corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cosmo's shop gone bust

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cosmo's shop gone bust
sc0ott

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 12 at 05:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By any chance does cosmo know leslie summers
Bart

23rd Oct 12 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^
Shell
Premium Member

23rd Oct 12 at 07:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4242331&page=4

There are rumours they've known this was coming since July and continued to take deposits and payments from brides. I'm certain if that comes to light, it's even more trouble for them. But I suspect it is nothing more than rumours.

Apparently the shop staff had absolutely no clue the stores were closing and were called on the Thursday night to say not to go to work on the Friday (not all staff however, some turned up to work to gutted stores) and all were due to be paid full months wage on the Saturday and obviously, they've had not a penny. So whilst the message on the website looks very helpful and such, the reality of how they've dealt very difficult situation isn't great. At least they are trying to get brides dresses to them though.
Marc

23rd Oct 12 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Bet he has fingers in other pies though. He was switched on.

I bet it involves men from Rotherham masquerading as Brazilian families.
John

23rd Oct 12 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owners, ie cosmo, will have walked away with a pretty penny while leaving a trail of distruction behind them. Probably never paid any tax.
Baskey

23rd Oct 12 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol at blaming the bank for not allowing a shit business more debt
AndyKent

23rd Oct 12 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell

There are rumours they've known this was coming since July and continued to take deposits and payments from brides. I'm certain if that comes to light, it's even more trouble for them. But I suspect it is nothing more than rumours.

This comes up all the time when businesses fold, but its what has to be done.

If, at the first sign of trouble, you stop taking orders you've already stopped trading immediately.

If, however, they had managed to sort out whatever problem they had a kept trading the story would fade away and no-one would be any the wiser.
LeeM

23rd Oct 12 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just remembered i read something in the echo the other day about a bridal shop in liverpool closing down, was that his as well or just coincidence?
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Oct 12 at 08:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excuse me for being pedantic, but wasn't it his parents shops that he was an employee at? I got the impression his dad had money invested all over so I'm sure Cosmo will be hooked up with another job elsewhere. Very strange tho detailing everything on the website as mentioned. Funny John mentioning that pin thing, it's the first thing I remember when I think of Cosmo Seemed like a decent enough idea at the time.

[Edited on 23-10-2012 by Brett]
Whittie

23rd Oct 12 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like the banks have done that to the business, which is a great shame, he & his family had a few shops!

It's a joke what the terms were with the CC payments as well, that could have no doubt been sorted if they stressed the position they were in more, or at least move from them and collect the money they were holding. Weird.

Pointless saying OMG a 20k od... Accross X amounts of shops and the business doing quite well, it's bugger all. No doubt they'll recover and be back, as they had what seemed to the eye a good business.
Jamie Walby

23rd Oct 12 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Please explain why someone would need to be permenantly overdrawn?
Because there's a business case for borrowing. ie. borrow at 10%, return 15%, keep the 5%.

Would be bad business to not have one, particularly as there are other things to consider, market share, expansion, that type of thing. They were expanding fairly fast I think

Definitly a real shame. Never nice to see a business go down particularly at the hands of banks.

Ideally you wouldn't need debt but with that sort of plan, it seems difficult to not get tied up in it.

Perhaps too fast? Can quite often be a business biggest downfall, they get carried away with the success and before you know it the bubble has burst. Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to business expansion IMO.
Whittie

23rd Oct 12 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby

Perhaps too fast? Can quite often be a business biggest downfall, they get carried away with the success and before you know it the bubble has burst. Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to business expansion IMO.

Couldn't agree more, a guy I know through business is exactly like that. He has become vastly unstuck lately.

He had a great idea, moved it along too quick, got it turning over a few mill then he decided to go worldwide, uk market fell and didn't make it in America and Oz. Business went under and now he's back at the start with a turnover no more than 50k.
Matt L

23rd Oct 12 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamied
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
No business should have and an o/d that large unless its short term

Very naive. Especially as you run your own pub?

I wouldn't say naive, maybe old fashioned. Please explain why someone would need to be permenantly overdrawn?

No one said anyone should be overdrawn all the time, although that in itself isn't a crime - especially just now.

With 90 days payment terms the norm the slack has to be picked up somewhere otherwise wages won't be getting paid.

If someone is turning over a couple of million a year a 20 grand OD is perfectly serviceable.

Exactly, company I work for turns over around 5 mill a year and have a 30k OD

I know of a company that i used to do work that was o/d by £250k for pretty much the last few years however still carried on a strong business.
Lawrah
Premium Member

23rd Oct 12 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame that.
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Oct 12 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
UPDATE 22nd Oct 11.00: Letters have now all gone out, if you don't receive one in the next few days then please contact us via this website.

Is there any way for people to actually do that? I can't see any links on the site
CORSA NUT

23rd Oct 12 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if he beleived in Aliens on the moon this wouldn't have happened TBH
Chris x

23rd Oct 12 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
UPDATE 22nd Oct 11.00: Letters have now all gone out, if you don't receive one in the next few days then please contact us via this website.

Is there any way for people to actually do that? I can't see any links on the site
f you do wish to contact us in the meantime then please do so by emailing us on enquiries@thebridalgallerygroup.com
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Oct 12 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x
quote:
quote:

f you do wish to contact us in the meantime then please do so by emailing us on enquiries@thebridalgallerygroup.com

Fair enough.
Ben G

23rd Oct 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least he's still supporting his local team
Nath

23rd Oct 12 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Excuse me for being pedantic, but wasn't it his parents shops that he was an employee at? I got the impression his dad had money invested all over so I'm sure Cosmo will be hooked up with another job elsewhere. Very strange tho detailing everything on the website as mentioned. Funny John mentioning that pin thing, it's the first thing I remember when I think of Cosmo Seemed like a decent enough idea at the time.

Yeah he just worked for them.
James

23rd Oct 12 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

He was on the books as a director according to that thread on MSE.
SetH

23rd Oct 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo I know you are reading this, please come back we will support and cuddle you x
Nath

23rd Oct 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
quote:

He was on the books as a director according to that thread on MSE.
Cosy.
mwg

23rd Oct 12 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell

I bet sexybabe1982 is anything but
Ben G

23rd Oct 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo a munter, mwg.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cosmo's shop gone bust 22 database queries in 0.0142331 seconds