corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stupid rules at work.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stupid rules at work.....
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 12 at 07:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only rules we have got are safety obsessed and can't really argue with those. No texting while walking, need to wear gloves before picking just about anything up, etc.

Canteen has got specific opening times but can eat or drink whenever we want, free coffee machines get hammered and smokers can go to their designated areas as they please.

Stupid rules often say more about the staff than the management... /controversial

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben J

2nd Nov 12 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eat when I want, drink when I want but i'm based out in the field.

At Head Office its fairly relaxed I think. Not been there long enough to find out.

baza31

2nd Nov 12 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your best bet without being in the firing line get everyone to join a union and that will put the shits up them . a union can make an employers life hell , you could all strike with the union and there's nothing they can do. If you all bow down to a jumped up nobody with half ounce of power it will only get worse. If you all stick together with a union his power will be overlooked and the union deal with the main people in power .
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We was told at work that we couldnt go home on our unpaid lunch break..

I just asked to see the line in my contract which states this rule. Obviously there wasnt one.

Have a read of your contract, not having cups of tea because it takes too long to boil the kettle is the most stupid rule ever, ask him about people who go for a fag break and how long they take.

Ben J

2nd Nov 12 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what annoys me. There could be staff who graft all the time and fancy a brew occasionally but get told no, yet all the Fag Ash Lils are oustside every 5 minutes puffing on cancer sticks.
Ben J

2nd Nov 12 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
You'll probably find its because someone has taken the piss and has fucked it up for the rest of you.

Speaking as a former workshop manager

This is true.

9/10 managers aren't cunts just for the sake of being cunts. There will be a "reason"

Speaking a a former dept manager

[Edited on 02-11-2012 by Ben J]
Jed D

2nd Nov 12 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv had a note put on my file for not having a shave.
apparently if i want to grow a beard i have to have written permission from my manager... after so many day's/weeks, if my manager doesn't find my beard appropriate i will get sent home to shave it off

shelf stacker
Ben J

2nd Nov 12 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At Marriott if you wanted to grow beard you had to do it when off work on holiday etc. It was either clean shaven or proper beard/goaty/Tache. No inbetween.

It was because people would take the piss. Come in unshaven and say "i'm growing a beard", then the next day be clean shaven again "i've decided not to", etc etc etc

You can't moan about a company expecting professional standards of appearance. Whether you are a shelf stacker or an MD, you are still representing the company. And infact a shelf stacker is alot more visible and more "the image" of the company.

[Edited on 02-11-2012 by Ben J]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow reading this thread has made me appreciate my job even more.
scoob
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was at a secure unit the otherday assessing a client and they had banned people from wearing blue jeans haha
Shell
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scoob
I was at a secure unit the otherday assessing a client and they had banned people from wearing blue jeans haha

Secure unit? As in hospital? Of course staff shouldn't be in blue jeans, if that's what you're referring to!!
mattk

2nd Nov 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why I really have to work for myself. I cant put up with bullshit like that. Id rather fend for myself
j10E W

2nd Nov 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck ever having to wok in any type of office
My office is my car do what i want when i want,
Tiger

2nd Nov 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j10E W
Fuck ever having to wok in any type of office
My office is my car do what i want when i want,

I dont work in an office, its a factory.
Ian W

2nd Nov 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Office staff in my place our really laid back, only two rules; if you make for one, you make for all and if you empty the kettle you fill it back up. Official lunchtime is 1230-1300 but we can take our's when it suits us and breaks when we need them.

The shop floor hourly staff get a 10minute tea break at 1000 and another at 1500 with 1230-1300 for lunch but our H&S policy prevents any of us taking drinks or food onto the shop floor. We're okay at our desks or in the office but shop floor have to use the canteen or go out

Same at my work.

Have a strict no mobiles rule now as we had a new starter who came in and took the piss He left and now where left with this rule
Neo

2nd Nov 12 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only "silly" rule here, is that we aren't allowed to eat our lunch at our desk. Can eat any snacks at any time, as long as it's not our lunch....however -

If we have client visits over "lunch time", we can eat lunch at our desks before or after that time

I know ultimately its so if we bring clients into our offices and want a chat, the management don't want it stinking of pot noodle or whatever, however the people that have stuff like that or the mug shot things have them either midday or 2 and claim its a snack, and then take their half hour lunch break
SetH

2nd Nov 12 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus wept makes me realise how lucky I am to work from home. I can get out of bed at 08:59 and walk over to my desk and sit there in my pants and start work

Go for epic shits, Wanks, access to kitchen etc etc
Ben G

2nd Nov 12 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had silly rules like this when i first started 5 years ago.

no open cups on the line.

no papers.

no mobile phones.

no eating.

no radio's.

funnily enough, as soon as management fail to hit production numbers due to low morale, they took a more relaxed approach to get the workforce on their side.

new managers like to come in and try and make a name for themselves, and most of the time end up looking like a complete cunt.
Tiger

2nd Nov 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
as soon as management fail to hit production numbers due to low morale, they took a more relaxed approach to get the workforce on their side.

This is what I predict.
MarkM

2nd Nov 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James[/]
Can come and go as I please and have hot/cold drinks whenever.

[Edited on 01-11-2012 by James]

This
Colin

2nd Nov 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure there will be something in H8S @ work act regarding minimum allowable working temperature.

Russ

2nd Nov 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do what i want, groping is frowned upon, but theres no rule against it
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Nov 12 at 02:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it you are not allowed to drink hot drinks or are you not allowed to go get one?

The latter i would agree with, if i dont drink hot drinks why should i work whilst you go make tea?
Nic Barnes

3rd Nov 12 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still don't like the whole "being on time" rule so I just ignore it and go in late every day.
AK

3rd Nov 12 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my hero

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stupid rules at work..... 23 database queries in 0.0138910 seconds