corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » do you ever sit there and think

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author do you ever sit there and think
Demo

User status: Offline
11th Oct 12 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whether you believe in a certain religion or not is your business but why knock someone else's beliefs and call them stupid?

Pretty narrow minded if you want everyone to believe in no religion
Balling
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 08:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
How is it a mystery to you balling if you understand to some level why religious people bang on about their beliefs but not non religious people?
Religious people have a belief, that being a nonbeliever can have bad consequences for you, hence wanting to save other people. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this isn't annoying as fuck, but I can, on some level, understand this.

It doesn't work the other way around, though. I have friends who go to church each sunday and pray before each meal, which I find strange, but it's hardly something that hurts me or anyone else. What's the benefit of getting them to stop believing?

Brett
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
Of cause

Do you know how many pages of results there are for you saying of cause?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because as a non believer you view it as why waste your LIFE with empty promises, doing certain things to keep out of trouble and end up going to heaven. Which is completely unproven

Why waste every Sunday going to church when you could be watching F1 or doing something productive? Why live your life to a set of rules written by someone else and not by yourself?

So in the same light that religious people want me to believe what they believe to 'save' me, I would want them to realise its aload of nonsence so I can save them?

[Edited on 11-10-2012 by willay]
mwg

11th Oct 12 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
.. there is more chance there is a wookie dressed as jesus wielding a cross lightsaber than there is a chance that the bible is real?

No.
spencer88

11th Oct 12 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not fussed if people do or do not believe in a religion.

All the different religions and the views behind them interest me to some extent. Mainly how all different religions come up with a higher power, and if any are true, who is wrong?

I am only against extremists who wish to force their religion or view on to others. If you want to believe in something that is fine, just don't make it affect anyone else.

Why can't people believe in a higher power or mysterious being? I still believe in Santa.
John

11th Oct 12 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are a lot of principles in religion that it wouldn't hurt to follow anyway.

I have more respect for those who have a decent reason for being religious and not because they were brainwashed as a child.
Gary
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
There are a lot of principles in religion that it wouldn't hurt to follow anyway.

Was just about to say that. The bible contains many lessons that would make the world a better place if everyone followed.

I'd be down with the bible apart from the half of it that is complete bullshit. And the going to church thing. And hyms, fucking hate hyms.
Balling
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Because as a non believer you view it as why waste your LIFE with empty promises, doing certain things to keep out of trouble and end up going to heaven. Which is completely unproven

Why waste every Sunday going to church when you could be watching F1 or doing something productive? Why live your life to a set of rules written by someone else and not by yourself?

So in the same light that religious people want me to believe what they believe to 'save' me, I would want them to realise its aload of nonsence so I can save them?
Spending a sunday in church can in some cases be far more productive than watching F1. These are normal and great people, that have a need for believing and thrive on the social life they get from their church. I hardly see that as wasting their life.

If people treat other people well and act as descent human beings, I couldn't care less how they spend their free time.
Of all the people I've met in my life, I've generally found that those with a strong belief are more welcoming, understanding and supportive than those without. I hardly see a reason to outlaw this, just because their good nature comes from believing in something I see as complete bollocks.

fazza

11th Oct 12 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neil h

11th Oct 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Demo
Whether you believe in a certain religion or not is your business but why knock someone else's beliefs and call them stupid?

Pretty narrow minded if you want everyone to believe in no religion

Thankyou saved me having to say something similar.

As a rule of thumb people who preach religion are basically harmless (these days), comparatively the anti-religion mob are for more prone to resorting to being abusive (this thread case in point).
Gary
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noone said they caused any harm?

I just think you need to have a very simple mind to believe that there is a man in the sky and we were started by two naked folk in a garden.
neil h

11th Oct 12 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Noone said they caused any harm?

I just think you need to have a very simple mind to believe that there is a man in the sky and we were started by two naked folk in a garden.

Just proved my point quite nicely
Brett
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's being abusive?
Demo

11th Oct 12 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But then each to their own surely
Gary
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me. Apparently.
neil h

11th Oct 12 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Who's being abusive?

Well so far religious people have been described as: stupid, simple, having half a brain and wasting their lives. All of which could well be considered derogatory/abusive.
Gary
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not mean if its true though
Balling
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think lack of intelligence poses a far smaller issue to the human race than lack of empathy.

neil h

11th Oct 12 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its not mean if its true though

Realistically it's not though is it
adiohead

11th Oct 12 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
religious people are stupid, simple, have half a brain and are wasting their lives.

neil h

11th Oct 12 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the great irony of this thread being people saying religious types are stupid, yet being unable to accept/allow the fact that other people make different choices in life without deriding them.
adiohead

11th Oct 12 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My religion is that I believe religious people are stupid.

I am stupid, all religious people are stupid.

Respect my religion and don't call me stupid.
neil h

11th Oct 12 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
My religion is that I believe religious people are stupid.

I am stupid, all religious people are stupid.

Respect my religion and don't call me stupid.

I really don't know what to say to that
spencer88

11th Oct 12 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Originally posted by neil h
religious people are stupid, simple, have half a brain and are wasting their lives.

Coming form a man that will not eat meat!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » do you ever sit there and think 23 database queries in 0.0140340 seconds