corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » giving blood

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author giving blood
ed

User status: Offline
10th Sep 12 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm waiting to be allowed to go again - had surgery a few months ago. Went in to give a few pints a while back and they wouldn't let me
Twiggy

10th Sep 12 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ERRR NOT AFTER ....
SetH

10th Sep 12 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
I can't give blood Would love to be able to do my bit, but as I've received a few units during an operation when I was 16 I'm banned for life.

WTF why are you banned for life? incase you recieved a dose of bum aids
Corsa_Sport21

10th Sep 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i once had to give blood to diagnose some disease i had.

after i'd finished, i walked outside and collapsed this is why i'll never give blood. i felt like crap for a bit after.

Was it to diagnose if you had a vagina??
ed

10th Sep 12 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
I can't give blood Would love to be able to do my bit, but as I've received a few units during an operation when I was 16 I'm banned for life.

If your received a transfusion after aids was invented then you're not allowed to give blood.
Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I felt a bit shit after a couple of times but just figured someone needing blood would be feeling a hell of a lot worse, so in fact, how I feel is nothing in comparison.
IMO.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
ed

10th Sep 12 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

after i'd finished, i walked outside and collapsed this is why i'll never give blood. i felt like crap for a bit after.

Was it to diagnose if you had a vagina??

They probably asked him to make a phone call to book his next appointment.
noshua

10th Sep 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Probably down to not eating much or sleeping. The lad I usually go to donate with came off a night shift and had only a small meal the previous morning, after donating he stood up and felt really weird. He said they put him on a table in the middle of all the other tables (they're in a circle usually) with his legs in the air - like women do when they're having check-ups Felt like a right twat
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
quote:

If your received a transfusion after aids was invented then you're not allowed to give blood.

Yep
Root

10th Sep 12 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum & dad gave blood at every oppurtunity before she became ill.

I want to give blood, I really do, but I'm very petrified of needles. And the idea of somebody taking one eighth of my blood, scares me, I think I could die if I lost that. I dunno, it's mostly psychological and a fear of needles. Else I'd do it.

It's weird because I've harmed myself as a teenager and that was fine, but the idea of a needle, slowly draining blood from you, just puts me off a lot.

Maybe one day when I get the balls.
Liam-Wilko

11th Sep 12 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
quote:

Probably down to not eating much or sleeping. The lad I usually go to donate with came off a night shift and had only a small meal the previous morning, after donating he stood up and felt really weird. He said they put him on a table in the middle of all the other tables (they're in a circle usually) with his legs in the air - like women do when they're having check-ups Felt like a right twat

this happend to me on my verry first time of giving blood lol they put a massive cushion shaped like cheese under ya legs to keep them levitated and if you can not stand after 3 attemps you can not give blood for 6 months after i was fine after 10 mins
SetH

11th Sep 12 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so you lot are starting to scare the shit out of me with this collapsing malarky
ed

11th Sep 12 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never even felt feint after donating if that helps.
adiohead

11th Sep 12 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sis used to give blood all the time, but fainted once. She was told she couldn't give it again (sounds like this is wrong though from Liam's post, or perhaps it's different now)
SetH

11th Sep 12 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I am booked in on the 17th!

I keep thinking this is something I should have done a while ago.

I think we live in a very self-centered world (I myself am guilty of this) so it's nice to give something back to your fellow man/woman and it's only a little bit of your time (and possibly fainting experience lol).
adiohead

11th Sep 12 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good on you Mr Seth
Sam
Premium Member

11th Sep 12 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I generally feel faint quite often, so I'm not sure I'd be able to give blood... Would like to though.

To compromise, I put myself on the organ donor list some time ago so if there are any spare parts then they can be put to use before I'm incinerated.
Liam-Wilko

11th Sep 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
My sis used to give blood all the time, but fainted once. She was told she couldn't give it again (sounds like this is wrong though from Liam's post, or perhaps it's different now)

i didnt pass out mate i dont know the rules about that its self but if you feel sick and light headed after 3 attempts of trying to get up then ya have to wait 6 months before donating again

and anyone who is scared to give blood my advice is eat a okay size meal an half and hour to an hour before and you will be fine that always works for me
Liam-Wilko

11th Sep 12 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well I am booked in on the 17th!

I keep thinking this is something I should have done a while ago.

I think we live in a very self-centered world (I myself am guilty of this) so it's nice to give something back to your fellow man/woman and it's only a little bit of your time (and possibly fainting experience lol).

first step took mate after you give blood you do get a good feeling about your self the fact your blood could save some ones life

i can never thank the doners enough who save my mams life and other people in my familys life's this is why i become a donor and want to get into bone marrow doning
SetH

17th Sep 12 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my appointment this afternoon.

They will look at my arms and go "ROIDZ.... GET OUT"

Plus I am hungover to fuck from Sat still.
adiohead

17th Sep 12 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, the lucky person who gets your blood will feel drunk
RichR
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they actually take blood on the first appointment? I was under the impression that the first time is an assessment etc
Marc

17th Sep 12 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took blood on my first visit.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » giving blood 23 database queries in 0.0126152 seconds