corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wish i had £4k

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wish i had £4k
jamied

User status: Offline
28th Aug 12 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
It's cool on the internet, but in reality it's a Nova Saloon, would you really want to drive that around?

Agreed.

Mieran

28th Aug 12 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's cool on the internet, but in reality it's a Nova Saloon, would you really want to drive that around?

I bet you a tenner that loon will get more looks and appreciation from other drivers than a M3, will also make one look like its going backwards
Graham88

29th Aug 12 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not doubting that, but when he slows down again I'm still in an M3 and he's in a Nova Saloon What I drive is besides the point, I just see that as a very internet cool car, but in reality who would actually want to drive it.
Mr Clean

29th Aug 12 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is my nova saloon, and if i get suitable place to store it it will not be going anywhere.

as for drivability and looks etc its just immense, went to a vw show about a month ago, i parked the nova in the car park and when i returned i couldnt see it for people looking round it and taking photos.

BMW m3, it would without doubt rip one to bits, and id rather be diffrent and have a nova than a run of the mill m3.

the wheels are not to my taste but im strugling to find a wheel to replace them with.

everytime i fill up for fuel and when im just generally out im guaranteed to be stopped and asked ablout it, thats even before they know what power is under the bonnet !

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by Mr Clean]
jamied

29th Aug 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not doubting that, but when he slows down again I'm still in an M3 and he's in a Nova Saloon What I drive is besides the point, I just see that as a very internet cool car, but in reality who would actually want to drive it.

exactly
chrisritch

29th Aug 12 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

This
Mr Clean

29th Aug 12 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but knowing how much the m3 is and just getting left in the dust by a beige old nova is priceless to me !!
Sunz

29th Aug 12 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What's this based upon, the looks of the Nova and how people perceive it ?
chrisritch

29th Aug 12 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Clean
but knowing how much the m3 is and just getting left in the dust by a beige old nova is priceless to me !!

versus comfort, reliability, handling.

Horses for courses i guess
Sunz

29th Aug 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't realise the topic was £4000 nova vs Bmw M3, which is best ?

Good luck with the sale Mr Clean, lovely machine, I would love something like this if there was anywhere safe to park it around here.
Mr Clean

29th Aug 12 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you sunz, the m3 came up in topic
nathy_87

29th Aug 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf have I started.

I didn't want to start a debate just appreciation for it
Corsa_Sport21

29th Aug 12 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its nice, very cool and what not.

But in reality, what has it got going for it?? Its fast in a straight line and people will look at it at shows etc. Is the attention and straight line speed really worth £4k to people??
Balling
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People here sound like it's £10k!?

It's a unique, seemingly well built collectors item, that can't really be compared to many other cars.

I certainly wouldn't consider it for my only car, but if I had £4k to spend on a toy, this would make perfect sense.

Ricky352

29th Aug 12 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Me for one. Have had a saloon in the past and love them.
James

29th Aug 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mieran
quote:

I bet you a tenner that loon will get more looks and appreciation from other drivers than a M3, will also make one look like its going backwards

It will get more looks because people will think "WTF, how is that old Nova still on the road". It will only get appreciation from Vauxhall enthusiasts.

I don't care how fast it is, it's an old Nova saloon FFS.

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by James]
Nic Barnes

29th Aug 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Compared to an old common BMW which has fast become the council estate car of finance choice?
James

29th Aug 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know if we are talking about a specific M3, but they go up to 2008. The Nova is 1988.

Please go and ask 100 people in the street if they would prefer a 1988 Nova Saloon with a C20LET in or a 2008 BMW M3 and let me know your findings, perhaps you will prove me wrong.
Mr Clean

29th Aug 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pmsl nic, james try an find another nova saloon turbo to the spec of mine, I could buy a m3 any day of the week, that's my point !
James

29th Aug 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To clarify - I'm not doubting the quality of your car, I'm just arguing that most people would choose the M3.

I can appreciate the effort that has gone into your car and most Vauxhall enthusiasts would love to own it, I'm just saying that most non-Vauxhall enthusiasts would choose the BMW.

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by James]
Nic Barnes

29th Aug 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which was also my point.

Edit I mean to mr clean. I think a lot of your problems James is brand snobbery and being concerned about what other people think.

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by Nic Barnes]
Graham88

29th Aug 12 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Clean
BMW m3, it would without doubt rip one to bits

In a straight line, and that's it? If you knew my car you'd know it's not about straight lines for me. If I wanted a car with lots of power then I'd buy one, but the M3 isn't fast, however it's great on track, which is quite good as that's what I use it for?

Everyone has different opinions, there's no need to get up on your high horse about how a Nova Saloon is better than other cars because it gets attention. I didn't even bring my car into it for the record someone else bought that up because I voiced my honest opinion.
James

29th Aug 12 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really GAF what other people think (to a point). As soon as Vauxhall start building cars that are of the same standard as BMW, Audi etc, I will choose the Vauxhall.

Are you saying when you go food shopping you only buy value food because "it fills you up the same as branded food"?
Nic Barnes

29th Aug 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I buy food I can afford James.
Ian W

29th Aug 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love Novas, had six or seven of them in the past and that saloon looks great.

The only people who will appreciate that will be Vauxhall enthusiats however and if I turned up to work in that I would be getting asked why on earth am I driving a 20 year old Nova same as when I used to get asked why I spent every weekend working on some old Corsa when I could have a nice new car

Now I'm older and sensible and see the error of my ways I would rather drive an M3 (the comparison being made in this thread)

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wish i had £4k 23 database queries in 0.0159998 seconds