corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » CDJ's, Need DJ help plox.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CDJ's, Need DJ help plox.
Wrighty

User status: Offline
6th Sep 12 at 06:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jordy you seem to have all these opinions, cdj 800s are best value, controllers are a waste of time but vinyls most professional yet youve not told us about YOUR setup you have and what equipment you can recommend to james??? you seem to be coming across as a well time served DJ here....
LeeM

6th Sep 12 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont use sync on my S4, the new cdj2000 have sync buttons.
the added effects and samples make digital much more fun than vinyl
Rickavo

6th Sep 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM

Don't get me wrong, controllers are the future but Nooooooo to they're more fun than vinyl!!!

Tbh I quite enjoy cdjs/mixer but a controller feels like either a toy or a work tool
JordyCarter

6th Sep 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
Jordy you seem to have all these opinions, cdj 800s are best value, controllers are a waste of time but vinyls most professional yet youve not told us about YOUR setup you have and what equipment you can recommend to james??? you seem to be coming across as a well time served DJ here....

My setup
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/429772_10150617736655617_531690619_n.jpg

I would recommend if you have the money get cdj pioneers there isnt much better out there for cdj. Dont waste your time with controllers.
JamesMc

6th Sep 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once again thanks for the info guys, should be getting some gear next pay packet i get! a few people i know have said they should be selling some old gear so could possibly have some Pioneer CDJ's and hopefully a Numark mixer too just need to invest in some decent speakers and also headphones.

Also feel free to post your set ups guys any inspiration is good

[Edited on 06-09-2012 by JamesMc]
Rickavo

6th Sep 12 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My humble bedroom .....
But I also use my mates studio which I will get a picture of next time

[Edited on 06-09-2012 by Rickavo]
Siberia

6th Sep 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LeeM

7th Sep 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rickavo
quote:

Don't get me wrong, controllers are the future but Nooooooo to they're more fun than vinyl!!!

Tbh I quite enjoy cdjs/mixer but a controller feels like either a toy or a work tool

a mixtrack feels like a toy the same way cheap numark decks feel like toys. an S4, 4trak, ddi or ns6 feels like a good bit of kit.
i see people with 2 1210's and a mixer telling me theyre better than my S4, when they've got no effects, no loops, and no samples. ive got plenty to play with that just makes it better. its more enjoyable and my mixes sound better.
controllers allow more things to be done and better mixes to be played, end of. when it comes to dj'in, cdj's and vinylists act like my grandad, refusing to accept new technology. new cd players and mixers are adding the technology that software and controllers use now i dont know how these purists are gonna cope when theyre playing on cd players with sync buttons
oceansoul

7th Sep 12 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a denon DN-MC6000 (libary photo, not my one). It uses the same components as Denon CDJ's and the mixer is a proper Analog 4chanel mixer. I.e. NOT a software mixer. 2 of the digital decks are on the center 2 chanels, and the back has line/phono in to run extra CDJ/Vinyl decks indepent of the laptop. Useful if the laptop was to crash!
sri boy

8th Sep 12 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The equipment all depends on what music u play as a lot of people usually make there own music with pro acid a was into scouse house makina and hardcore and went from using numark ttx they were more reliable than 1200s and when it all went digital a bought sldz 1200s they were ok then a got pioneer cdj1000 mk3s they are awesome and ave always had a pioneer djm 800 was a really good setup but times moved on and moved into a house and got a kid but am now thinking of buying a full set up as been away from it for 5 years and still got the bug
Carl

8th Sep 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The vinyl debate always does me, it's fuck all about the format it's played on, it's all about the music getting played
JamesMc

8th Sep 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
The vinyl debate always does me, it's fuck all about the format it's played on, it's all about the music getting played

I like the collecting part of Vinyls imo always been a bit of a hoarder for stuff like games, cd's etc sometimes you get some real awesome art and stuff that you just dont get from CD's or digital.
LeeM

9th Sep 12 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that doesnt make you a better dj though
JordyCarter

9th Sep 12 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

True but sometimes tunes only come out on vinyl first before digital. Which is how it should be imo
JamesMc

9th Sep 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I know but i like to hoard stuff :3 didnt mention anything between the two this argument is everywhere i look haha no one like progression in anything.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » CDJ's, Need DJ help plox. 22 database queries in 0.0140450 seconds