet but its going to be a jap style phoenix in orange/yellow/red and black and white background in usual style, then the obligatory cherry blossoms
nathy_87

28th Aug 12 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
shes not finished the design yet but its going to be a jap style phoenix in orange/yellow/red and black and white background in usual style, then the obligatory cherry blossoms

Have you posted up a photo of this before? Sounds familiar.

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
I had a 3 hour sesh a few weeks ago and we got a lot of the colouring done, more than i thought actually.

If i were you i would do 5 min piss breaks. Half an hour will just tire you even more and going back on to a raw arm will even worse.

I had a 4hr sesh, I didn't have no breaks, just got on with it, but I suppose people have different pain thresholds .
CORSA NUT

28th Aug 12 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck 7 hours I was wasted after 4 on my arm
Kieran
Premium Member

28th Aug 12 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think girls handle tattoo pain better than blokes. My girlfriend had her foot tattoo'd and didn't even flinch. Even the tattooist was like I will never have my foot done again it's the worst place blah blah lol. She took it like a champ!
drunkenfool

28th Aug 12 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine took 5 1/2 hours - the first 4 h ours weren't too bad but the last hour and a half were excruciating to be honest, I almost had to stop That was on my shouilderblade and upper back though, the worst bits were on the very thin skin on the shoulder, so the arm might not hurt as much. I was also told not to drink alcohol or take any asprin as it thins the blood and makes you bleed more. If you really want to get the tattoo then just suck it up and bear the pain
sc0ott

28th Aug 12 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Have you posted up a photo of this before? Sounds familiar.

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott

I had a 4hr sesh, I didn't have no breaks, just got on with it, but I suppose people have different pain thresholds .

Wasnt that just on your outer arm though?

I have no issues with 4 hour sits, it was the tattooist who stopped doing 4 to give other people the chance to book in. Usually takes about 6-12 month before you can get an appointment with the guy.

Starting on the back of your arm with the big colouring needle then working on the inner part of the bicep up to the arm pit was felt a lot more than the outer part of the arm. Elbow bone was the worst, felt like a dentist just drilling away at the bone.
nathy_87

28th Aug 12 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate and slightly on the inner arm which hurt a little.

I must admit though i couldn't do a 7hr sitting. It'd have to be two sets of 3.5.

[Edited on 28-08-2012 by nathy_87]
LeeM

28th Aug 12 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kieran
I think girls handle tattoo pain better than blokes. My girlfriend had her foot tattoo'd and didn't even flinch. Even the tattooist was like I will never have my foot done again it's the worst place blah blah lol. She took it like a champ!

I've got one on the bottom of my foot
sam-smith

28th Aug 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have done loads of long sittings at conventions etc, most recent was probably around the 9-10 mark on my leg,

most i ever did on my arm was a 6, like what people have said before, dont drink alchohol before, make sure you have breakfast and take some sweets or something in, artists will appreciate it too. whilst on that i wouldnt take in something like a laptop or music etc, the guys i used to go to hated it when people did this, you will be in a social environment and should just make good conversation, theres no better distraction than a good chat imo.

you could possibly look at getting numbing spray, the best ones work once the skin is broken so i would say go for aslong as you can without it if you do decide to do it.

im sure the artists have hot drink making facilities so drink sugary tea and munch sweets and you will be ok
sam-smith

28th Aug 12 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kieran

I've got one on the bottom of my foot

I have heard this before, i think its aload of shite though and depends on the person area. i have done long sittings on legs and arms but couldnt do more than 3 a time on my side/ribs
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

28th Aug 12 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found my inner bicep quite pleasant to get done, few nips but once i get comfy i enjoy it.

Tiger

29th Aug 12 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Koi was 5 1/2 hours in one sitting, it wasnt too bad, got cramp though from sitting at the same angle for a while.
LeeM

29th Aug 12 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's part stencil part freehand so I imagine my first hour will be drawing an transferring it on etc. with breaks it probably gOnna be about 6 hours.
At least there's some of you here that have done it, I dont know anyone who's done this long in one sitting.
sam-smith

29th Aug 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's part stencil part freehand so I imagine my first hour will be drawing an transferring it on etc. with breaks it probably gOnna be about 6 hours.
At least there's some of you here that have done it, I dont know anyone who's done this long in one sitting.

trust me mate arms are easiest part to get tattooed, just get chatting etc. it wasnt until my ribs and long days at conventions til i used numbing spray
LeeM

5th Sep 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck me, turned into 8 hours, did have about 45 off to go for lunch.
fuckin painful and im absolutely shattered elbow was definitely worse
nathy_87

5th Sep 12 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brave or Crazy mofo, I cant decide.
LeeM

5th Sep 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill get a pic up when im home, just at my mates havin tea.
goin in for another 8 hours colouring and shading in a few weeks
LeeM

5th Sep 12 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres some more of the feathers on front of my forearm out of shot

csweatherston

5th Sep 12 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, Be prepared for a lot to "drop out" on the elbow.... Then your artist gets to do it again
LeeM

5th Sep 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it does ill just have to have gaps

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » yet another tattoo thread, for those who have had long sittings. (pic added) 22 database queries in 0.0167129 seconds